Skyrim:Andurs' Arkay Amulet
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Andurs in the Hall of the Dead.
- Retrieve Andurs' Amulet of Arkay.
- Return the amulet to Andurs.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Enter Whiterun's Hall of the Dead and speak to Andurs. He will ask you whether you believe in Arkay, and his sway over life and death. This is an opening gambit, which he uses to determine how best to persuade you to retrieve his amulet, which he left behind in the catacombs.
Ready yourself for a fight and enter the catacombs. You will encounter a few skeletons, who are immune to poison and paralysis, and resistant to frost. When you move forward, quickly turn to your right, as the first skeleton stands in wait here. Dispatch it as quickly as you can, because a second skeleton, who stands at the bottom of the stairs here, will rush to its aid. After this, there is a third and final skeleton behind the closed door to the left of the entrance. If you were unable to quickly kill the first two, then it may have already detected you and emerged to try and flank you.
Follow the stairs down by the second skeleton and go through the door; the amulet lies next to a wreath on the right-hand table. Before you leave, head to the base of the other set of stairs, and locate the Unusual Gem in one of the alcoves. This gem is related to the quest No Stone Unturned. Ascend the stairs and enter the room where the third skeleton stood; a copy of the Block skill book Death Blow of Abernanit can be found on one of the tables.
Return to Andurs and hand him the amulet. He will be very grateful... and reward you with 15 gold.
- If you already have an Amulet of Arkay when you begin the quest, you will not be able to complete it. To avoid triggering the bug, make sure you drop any existing Amulets of Arkay before you pick up the quest version. Just complete the quest and go back to where you dropped them and pick them back up again.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.5 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
 Quest Stages
|Andurs' Arkay Amulet (FreeformWhiterunQuest04)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Recover Andurs' Amulet of Arkay
Objective 20: Return the amulet to Andurs
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0.