The title should be Aetherial. - Mulsivaas 10:59, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
Moved this from the Lost to the ages page since I didn't see this page before. When you have the Aetherial crown and you have a stone effect that you can use once a day(ie. the ritual stone) you can use the effect as much as you want by: Using the effect removing the crown, re-equip the crown, use power again. The stone that you have first when equipping the crown is the one that can be re-used. If you have the ritual stone, equip the crown, then get the lord stone this will let you infinitely use the ritual stone. AzureKing 16:31, 4 July 2012 (UTC)
I currently have the Warrior stone, and the Aetherial Crown has the Lord Stone. If I go to the Guardian stones, then activate the Thief stone with the crown equipped, I'm notified that the Lord stone is removed, the Theif stone is added, then the Lord stone is re-added. Unequipping the Aetherial Crown removes the Lord Stone, while the Thief stone stays in my active effects. If I then activate the Mage stone while the crown is equipped, I get no message of a stone being added, but unequipping the Aetherial Crown removes the Warrior stone. My active effects list now lists the Mage, Thief, and Warrior stones as active while wearing the crown, while the Lord is gone.
What should have happened is this:
Active Stone is Warrior, Crown has Lord. Activate Thief, lose Lord, get Thief and Warrior. Activate Mage, lose Warrior, get Mage and Thief.
I posted this on another forum, but figured I'd post it here. I have no idea what's going on, so if someone can figure it out, that would be helpful. Swk3000 20:20, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
- I don't know if this is related to this or not because there appear to be so many bugs with this item. On the page it says "if you want to change your Standing Stone combination without losing the power stored in the Crown, simply unequip the Crown and then activate the Standing Stone to get the power, after that equip the Crown again." I tried this and it didn't work. I'm on PC with Skyrim v1.9 and using the Unofficial Skyrim, Dragonborn, Hearthfire, and Dawnguard patches. I didn't see anything in those patch notes regarding this item other than they supposedly made it so you can't temper it with the Dawnguard patch v1.1.4 - (2013-01-11). So that bug fix probably needs to be added to the page. Anyway, I had the lover stone power on the crown. I had the thief stone power on myself. I took the crown off to try to preserve the lover stone on it. I then used the warrior stone with the crown unequipped. It moved my thief stone to the crown and added warrior stone to my person. I didn't want the thief stone on the crown. The only other thing that may work would be dropping the crown or giving it to a follower before switching stones. Will try that. --Ignotus (talk) 02:09, 4 April 2013 (GMT)
- Now it is working "correctly". I can unequip the crown and it retains its power when I change stones. This thing definitely seems to have issues. --Ignotus (talk) 02:40, 4 April 2013 (GMT)
After obtaining the crown and adding the steed stone and lord stone i quickly removed the crown then took it on and off.. maybe 5 times now with the crown off i have 2 active stones listed under active effects. I also have some weird glitch going on with the mannequins yet again. After using the dupe glitch so much pre patch i ended up getting daedric armor stuck on one of the racks and could not duplicate anything different. Now post patch the armor remains stuck on the mannequin and can still remove it every time i enter the home in solitude. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 19:36 on 31 July 2012
- I also managed to get two standing stones powers active, without the crown equipped, but I'm not sure how to replicate the bug. With the bug in effect, changing activating another stone removes one of the powers, but a second one remains. In other words, changing stones doesn't cancel the bug. And, by equipping the crown while activating a third stone, I got two powers active plus a third one stored in the crown — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 01:55 on 4 September 2012
- Exploiting a glitch and then continuing a savegame after that glitch has been patched out is not going to correctly fix the glitch - instead, you'll get a weird half-fixed version like that. It's not something you need to bug report though - it's pretty definitely caused by what you did, not what Bethesda did, and so is probably near-unique to you. As for the crown; pretty sure it's a scripted effect. Hammer the script engine like that, triggering start and stop of a script over and over again, and pretty soon you'll break it.126.96.36.199 18:56, 15 September 2012 (GMT)
Ordinarily Rested (+5% XP), Well Rested (+10% XP) and Lover's Comfort (+15% XP) are not given while having the Lover Stone as your active stone. The way around this is to store the Lover Stone in the Aetherial Crown and unequip it before resting. Using this method can yield as high an +XP% as 50% (if your other stone is one of The Guardian Stones) during for 8 hours after resting. This is great if the quest you're about to go on is within 8 hours travel from home. If not, find a nearby inn, buy a room and settle for 45% +XP for 8 hours minus the journey to the nearby quest. Of course, being a Werewolf nullifies this entirely. — Unsigned comment by Abordoli (talk • contribs) at 21:44 on 12 August 2012
about the crownEdit
so in the bugs there is this thing about getting the crown then removing dawn guard. and what will happen is 1 of the standing stones effects will stay permanently. then if you re download dawn guard. the crown will be gone but u will be able to get another one by repeating the quest.......so what i want to know is if i could essentially get all the standing stone powers. given enough time using this exploit. think of it. all the standing stone powers and buffs at your finger tips on the xbox360.....i will attempt it. but it needs some exploration......comment please i need some opinions ( just no "i hate exploits bull" really its a non multilayer game. GET OVER IT!!!) — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 03:58 on 25 September 2012 (GMT)
- This "get one permenantly" glitch doesn't work on 360. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 11:19 on 4 October 2012
Giving Crown to FollowersEdit
If I load the crown with the Lord Stone and then give it to a follower, will he or she gain the Lord Stone's effects? Maybe PC players can find out, because I don't think there's any practical way of determining this on console. SonGoharotto (talk) 01:54, 6 October 2012 (GMT)
- Tested it, does not work :( -- 220.127.116.11 08:59, 25 October 2012 (GMT)
Re: Verification NeededEdit
- PC also working, please do not delete: Tested with Patch Version 18.104.22.168.7 on the PC and this glitch still works, it is even possible to change the Standing Stones without loosing the double effect. All what is needed is deactivating the Dawnguard DLC with the Aetherial Crown on and two Standing Stone effects active. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 00:56 on 16 November 2012
- So why not remove this confirmation needed thing alltogether, as Darryl has confirmed it for xbox? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 02:32 on 16 November 2012
- Because we don't document one-off bugs or glitches, which it would be for this Xbox user. So a second Xbox user confirming it would mean that it is definitely a repeatable glitch. Plus he doesn't mention what he is verifying, we can only assume he is referring to this issue. The listed bug also requires verification (it's semi-hidden in the template, but visible in the categorys). Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 02:44, 16 November 2012 (GMT)
Does it Count as Armour?Edit
Since it can be tempered does the crown count as armour? If so what type, and does it work with any relevant perks (such as Custom Fit)? One thing I hate about Skyrim's armours are the helmets, so I'm looking for a good circlet that matches well enough and still counts as armour. -- Haravikk (talk) 18:52, 5 December 2012 (GMT)
Done a few mix 'n' matches with the crown and several pieces of armor. It doesn't work with any of the "full set grants bonus" perks. Still a powerful artifact in itself. Imagine having the Lord stone and the Atronach stone. 188.8.131.52 22:20, 29 December 2012 (GMT)
should be deletedEdit
"If you get 2 Standing Stone powers with the Crown, uninstalling the plug-in will make one permanent. Installing Dawnguard again will make you restart all added quests, but will allow you to get the Crown again. Repeat this for multiple Standing Stone bonuses. [verification needed— doesn't work on 360]"
- Agreed.--184.108.40.206 20:08, 8 April 2013 (GMT)
Not sure, where to add this, if it should be added at all... The Crown simply adds and removes the "Aetherial Crown" Perk (xx00D00A), while also removing the "old" blessing when unequiping. So PC users can simply add the perk (player.addperk xx00D00A) and wont need to wear the crown to get 2 blessings. Only drawback of that is, that you can not keep a blessing saved... its always the last two blessings. 220.127.116.11 00:38, 25 May 2013 (GMT)
- Thanks for the information, but we don't document exploits on regular articles. If this can be confirmed, it may be noteable on the Glitches page, though. — ABCface◥ 00:55, 25 May 2013 (GMT)
- Actually, this information is still relatively useful. Consider this, from what I've seen, adding an Aetherial Crown via the console does not provide its scripted effect. However, using the playerenchantobject command and the perk, the player should be able to create a crown which works properly. I would say this isn't an exploit, in the event that someone lost their original Crown or experienced a bug with it. --BlackhawkXIII (talk) 08:55, 26 January 2014 (GMT)
3+ Standing Stone Effects (and possible Duplicate Standing Stone Effects) (360)Edit
I have been able to obtain three or more standing stone effects with the glitch mentioned earlier on the Talk page a few times. In fact I currently have Mage, Thief, and Warrior sitting on my Dragonborn with the Crown unequipped. Though equipping and unequipping the Crown caused me to lose the Warrior stone afterwards whenever I unequip. I have successfully reached 4 standing stones once but I'm trying to set it up so I get the Mage, Thief, and Warrior sitting with the Lover on the Crown and set up so it won't get rid of the others when I unequip the crown. When I did get it working Mage was on the crown and Warrior Thief and Lover were permanent, but for me to get those stacked with a normal resting bonus I need Lover on the Crown.
I did at one point a while ago somehow successfully have two stacking instances of the Warrior stone in my active effects. I have thus far been unable to repeat this. If anyone figures out how to set that up that would be amazing, especially if combining with the Lover's stone, a resting bonus, and the Ancient Knowledge effect... Smithing growth would be lightning quick at that point.18.104.22.168 04:44, 15 July 2013 (GMT)
Bug with forgingEdit
I can't forge the crown because in the gui it says i am lacking the flawless sapphires while i have them in my inventory. Is this because they are considered quest items for Madesi's quest? Deselecting the quest doesn't help. It is.. worrying. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 21:43 on 22 August 2013
- Yes, if Madesi's quest is active, the only way the gems can be removed from your inventory is by completing his quest (and thus losing those gems). (And by active, it means you have started but not completed it, regardless of whether or not it is selected in your journal.) — ABCface◥ 21:51, 22 August 2013 (GMT)
I feel like there should be a "The" in front of "Legitimately obtained copy of this item is fully permanent." It would make more sense and when I saw it first I got really confused so I decided to make this. I will leave the changing to someone else. I0brendan0 (talk) 21:05, 13 March 2014 (GMT)
- This can be archived/deleted because someone changed what I was talking about. I don't know how to so if someone else could I would appreciate it. I0brendan0 (talk) 03:29, 30 April 2014 (GMT)
- Ok I don't know how it works. I0brendan0 (talk) 19:37, 30 April 2014 (GMT)
not working properly, helpEdit
Trying to equip the ritual stone to the Crown but it seems to be avoiding it choosing instead the stone I had before it can anyone help with thisSammael the greater (talk) 07:56, 3 May 2014 (GMT)
When wearing it with a Falmer Helmet (or presumably Jagged Crown)Edit
The Aetherial Crown takes up the Circlet slot so you can wear it with a Falmer Helmet or the Jagged Crown, much like you can with the Dragon Priest masks.
But if you are wearing it with a Falmer Helmet or Jagged Crown, and try getting two stone effects, it doesn't work. You only get one, as if you were not wearing the Aetherial Crown.
If you want to get two stone effects while wearing the Falmer Helmet or Jagged Crown AND the Aetherial Crown: 1) remove your Falmer Helmet/Jagged Crown, so you are just wearing your Aetherial Crown, 2) get two stone effects (eg Thief Stone and Warrior Stone) in the normal way, and 3) then reequip your Falmer Helmet or Jagged Crown. This way, you will have your Aetherial Crown and Falmer Helmet or Jagged Crown, and two stone effects.
I hope this has been helpful.126.96.36.199 03:33, 15 November 2014 (GMT)