Skyrim talk:Bounty: Giant
reward and over getting the quest
on my current game i have been getting the quest everytime i talk to Ulfrics steward; i get the quest, go do it because its fun to kill giants, come back for my reward and the next time i enter the hall i can ask about bounties again and i get another giant bounty, is this normal? Also, each time i have recieved 100 gold, I'm at level 24 right now, so I'm going to assume thats the fixed reward, but I'd like some feedback on it. (Eddie The Head 09:01, 17 December 2011 (UTC))
- I am getting only 100 gold for giant bounty quests as well. Other rewards have scaled up, but not these.Malko050987 19:30, 4 January 2012 (UTC)
- I'm adding it to the article until someone can defiantly say they recieved more, or less than 100 gold. (Eddie The Head 05:55, 5 January 2012 (UTC))
Collect bounty from Jarl not clearing from quest log
I had a quest to kill a giant. I killed the giant, and the journal told me to collect bounty from Jarl (Skald in my case). My map marker was pointing to Dawnstar at this point. Went to Dawnstar, Skald gave me my bounty. Gold was added but the quest journal still said "collect bounty from Skald".
I have tried reloading previous saves from before starting the quest i.e. before visiting the giant camp. But with the same results.
I am playing on PC. I tried to advance it with "setstage BQ03 200", but the entry is still there. I tried "resetquest BQ03" but the journal entry still says to collect the bounty.
To reproduce this here is some more info. This is my second play through. In this one I followed UESP and I visited each and every city/town/stronghold and got all the quests I could. I visited UESP's quests page, got every quest that was available for every city/town/stronghold plus the first quest for the companions/dark brotherhood/thieves guild/bard's college/college of winterhold. Once I got as many quests as I could I started completing them. Completed all the different factions quests. Main quest still says to go to High Hrothgar.
I do not know if this is a bug. If it is, can some experienced wiki editor include it on the radiant quest page for BQ03? — Unsigned comment by Desaivv (talk • contribs) at 14:39 on 26 January 2012 (UTC)
- I also encountered this with Skald, but on a radiant Bounty: Dragon quest instead. Maybe the bug is related to Skald, rather than the quest itself? Darksquirrels 08:10, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, thanks! For some reason it slipped my mind to actually check Skald's page as well! Darksquirrels 08:34, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
Posible workaorund is added.
I have added the work around for clearing skald bounty quest journal entry for pc users. but u have to do it before submitting the quest. once quest goes to stage 200 its not possible to clear entries. this bug occurs becoz stage 101 doesn't exist in player.sqs BQ03 and it completes stage 100 when u talk to skald instead of 101. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 29 April 2012}
Bug:no giant spawn
on my current game i got that quest from rorikstead innkeeper ,but the giant haven't spawn; i got the quest entry about killing giant but no quest marker . i went to place where it should be spawned (Bleakwind basin) and there are nothing there. treasure chest did respawn (i cleared it few days before) but not giants or mammoths. newest skyrim patch , i think it should be in bug section. --18.104.22.168 20:21, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
A probably bug of Bounty quest.
I got the bounty letter and went to the Sleeping Tree Camp, which I never explored before. Upon my way near the camp, A dragon attacked, and a giant run out from somewhere to help kill the dragon. Then I kill the giant, light the icon of camp, then found there were only two mammoths, with no giant. But my quest remained unfinished even if I kill the mammoths.
Finally I used the control command to progress the stage.
Game version is 1.7.7, not the latest. 22.214.171.124 22:29, 25 November 2012 (GMT)
Falkreath sent me to Whiterun hold
I received a bounty to kill a giant from the jarl's steward in Falkreath. Strangely, it sent me to kill a giant in Secunda's Kiss, which is pretty close to the city of Whiterun. I guess the Falkreath hold doesn't have any giant camps, but I still thought it was odd they would send me to kill a giant outside the hold's territory. Also, on the map it says Secunda's Kiss, but in the quest log it says Secunda's Shelf. 126.96.36.199 00:29, 16 September 2013 (GMT)
- Actually, Secunda's Kiss is what the map marker and your main map says, but it appears as Secunda's Shelf on the local map. The Secunda's Shelf information in data puts it in Falkreath rather than Whiterun Hold, so this is working as intended. I've updated the place article to reflect this, I'll check on what needs to be updated on this article and fix what needs to be fixed here as well. — ABCface◥ 13:21, 16 September 2013 (GMT)