Skyrim talk:Kolskeggr Mine (quest)
After finishing this quest, the orc miner said he would send word to the orc strongholds that I was trustworthy, and I was allowed to enter them without doing the Forgemaster's Fingers quest. A nice reward along with the tons of gold ore. 22.214.171.124 01:51, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
But...Gat... What? How?! Why!!
I just finished the quest. Then shortly after (I smelted all my Gold, explored a house in left-hand mine, and exited) a courier found me and told me I had inherited Gold... And the letter said it was from Gat Gro-Orcname. Why did he die? Is it scripted, or something, or did it just happen randomly? I was able to find his friend along the road, and he seemed fine, and hadn't even entered the wilderness. Do NPC's just randomly die and sometimes leave you money!?!? What's going on? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 02:33 on 15 January 2012 (GMT)
- NPCs who like you will leave you an inheritance should they die. Gat was probably killed by the respawning Forsworn in Kolskeggr Mine. --Legoless 19:43, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
Is there a way to stop the forsworn from respawning?
What if i use the console to 'disable' them? ForsakenOne 14:39, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
- "Disable" or "Kill" are only affecting the particular instance, so it does not do more than simply killing them. Whenever the zone is reset, all old enemies will be disabled anyway, and new ones created according to the tables used for that area. The only way I could think of to stop them from respawning is to prevent the area being reset - i.e., visit regularily. Although this does not stop all areas from being reset, so it is not a safe bet - and probably quite annoying. To keep my moral reward of Pavo and co. leading a happy worker's life, I just leave the whole area. --Ulkomaalainen 22:07, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
Unlimited reward bug?
Encounter a serious glitch. After I finish clearing the mine of Forsworn, both Pavo and Gat go back to work. After some time, this quest happens AGAIN. You have the option to tell them the mine is cleared again, and get the reward (inside the barrack). Then you watch them heading out the miner's barrack. When you go out, they will return to the barrack. And the quest happens AGAIN. Loop and Loop. Non-stop. (Only happen with patch 1.4)
- The same thing has happen to me. I did the quest, collected my reward of 1,000 gold and some time later I went back to Kolskeggr Mine only to find all the Forsworn, both inside the mine and outside, had all respawned(with the addition of a Reach guard). Looked around for the miners and they were nowhere to be found. Went back to Left Hand Mine and sure enough there both the miners were inside the barracks, and they gave me the quest yet again, and I collected another 1,000 gold yet again. In order to pretend like the quest isn't reopened I basically have to never go inside the mine again and never go to the Left Hand barracks ever again. There is no way for me to fix this because I'm playing on PS3 and I don't see Bethesda ever patching this game again. Bethesda might make fun games but they really drop the ball when it comes to game quality. 188.8.131.52 07:29, 3 October 2013 (GMT)
Has anyone encountered a situation where you cannot complete the quest because Pavo is hiding in the miners barraks and your flagged as trespassing?
Pavo in hiding!
Has anyone encountered a situation where you cannot complete the quest because Pavo is hiding in the miners barracks and your flagged as trespassing? Having same problem. Pavo won't come out of the barracks. Don't want to pick the lock in front of everyone. Using vanilla game with latest update and USP 204a 184.108.40.206 18:14, 25 June 2014 (GMT)
- Usually these situations can be fixed by entering the building, getting their attention, and exiting with them in tow. It does mean you need to pick the lock but you should be able to get a blind spot to do it unseen and avoid a bounty. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 19:10, 25 June 2014 (GMT)
- Use the command prid 199B6 then moveto player this will bring both Pavo and Gat out of the miner's hut and enable interaction with Pavo. This problem seems to have been created with the latest iteration of the unofficial patch. 220.127.116.11 20:52, 7 November 2014 (GMT)