Skyrim talk:The Midden
 Black Soul gem for Daedra Heart
Does the black soul gem need to be full or empty, or does it not matter? Whatever the answer is it should be added. 188.8.131.52 09:52 21 November 2011
- I'm fairly certain full gems never work, but I need to do more experimentation to be sure. All I know is when making salts I tried using 2 empty petty and 1 full petty, and only got 2 salts, and had to throw in an empty lesser as my full petty was gone too!Shardok 08:09, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
Where are these recipes coming from? Are these all the recipes, or just ones that have been found written in game/through experimentation? Jabies 14:16, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- rpeh found these recipes in the various Atronach Forge Recipes in the game files. If there are more, they are not in marked recipe books. Some people have done experimenting to figure out some of the mechanics of it, but the script holding the definitive list of recipes and their priorities hasn't been looked at yet. Once the Creation Kit comes out, the forge script will be interpreted and this page will be complete. Lukish_ Tlk Cnt 10:15, 28 November 2011 (UTC)
 Really A Bug?
Would the Skyrim>Midden transition door thing really be considered a bug? If anything, it's a simple inconsistency... --Mikeyy 09:04, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
 Soul Gems/Azura's Star
Can anyone confirm if the recipes that need soul gems will work with Azura's Star/Black Star, and do you definitely get it back afterwards? Godlessmunkey 01:48, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
 Daedric relic bugged for me - not accepting any rings
v184.108.40.206 - I have the 4 ornamental rings, I am trying to put them on the daedric relics fingers. Nothing happens when I click on the correct ring for that finger, for any of them. I've googled this puzzle and know which ring goes where, I've even seen the video of how it's supposed to work, but for some reason it just isn't accepting the rings. I do run a lot of mods, but I've tried disabling all the interface ones and the ones I could imagine messing with this, and no luck. I've used the console (ShowInventory) to verify that the rings in my inventory have the correct ID #s. What on earth is going on? I keep having weird problems like this lately - is it from modding? I'm not using anything too experimental, mostly highly commended interface & balance mods. Getting very frustrated, spending more time attempting to resolve weird bugs than playing lately. Perko 06:26, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- I have since discovered that this is just another symptom of a much more general and devastating problem that has developed with my saved game for some reason. All sorts of world objects are now failing to respond properly, this was just one of the first more glaring instances where it had happened. So it's not anything wrong with this part of the game per se. Perko 17:01, 30 December 2011 (UTC)
 Midden's location?
I know that there are two entrances inside the college, but it also states that there is an alternate entrance in a cave. Does anyone know where this alternate entrance is? 220.127.116.11 02:04, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- It's somewhere on the cliff. Primarily it is an exit. I think it is a cave exit in the Midden Dark.--18.104.22.168 23:04, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
 Daedric Relic glitch?
OK so I got the rings for the gauntlet, went back down to the door and nothing. The door is locked and I've looked everywhere to unlock it but nothing is happening. Any help would be great. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 00:31 on 11 May 2012
- You'll need to provide more information than that. What door is locked? There shouldn't be any locked doors in the Midden, other than perhaps the Augur of Dunlain's chamber, which contains nothing. —Legoless 13:49, 25 August 2012 (UTC)
 I think Skyrim hates me
 Midden Dark trapdoor
The map shows an entrance outside the college called "Midden Dark" (just to the right of the main doors) but I can't find the entrance anywhere. The only Skyrim exit I see from Dark is the cave one. Is this a glitch? --126.96.36.199 05:47, 13 May 2013 (GMT)