Page Name
- I've gone ahead and renamed the article, seeing as this proposal went unchallenged for half a year. --Legoless 14:49, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
Horses can be mounted while over encumbered and can still fast travel while the rider is over encumbered. This works at least on the xbox360 even after the first patch. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 09:46 on 23 November 2011 (GMT)
 Fast Travel - Static, or with modifiers?
I've been wondering this for a while now. I know Kajhit have a faster pace than other races. On top of that, you have horses as well. Does using any of these change the time you fast travel between places? Or is it always the same? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 10:32 on 6 December 2011
- I've only got a few sample cases for FT between cities for a single Nord character, so I can't address your question exactly, but from what I've seen (XBox 360) fast travel times vary a small amount trip-to-trip, but they do not vary between modes. So for example: The FT-Carriage time from Whiterun to Morthal is 6:15, +- about 3 minutes. The FT-Walk Morthal to Whiterun time is 6:03, no observed variance. Interestingly the FT-Sneak Morthal to Whiterun time is ALSO 6:03. I don't have statistically significant number of test runs, so the variance observations should be taken with a grain of salt. Something wicked 12:13, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
just a question before i get skyrim, do carriages fast travel like boats/striders did in morrowind, or do they actually move while you're there, like you can look out the back and see the carriage moving, or it can be waylaid by bandits. Any answers? — Unsigned comment by Emzi43 (talk • contribs) at 16:05 on 19 December 2011
- The screen just fades to black like you would while fast travelling. --Sencilia 14:04, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
 Guards and sprinting into them...
I was running around Windhelm and I sprinted into a guard. And suddenly, I got the message "Nord Mead added to inventory"... Has anyone else had this happen? It kinda made me laugh, cuz they're always complaining about not having mead...--Ravage 23:48, 1 January 2012 (UTC)
 Funny little quirk
did anyone else notice that if you sprint while holding 2, 1-handed swords, you character looks like Roxas running from Kingdom Hearts? Kremlin16 22:05, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
 Fast Travel Swim
At least on the PS3, you CAN fast travel while swimming. I don't know about being underwater, or similar (I will attempt to test this out shortly), but being on the surface of the water works just like if you were on dry land
18.104.22.168 18:16, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, on the PC too. While on the surface and while diving, no problem. I removed that addition. --Alfwyn 18:33, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
- Tested PS3; Fast Travel is yes while underwater. Anyone comment on X-Box? 22.214.171.124 18:54, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
- Fast travel on the xbox while underwater is a yes. Evlydia 04:00, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
 Speed of Fast Travel with horses, on foot and with carriage
I think it should be noted that fast traveling by going on foot, riding and taking a carriage has equal speed. This means you're not faster when fast traveling with a horse.--TonifromSaxony 07:38, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
Sneak walking speed is 47 and normal walking is 80. Yet sneak walking covers more feet per second? And the article says "A horse's walking speed is faster than a sprinting player", yet the values in the table list the players sprinting speed as 500 and a horses running (not walking) speed as 450. I think it meant to say the horses running speed was faster than a players sprinting, but according to the values in teh table, this is wrong? I don't have access to a way to find the vales either, so I thought I would not this here. I apologize if this is some stupid misunderstanding on my part, wouldn't be the first time. Ice 00:01, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
 Carriage System Different?
Hey, I just got a ride to riften (lvl 17 character fresh out of tutorial cave) on the carriage system and I noticed that the option to go to the minor holds was removed. Checked at Riften as well, still removed. Although for some reason I was able to ride to Dawnstar on a lvl 27 character who had been around for a bit. Anyone else got this? Warrof 01:39, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- Playing on 360, I'm able to take a carriage to any of the nine hold capitals (minor cities included). Not sure what could be causing that in your game. Do you have the most recent patch? Sorry for the lack of help. username12345 10:20, 9 July 2012 (UTC)
- I'm playing on the 360 as well with my latest character (Lvl 7 Khajiit with a few quests under the belt), and I've noticed that the carriage system is different as well; I can only travel to the major walled cities, and none of the "lesser" cities. Seems like a glitch to me. Light-in-His-Eyes 20:41, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
 Death of a Carriage Driver?
So a follower and I took a carriage to Markarth, and when I arrived, my Cursed Ring of Hircine went off, and everyone in the Markarth Stables area became hostile to me, including the Markarth carriage driver. I ran away until the effect wore off, but my follower stayed and fought. I think my follower might have killed the carriage driver, because there hasn't been anyone on the carriage for several in-game days. Can drivers die, and if so, do they get replaced? username12345 10:17, 9 July 2012 (UTC)
- They can die, I've killed a few myself. As for getting replaced, I wouldn't have a clue. I only killed them to complete the new Dawnguard achievements for Werewolves and Vampire Lords.--Dro'Bakha 10:32, 9 July 2012 (UTC)
 Vampire lord
Can someone add the speed for the Vampire Lord? --Skyhirider 14:06, 13 July 2012 (UTC)
I can verify that the Ferrymen also take Dawnguard-aligned players to castle Volkihar, Have tested et. Vos 23:04, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
 Own carriages with Hearthfire
It seems that the carriages purchaseable for your own homes have a lot more options to travel. Seems those are not yet mentioned anywhere. I will try to provide a list and I propose to create a new section for this on the page. --Romulus (talk) 14:54, 4 February 2013 (GMT)
- Here's that list.
- These settlements (in addition to the standard carriage options) can be traveled to using a carriage from one of the three Hearthfire homesteads:
- Darkwater Crossing
- Dragon Bridge
- Old Hroldon
- Shor's Stone
This will be a helpful addition to the article. I can't add them to the article correctly - I don't even know how to indent the whole batch here without doing it one by one, nor do I know how to use the raised HF icon - so whoever wants to put these on the list, please-and-thank-you. --Scribbles (Crayolamanic) 13:19, 24 February 2013 (GMT)
Additionally, I don't think they need a separate section, just integration and designation with the HF icon. --Scribbles (Crayolamanic) 13:23, 24 February 2013 (GMT)