No Dialogue
I just arrived when Alduin was ressurrecting him. There was no dialogue either by Alduin's or Vuljotnaak's side. 22.214.171.124 16:57, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, there is dialogue. You can hear it, and you can see it in subtitles if you stand directly under Alduin while he is resurrecting Vuljotnaak. Presumably, he does the same for all of the other dragon burial sites, probably only changing to the name of the dragon he is resurrecting. I will leave it here for someone with more formatting experience to insert into the article. It is very similar to the dialogue between Alduin and Sahloknir during A Blade in the Dark, so I have copy/pasted it from that article, and edited it as appropriate. The only line that I had to translate was the last one. I have no idea what 'boaan' means, as there's no entry for it on the dragon language page, but 'Boann tiid' was used in the dialogue between Alduin and Sahloknir:
- Sahloknir: Alduin, thuri! Boaan tiid vokriiha suleyksejun kruziik?
- Alduin, my overlord! An age past, did you not destroy the power of the ancient kings? (Alduin, overlord! An age time ago kill power-of-kings ancient?)
- Alduin: Vuljotnaak, ziil gro dovah ulse!
- Vuljotnaak, ever-bound dragon spirit! (spirit bound dragon eternity-of)
- Alduin: Slen Tiid Vo!
- Let your flesh be unrotten! (Flesh against time)
- Vuljotnaak: Alduin, thuri!
- Alduin, my overlord! (Alduin, overlord!)
- Alduin: Alok, Vuljotnaak. Tiid boaan.
- Arise, Vuljotnaak. It's been a while. (?) (time an age)
 Unexpected Encounter
Came across his burial site riding from the Darkbrotherhood sanctuary heading to Dawnstar sanctuary. I was halted from my journey by a familiar light show, as seen at Kynesgrove (sp). I struck the ground when he didn't come out and he said "Speak, if you ought to say worth the listening." I've not done much in shout collection on this character, but I tried every shout I had; aura whisper, become ethereal, dismay, elemental fury, marked for death (all three words), slow time, throw voice (all three words), unrelenting force (all three words), and whirlwind sprint. If not otherwise stated I only had the first word. Seeing as this is a dragon pulled from the main quest line, it's not likely one can bring him out prematurelly. If anyone cares to give it a shot I've started Diplimatic immunity, but haven't talked to the wood elf I'm solitude yet. — Unsigned comment by Artemis Enterei (talk • contribs) at 01:43 on 24 December 2011
 Attacking Alduin
I made a save before my odd visit to this same phenomenon. (I regularly make saves before and after against-odds battles). When I came up to Alduin the first time, I allowed him to summon the dragon within. After a fierce battle but horrible death, I revisited my last save to try and attack Alduin BEFORE he struck the grave with his shout. I managed to succeed an arrow to his belly right at the time he shouted. However, after the fact, Alduin flew off and the grave was still untouched, apart from the glowing lights surrounding the grave and beaming to the sky. I had the same reaction from Vuljotnaak: "Speak, if you have ought the say worth the listening." by means of striking the grave with my mace or shouting around the grave. If Alduin is left alone, he will ressurect the dragon. But attack Alduin and he will flee and come back later. This is the best conclusion I have for this subject. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 05:18 on 26 December 2011
 Does He Ever Respawn?
Do any of these named dragons ever respawn once you kill them? (188.8.131.52 05:27, 27 December 2011 (UTC))
- You probably know this buy now but no. None of the dragons you kill respawn because you took the dragon's soul. You then get to use the souls to unlock "shouts" which are dffernt powers you get, like at the start of the game: Unrelelnting Force. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 09:51 on 17 July 2012
 I saw him outside Whiterun Cell
I was using Whirlwind Sprint from the top of Jorrvaskr and landed outside Whiterun. I wandered around for a bit and was on my way to Markarth, but still in the Whiterun Cell, when I saw this dragon. Is this why dragons can jump from being outside a city and back to outside it? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 19:36 on 1 February 2012
 Bend Will Him
 Already alive and flying
I hadn't been down this road before and this named dragon was flying around in the sky already and attacked me as soon as I got close enough. I never got to see Alduin resurrect him. I don't think I was ever close enough to the area of his burial mound to trigger the event but apparently Alduin had already resurrected Vuljotnaak before I ever got near the site. Has this happen to anyone else where named dragons were already revived without being able to see the scene unfolded? 18.104.22.168 08:13, 16 September 2013 (GMT)