The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
This page covers all the known phrases and terms used in the Elder Scrolls games; terms that Stormhold expects you to know beforehand and can make the game quite frustrating when starting up:
- Alteration is the magic of altering the physical world. It provides many useful effects that can make up for other character weaknesses. In Stormhold, the use of Alteration is limited to five different spells and the strength of each spell depends on your Alteration skill level.
- Blunt Weapon
- Blunt Weapon is a skill that governs the use of Blunt Weapons, such as Clubs and Maces. The higher your skill level, the stronger the weapons will be.
- Conjuration is the magic of summoning creatures from other planes, creating magical weapons and armor, and repelling undead creatures. In Stormhold, Conjuration is limited to five spells, such as Doom Hammer and Daedric Weapon and can prove extremely helpful along the way, especially at higher levels.
- Destruction magic provides many means of inflicting damage on enemies and is one of the most effective magic schools for direct damage to an enemy.
- Heavy Armor
- Heavy Armor is more or less self-explanatory. The higher the skill level, the better protection is received by equipping Heavy Armor.
- Illusion spell effects, such as paralyze, blind and fear, alter the perceptions and thoughts of living beings.
- Light Armor
- The Light Armor skill resembles the Heavy Armor skill. The higher the skill level, the better protection is received by equipping Light Armor.
- Long Blade
- This skill governs your use of Long Blades and generally makes your attacks more effective and strong.
- Perception is the ability to see better; when monsters are hiding in the dark corridors of the dungeons, a high skill level in Perception makes them easier to identify on your map.
- Restoration involves the magical healing or augmentation of living tissue. You can cast spells to restore, fortify, or absorb physical and magical attributes, cure disease, and resist magical attacks. You can heal yourself while or after fighting with this type of spell.
- The function of this skill is partly unknown but seems to affect how easy you are to detect when you are moving around (?)
- Short Blade
- This skill governs your use of Short Blades and generally makes your attacks more effective and strong.
- This skill will help you communicate better with the Trainers, giving you a better chance to befriend them and a more convenient way of befriending them after threats. (?)
- Determines your character's base defense against physical attacks.
- Affects the amount of health your character has.
- Determines your character's supply of base magicka.
- Represents your character's fate and fortune.
- Determines how well you interact with the Champions.
- Determines how fast your character moves.
- Affects the amount of damage your character can inflict.
- Affects the recovery speed of Magicka energy.
- Nordic blood runs through the veins of these fierce mountain warriors.
- Battlemages are masters of combat magic.
- These noble warriors are able to use the heaviest weapons and armor with ease.
- Trickery and illusion give the Nightblades an edge in war.
- Brigand blood and harsh battles made these clever warriors terrible opponents.
- Sorcerers are powerful masters of all mystic crafts.
- Members of the Spellsword class combine deadly bladesmanship with quick-hitting magic.
- See Lore:Nord
- See Lore:Breton
- See Lore:Redguard
- Wood Elf
- See Lore:Wood Elf
- High Elf
- See Lore:High Elf