|Hi! Welcome to my page! Below is various information about me, and other cool stuffz!
Everybody cheer! Remember, remember, the Eleventh of November! All that blah!
Anyway, as a temp admin for Skyrim I will probably be doing a lot of Patrolling. A lot of verification and stuff I will leave to others, so I will be verifying that there is no vandalism or nonsense sneaking in during this hectic time.
I can attempt to verify things with a tool called the CSList that contains all of the inside information, but it is not in a great format, so I will probably be more waiting until the Creation Kit is released.
As of writing this (17:50, 11 November 2011 (UTC)) I do not have Skyrim, but should within the next 10 hours at least.
A few ground rules that I am setting for myself for a first while after release:
- Normal Gameplay. The point here is that I want to make sure that I am experiencing the game as is. This will better help in finding bugs and such. I of course will still download any Official Patches from Bethesda, as I consider these still the game as it was meant to be. I will not regard these rules if I am purposefully testing.
- No mods.
- No .ini changing.
- No Unofficial Patches.
- No using the console.
But why are you reading this anyway? Go play!
Yay! I have Skyrim now. I may note things of interest here as I go through or something.
First...my laptop really, really sucks at running this game, something that was in my mind as I was waiting for it. I have lowest graphics and everything set to be at lowest range as possible. If I'm lucky I can manage a whole 10 fps. It still looks great though, unlike Oblivion, which gets overly cartoonish and lower settings. Of course it is a bit harder to play than I would like.
And of course at the moment because of my lack of use of mods or .ini changes, I can't do much about it at the moment. I'm sure fairly soon there will be a plethora of ways to increase my performance.
As for gameplay, it seems to be great. I have gotten through the Golden Claw quest, and rode a carriage to...the capital I forget the name of to join the Legion. A few things I noticed:
- The new left and right hand equipping is...different. I'm used to being able to use a sword, shield, and keep a destruction spell handy at all times. So I've had to lose the shield in favor of some good old fastened slashing and burning.
- I find the menu difficult to navigate. I much preferred how Oblivion had all tabs available at the bottom for easier navigation, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
- Quests. They are EVERYWHERE. It seems like just by walking through a village I pick up on enough leads to start more quests than I can keep track of. I miss the journal though. It made a nice personal touch that your character was writing down a log of his adventures.
But again, why are you reading this? :)
- My talk page. User talk:DKong27
- Archive of my talk page. User talk:DKong27/Archive
- Special talk archive for awards. User talk:DKong27/AwardArchive
- Userbox creation and testing here. Also, easy instructions to create userboxes. Also userbox Templates I have created. User:DKong27/Sandbox
- Page created for wiki colors. User:DKong27/WikiColors
- Various testing here. User:DKong27/Sandbox/2
- My recommended Oblivion PC mods. User:DKong27/Mods
- A template I created to use with the Mods page. Currently broken. User:DKong27/ModTemplate
- A sandbox to work with sorting the Bestiary. User:DKong27/BestiarySorting
- A place to create an Index for the Bestiary. User:DKong27/BestiaryIndex
- A soft redirect for my email link. User:DKong27/Email