|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
That might be any Dunmer ancestral tomb. The ancient Dunmer word for ancestral tomb is 'cardruhn'. 'Ruhn' translates as 'home' or 'hearth-hall'. 'Card' means 'undeparted kin-wardens'. The sense is very close to your phrase 'Halls of the Dead'. -- A Savant's Tale
- Talk to Lalatia Varian at the Imperial Chapels in Ebonheart for an Oracle's quest.
- Talk to a Scout and a Savant Dunmer to decipher Varian's vision.
- Travel to Omaren Ancestral Tomb to recover the Skull Crusher.
- Enter the Forgotten Vaults of Anudnabia and find the warhammer in a chest suspended over a forge.
- Return to Lalatia to complete the quest.
Lalatia Varian at the Imperial Chapels in Ebonheart will ask you to recover the powerful warhammer named Skull Crusher, which was stolen way back in the First Era. Varian will relate to you another strange vision which might reveal the location of the item. She saw a Daedric ruin with a forge of molten stone, sealed by fallen rocks, though the forge can still be accessed through the Halls of the Dead. Varian suggests that you talk to a Dunmer Scout to find out the meaning of her vision.
Find any Dunmer scout, such as Nalasa Sarothren at the Elven Nations Cornerclub in Vivec's Hlaalu Canton. Nalasa will suggest that you try the ruins of Anudnabia (east of Sadrith Mora). You can also talk to any Dunmer Savant, such as Llaalam Dredil at the Grand Council Chambers, who will equate the Halls of the Dead with any Dunmer ancestral tomb. Putting the two together yields that you are looking for an ancestral tomb near to Anudnabia.
The nearest tomb to Anudnabia (which you cannot actually enter) is actually visible (barely) from the shrine: the Omaren Ancestral Tomb (should be on one of the most eastern islands east of Sadrith Mora). From within the tomb, you can access the shrine and reach the Forgotten Vaults of Anudnabia. Jump onto the anvil to reach the Skull Crusher, which is in a chest suspended over the forge.
Return to Lalatia Varian with the warhammer, which you will get to keep. In addition, if your Blunt Weapon skill is less than 40, you'll receive the magical ring Foe-Grinder. If it is greater than 40 you will receive the less powerful Foe-Quern. This is the last quest you'll receive from Varian.
- In the Forgotten Vaults of Anudnabia, there is also a rare Daedric Face of Terror on one of the surrounding ledges, so levitation would be helpful. Other loot includes Dwemer Boots of Flying, a Dwemer Jinksword, a rare Scroll of Windwalker and three books that train Armorer skill.
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: The Scroll of Fiercely Roasting||Up: Imperial Cult Quests||Next: None|