Morrowind:Widow Vabdas' Deed
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Darius in Gnisis for duties.
- Go west to Widow Vabdas's hut and talk to her.
- Enter the Gnisis Eggmine.
- Find the Ghost of Vabas's husband, and take Lugrub's Axe.
- Return to Darius in Gnisis and report your findings.
General Darius at the Madach Tradehouse in Gnisis will ask you to retrieve a land deed from the Widow Vabdas, whose husband died recently in the Gnisis Eggmine. The General wants Vabdas' land for a new dock and tells you not to take 'no' for an answer. Check around town to learn that the Widow Vabdas lives in a hut west of town. If you talk to her about the deed she will refuse to give it to you. Instead, she says that her husband was murdered by a legionnaire when he went to the closed mine and she wants you to find out what happened.
Head for the mine on the east side of town on the hill and speak to the guard Vatollia Apo. Since you're in the Legion he will give you a key to the mine without the need for a high disposition. Note that you must be wearing Imperial armor for this, otherwise talking to him just lowers his disposition by 5.
The first area of the mine doesn't have much to it, though you'll find an aggressive Orc (Lugrub gro-Ogdum) in the Lower area who will attack unless you leave the area quickly enough. Also in this area, you will see a Kwama Queen. Be careful not to kill her as she needs to be alive for Darius' next quest. Explore the lower mines until you find the ghost of Mansilamat Vabdas in the underground stream. It will tell you that Lugrub killed him to hide the fact that he was sleeping on the job when Vabdas entered. As evidence, he directs you to the broken axe (Lugrub's Axe) at the bottom of the pool nearby.
Return to Darius with the proof of the murder. Give him the axe and his disposition will increase by 3 and he will tell you to go and kill Lugrub. Do so and report back to Darius who will reward you with an Imperial Broadsword. If you talk to Darius about the deed afterwards, it will turn out that the Legion has started a donation fund for the widow, to which you can contribute if you want.
Alternatively, the investigation can be skipped by stealing the land deed, which is found in achest on your right as you enter Widow Vabdas' house. The Widow holds its key. If you present the stolen deed to Darius you still receive the sword and reputation award, but his disposition increase is only 10.
- Killing Lugrub before starting this mission does not have any negative consequences. After Darius orders you to kill Lugrub, simply mention "land deed" to him again and you will complete the mission and receive an Imperial Broadsword.
- Each time you mention the ghost to Darius, before mentioning the axe, his disposition will decrease by 2.
- Talking to Oritius Maro about the Talos Cult will start the Talos Cult Conspiracy quest prematurely. Since you're required to give proof in both instances, Darius keeps asking for proof of the cult's conspiracy against the Emperor, effectively keeping you from ever completing this quest.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project.
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: None||Up: Imperial Legion Quests||Next: Gnisis Eggmine|