Oblivion:The Sunken One (quest)
This article is about the quest. For the creature, see The Sunken One (creature).
- Search Shetcombe's abandoned farmhouse for a diary page.
- Explore the nearby Sandstone Cavern to find more entries of the diary.
- Find Slythe at the end of the cavern.
- Get the last diary entry.
- Either flee from the cavern or defeat the Sunken One. Collect the offering if you so choose.
Search the farmhouse, and in a bowl on the table you'll find the first page of a diary in which Slythe Seringi describes the burning of Kvatch. He believes it is because his god, the Sunken One, is angry at mankind. He decides to go on a pilgrimage to the Sandstone Cavern in order to make an offering.
Head into Sandstone Cavern and search for Slythe. Work your way to the end of the first cave to find the second page of Seringi's diary on top of a chest near the entrance. Things have not gone well for him, almost dying several times. Continue through the wooden gate and proceed to the end of the cave to find the lifeless body of Slythe Seringi. Search his body to find the third page of his diary and end the quest.
Feel free to take the offering which consists of some cheap gems and a small amount of gold. After you've found the third page of his diary, the Sunken One, a special leveled variety of Storm Atronach, appears. Flee or defeat the Sunken One to leave the cavern.
- The farmhouse has a bed where you can sleep. The containers in the house will occasionally reset and are not safe for personal storage.
- It is not necessary to collect the diary entries to complete this quest.
- If you leave the cave before completing the quest, the body may be gone. Type
moveto playerto spawn Slythe and get the last diary page from his corpse.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage SQ07 stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.