|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak with Balimund.
- Gather fire salts.
- Return to Balimund.
If you speak to Balimund at his forge in the center of Riften and ask him about how proud he is of his work, he will tell you that the forge is not as good as it used to be. It is supposed to run on fire salts, but they seem to be wearing off. He estimates that he needs ten fire salts to get the forge back to its original strength.
Details on where to find fire salts are provided on the ingredient page. Once you have ten salts, return to Balimund and receive a leveled amount of gold.
- You cannot give the salts to Balimund one at a time; you have to give all ten to him at once, or else the dialogue option will not appear.
- Completing this quest will allow you to begin the dialogue to marry Balimund.
- Even though Balimund says that "only genuine" fire salts will work, they are not like the bloodgrass for the Vampirism Cure Quest in Oblivion (e.g. where bloodgrass purchased in a shop doesn't count). Instead, fire salts from any combination of sources will work—from flame atronachs, purchased from merchants, stolen, and/or crafted at the Atronach Forge.
- Even though the in-game story is that the fire salts make the forge stronger, neither Balimund's merchant inventory nor the things you can craft at his forge receive any upgrade in quality after completing this quest.
|Stoking the Flames (FreeformRiften10)
Objective 10: Bring 10 fire salts to Balimund (<Global=FFR10SaltCount>/10) (re-displayed as each fire salt is acquired or removed)
||(Once all ten fire salts are acquired)
Objective 20: Return to Balimund
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 10, 250.