Skyrim talk:Balgruuf the Greater
 Where Does He Go After Being Replaced?
During the Stormcloak liberation of Whiterun the Jarl takes his household and leaves, does anyone know where he actually goes? Does he just disappear completely or hole up somewhere else in Skyrim? Haravikk 14:01, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- quite a few times i have seen a something about a dungeon in solitude mentioned. (Eddie The Head 14:19, 25 November 2011 (UTC))
- thanks, im gonna check that out next time im in solitude. (Eddie The Head 14:24, 25 November 2011 (UTC))
 Small Glitch
After the battle for Whiterun, Balgruuf invites me to make my home in Whiterun - despite the fact I've owned Breezehome for some months now. I think this is just a dialogue oversight, rather than anything sinister. Ninepaw 16:18, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
 Stormcloak replacement
What if you take whiterun in the name of Ulfric and depose Balgruuf before ever talking to him or initiating the quest which sends you to bleakfalls barrow? His dialog when he is being deposed wouldnt make sense. And would you be able to complete the main quest afterward, without his court mage or his guidance to meet the greybeards - or does the other guy do it? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 20:06 on 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- Is that possible? You need to talk to him before the battle when you offer Ulfrics axe. — Kimi the Elf (talk | contribs) 20:19, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- The Jarl of Whiterun refuses to go to war while there is still a dragon threat, i.e you have to kill the dragon and find out you are dragonborn before you can continue the civil war on either side. RIM 20:22, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
 Blue Palace glitch
I am trying to talk to him to start the daedric quest, but for some reason all of the ex jarls are attacking the stormcloak soldiers. any ideas on how to solve it? I recently killed the emporer, has this got anything to do with it?
- I'm not sure what the cause is but you could try to kill all the stormcloak guards in the palace which might stop them attacking. RIM 11:35, 4 April 2012 (UTC)