Skyrim talk:Delvin Mallory
- 1 unable to get jobs
- 2 Bugs
- 3 Both dark brotherhood and thieves guild bugged due to Devin
- 4 unable (to get Delvin to train)
- 5 "a timely offer"
- 6 Delvin Mallory Double Quest WTF
- 7 Special jobs finished
- 8 Can't start the special jobs. xbox
- 9 Delvin takes wrong item from inventory
- 10 Possible former Dark Brotherhood member?
unable to get jobs
for some reason I am unable to get extra jobs from him but I am able to get extra jobs from vex if anyone knows how to renable the speech option to get extra work from Devin please tell me I wanted to the bedlam job again --Jfmherokiller 23:19, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- I Have the same Problem, but I know what caused mine. Its probably the same Reason for you. When I had a bugged fishing job with delvin (He wanted me to get Nurelions flawless garnet, but nurelion was in "dying stage" and couldnt be pickpocketet) I used the setstage 200 code to end the quest. After that, he had no more jobs. If anyone knows how to bypass this, please help. older savegames are a no-go, since I hadnt hard saved the whole day. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 18:29 on 9 December 2011
- had this issue recently as well, above fixed it. --22.214.171.124 03:13, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
i used tgrnt to do a raven rock bedlam and devlin bugged out just used the setstage TGRShell 145 and it reset my quest in thieves guild and i can now get the jobs again 126.96.36.199 13:17, 12 September 2013 (GMT)
- Using the TGRShell command does indeed in a way "complete" the quest allowing you to take another but you receive no reward and your counter of completed quests for the thieves guild does not change. You could also try the setstage command with the actual quest stage involved to receive both your reward and credit towards the various trophies for number of jobs completed -
setstage TGRBE 50
setstage TGRDU 50
setstage TGRFO 50
setstage TGRGF 50
setstage TGRHC 50
setstage TGRNT 50
setstage TGRSL 50
This sets the quest at the stage requiring you to turn in the quest to Delvin/Vex. Setting it to complete and you having received the reward appears to bug Delvin and probably Vex as well into never giving you any more jobs. Vainamoinen -Talk -Stuff 23:05, 15 September 2013 (GMT)
upon looting falmer eyes, sometimes larceny quest won't start
I've re-loaded my save prior to the fight with Mercer several times but I could never get the larceny quest to update as it should. It automatically completed upon picking up the eye, so after getting back to the Guild I didn't get Delvin's dialogue option to turn it in. The only work-around I found to actually work was to console command the quest stage to 80 (setstage TGLarceny 80) and then manually add both eyes to my inventory (player.additem 1994F 1 & player.additem 1092B8 1), *without* first looting them from Mercer's body. This solution was suggested at the elderscrolls wikia but I can't seem to find the actual page atm to paste a link. ~wasienka
Both dark brotherhood and thieves guild bugged due to Devin
Delvin will no longer talk to me at all. Even though I have two quest lines (end of Dark Brotherhood, talk to Delvin) and a misc fishing job when I walk up to him he just says people are "starting to take notice" of the thieves guild etc. I'm on XBOX 360, so console codes are not an option. Any tips on how to fix this bug? Freshjuice 03:09, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
- Solution: if you have another active quest for the thieves guild from Delvin, he will not talk to you. Check your quest history to be absolutely sure there are no active city quests for rebuilding the guild. These may not necessarily have Delvin's name attached to them. — Unsigned comment by Freshjuice (talk • contribs) at 03:09 on 27 December 2011
- I also have this problem on the PC, I've checked all my quests and none of them are for the theives guild except the last bedlam job I took from Delvin. Unfortunately I can't finish that quest as all he says is "you're starting to make waves". Please help, this is the third time I've gone through this game trying to complete the theives guild quests! — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 15:48 on 9 July 2012
unable (to get Delvin to train)
i seem to be unable to get sneak training at all and i really need it to be lvl 100 but i cant see the sneak training option i need help 184.108.40.206 00:43, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
- Even the best trainer cannot train you past 91. See this page, Skyrim:Trainers, for trainers and their level-ranges. --Amsuko 02:39, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
"a timely offer"
Are the glass arrows mentioned on the note next to Vex's note actually available? I've searched but not found them.
- I doubt they're actually sitting around anywhere. Of course, if you're high enough level and have a few thieves guild vendors unlocked, you can buy some from the guild. Or maybe they had been put in the Guild Vault. --Theothersteve7 19:01, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
alright, i went threw some trouble in finding it, but i read that timely offer note a few days ago and didn't even bother in looking for it, instead i searched the internet for 20 or 30 minutes for you and found this: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Tuldinwae
this is a skyrim wiki, i thought if i looked at the page for the theif guild Tuldinwae, it would tell me whether or not the glass arrows really are under the docks and it says that: "Although she states there is a stash of glass arrows beneath the docks, no such stash can be found." i'm sure you've passed glass arrows by now, but i just thought you would like to know x3
Delvin Mallory Double Quest WTF
So my Thieves Guild side quest bugged up, and now I have two quests by Delvin. I've found out that by completing one, i can go up to Delvin and by taking another quest, then talking to him again to get the option to quit the quest, there's also the option to tell him you finished the other job. This can get quite annoying, so does anyone have any idea how to fix this? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 00:18 on 12 May 2012
- I personally have no experience with this so I think one of these will work. Try quitting both quests or completing both and just taking one more. If all else fails load to a spot before you recieved the quests and try doing it over. Otherwise I can't really help you. Celestial (talk) 22:46, 11 March 2013 (EDT)
Special jobs finished
After I did three of the special jobs (the one in each city) I found that even though I had already completed them, I could again click on "I've finished that special job in <city>" for all three cities, and he would thank me for a job well done. And it happened again after the fourth and final job, which then got funny since he would say "You're not going to hear me say this again, but you're the best damn thief here" four times... He even paid me for it, again! Has this happened to anyone else? — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 07:26 on 9 October 2012
- Yeah, this has happened to me too in the past, but it hasn't on my most recent save file. My guess is that it has something to do with a previous version of a patch, either the USKP or the official patch. When I started a new file with the (as of this post) current version of the USKP installed, it was fine. ThuumofReason (talk) 13:27, 12 September 2013 (GMT)
Can't start the special jobs. xbox
When I go to talk to Delvin I get no dialogue options. He just says how people are talking about the guild again and he has a special job for me. But I can't even bring up a talk menu. I go to vex and she says I should do that job delvin gave me first, yet he never gave it to me and it's not in my quest log. Tried re-loading and it doesn't work. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 16:57 on 17 December 2012
- I was having the same problem, turned out I already had started one of the special jobs. Check your current quest list against Delvins special quest list. Hope it helps! — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 04:55 on 2 July 2013
Delvin takes wrong item from inventory
I took a fishing job from Delvin and pickpocketed the Marks Gold Ring from the target. Came back to him and Delvin took my enchanted gold ring (47% pickpocket/47% sneak) instead of the Marks Gold Ring.
Repeated reloading showed that simply unequipping my ring caused Delvin to take the proper ring when submitting the quest.
Ivan 188.8.131.52 03:13, 21 March 2013 (GMT)
- I believe this bug is already known and documented on the quest page. The game treats player-enchanted items as though they were unenchanted, in the cleanup script to remove the item from your inventory. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 03:25, 21 March 2013 (GMT)
Possible former Dark Brotherhood member?
While on the hunt for Mercer, Delvin Mallory, when spoken to, makes the comment, "Stabbed in the back. It's like the Dark Brotherhood all over again." Is it possible that he is a former member? I'm sure no tags or the like can prove this in the game coding, but i really find it odd that he mentions the "Dark Brotherhood all over again" line in that sense. Could it also explain the "history" remark between Delvin and the Dark Brotherhood, as Astrid herself mentions? VycDarkshadow (talk) 02:07, 15 April 2013 (GMT)