Trainers can provide lessons that increase your skill level in their area of expertise—almost always in exchange for gold. You may train up to five times per level only, and trainers cannot raise skills past 90- you must earn the last ten points yourself.
|Arcadia||In her Whiterun store Arcadia's Cauldron||Merchant (Apothecary)|
|Babette||The Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary; you must join the Dark Brotherhood to use her services||Merchant (Apothecary)|
|Dravynea the Stoneweaver||Kynesgrove|
|Tolfdir||College of Winterhold||Spell Merchant (Alteration)|
|Aela the Huntress||Inside Jorrvaskr in Whiterun||Follower|
|Sorine Jurard(DG)||Fort Dawnguard; you must have the Dawnguard plug-in for her to be available|
|Njada Stonearm||Inside Jorrvaskr in Whiterun||Follower|
|Chief Larak||Mor Khazgur|
|Phinis Gestor||Inside the College of Winterhold||Spell Merchant (Conjuration)|
|Falion||Morthal, inside his house||Spell Merchant (General)|
|Wuunferth the Unliving||Windhelm, Palace of the Kings Upstairs||Spell Merchant (General)|
|Sybille Stentor||Solitude, Blue Palace, near the throne||Spell Merchant (General)|
|Faralda||Gate of the College of Winterhold or the Hall of Countenance||Spell Merchant (Destruction)|
|Sergius Turrianus||College of Winterhold, within the Hall of the Elements or the Hall of Countenance|
|Hamal||Markarth, usually found in the Temple of Dibella|
|Heavy Armor Training|
|Farkas||Inside Jorrvaskr in Whiterun; you must be on or past the mission where he becomes your Shield-Brother||Follower|
|Isran(DG)||Inside Fort Dawnguard; you must have the Dawnguard plug-in for him to be available|
|Drevis Neloren||College of Winterhold, within the Hall of Countenance||Spell Merchant (Illusion)|
|Light Armor Training|
|Scouts-Many-Marshes||The docks outside of Windhelm|
|Grelka||Riften Market from 8am to 8pm, stays at Haelga's Bunkhouse at night||Merchant (General)|
|Nazir||The Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary|
|Ma'jhad||Ma'dran's Khajiit caravan—travels between Solitude and Windhelm||Merchant (Fence)|
|Amren||Wanders inner Whiterun during the day, near the market at 6pm|
|Athis||Trains at Jorrvaskr in Whiterun during the day, stays in the Jorrvaskr living quarters in the evening; you must be a member of the Companions to receive training from him||Follower|
|Silda the Unseen||Windhelm, outside of Candlehearth Hall or Blacksmith Quarters||Beggar (Blessing of Charity)|
|Vipir the Fleet||Thieves Guild|
|Colette Marence||College of Winterhold, inside The Arcanaeum||Spell Merchant (Restoration)|
|Keeper Carcette||The Hall of the Vigilant within The Pale|
|Danica Pure-Spring||Whiterun, Temple of Kynareth; you must complete The Blessings of Nature to use her services|
|Florentius Baenius(DG)||Fort Dawnguard; you must have the Dawnguard plug-in, and recruit him for him to be available||Merchant (Apothecary)|
|Balimund||Riften, just outside The Scorched Hammer||Merchant (Blacksmith)|
|Eorlund Gray-Mane||Whiterun, at the Skyforge; you may have to join the Companions to use his services||Merchant (Blacksmith)|
|Gunmar(DG)||Fort Dawnguard; you must have the Dawnguard plug-in, and recruit him for him to be available||Merchant (Blacksmith)|
|Khayla||Ri'saad's Khajiit caravan—travels between Markarth and Whiterun|
|Delvin Mallory||Thieves Guild|
|Dro'marash||Ahkari's Khajiit caravan—travels between Dawnstar and Riften|
|Revyn Sadri||Windhelm, Sadri's Used Wares||Merchant (General)|
|Ronthil(DG)||Volkihar Keep; you must have the Dawnguard plug-in for him to be available||Merchant|
|Ogmund the Skald||Markarth|
|Giraud Gemane||The Bards College in Solitude|
|Fura Bloodmouth (DG)||Inside Volkihar Keep at Castle Volkihar; you must have the Dawnguard plug-in for her to be available|
|Vilkas||Inside Jorrvaskr in Whiterun||Follower|
- Angi will offer you free practice at her home. You can increase your Archery skill by up to six levels if you accept.
- The list of trainers in the Official Game Guide incorrectly identifies several people as trainers: Ahkari (Pickpocket), Hermir Strong-Heart (Heavy Armor), and Melaran (Alteration) do not provide training.
- The cost for having a skill trained is calculated using the below formulas. price adjustment effects, such as speechcraft level, persuasion level, and enhancements such as Fortify Persuasion and Fortify Barter, do not affect trainers' rates.
- For advancement of skills smaller than or equal to 50:
- n(10b + 5n + 45)
- For advancement of skills greater than 50:
- n(30b + 15n + 35)
- For advancement of skills greater than 75:
- n(50b + 25n + 25)
- Where n is the number of times you wish to train and b is the current level of the skill. E.g.: If you wish to train a particular skill from level 20 to 50 (b = 20 and n = 50-20 = 30) the combined cost (250+260+270+...+540) would be 30(10*20 + 5*30 + 45) = 11850.
- For advancement of skills smaller than or equal to 50:
- Training benefits from Sleeping and Standing Stone bonuses, though the XP so acquired will never result in advancing more than one level.
- If you are ready to level up, but do not do so, the "Times Trained This Level" stat, accessible through the Journal, will not reset.
- Trainers that double as followers can train you for "free". They will still charge you, but you can get back the gold you spent by checking their inventory.
- This exploit is no longer possible as of version 1.2.6 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Trainers who are also merchants add the gold you pay them for training to the gold they use to barter with.
- Some trainers will continue to offer the dialogue option to train even if you've passed the skill level at which they can train you. Choosing this dialogue option in this circumstance will cause them to say things such as "You already know all that I know."
- If you have an active Fortify Skill effect, the cost of training will appear to be for the increased skill. However, the trainer will only take the price for training at your actual skill level.
- If a skill has some progress toward its next level, the training progress bar will fill and then empty. However, checking the Skills menu shows the initial progress was not lost.
- If a skill is at 0% progress to its next level before you start training it, a purchased level may fail to actually increase the skill even though you paid for it and it used up one of your five training opportunities.