|Jarl's Residence||The White Hall|
|Military Fort||Fort Dunstad|
The Pale is a hold in northern Skyrim, with its capital in Dawnstar. It is initially affiliated with the Stormcloaks, but can be captured by the Imperial Legion after completing A False Front and The Battle for Fort Dunstad.
- All locations in the Pale with individual map markers are listed. There are a few places without map markers listed for their significance.
- Dawnstar — A city on the northern coast of Skyrim, and the capital of the Pale.
 Farms, Towns, and Settlements including Orc Strongholds and Inns
- Anga's Mill — A small wood mill built along the north bank of the River Yorgrim, west of Windhelm. It consists of two houses and a sawmill.
- Dawnstar Sanctuary — One of two Dark Brotherhood headquarters located in Skyrim.
- Hall of the Vigilant — A secluded lodge south-southwest of Dawnstar, home to the Vigilants of Stendarr.
- Heljarchen HallHF — A piece of property in the Pale, north of Loreius Farm and south of Fort Dunstad.
- Loreius Farm — A small farm in the Pale, north of Whitewatch Tower. Vantus Loreius and his wife, Curwe, live here.
- Nightgate Inn — An inn in a remote region of the Pale.
- The Stumbling Sabrecat — A tavern located within Fort Dunstad.
 Camps, including Giant Camps and Military Camps
- Blizzard Rest — A giant camp approximately halfway between Dawnstar and Whiterun.
- Pale Imperial Camp — An Imperial camp west of Dawnstar.
- Pale Stormcloak Camp — A Stormcloak camp located in the Pale, west along River Yorgrim, southeast of Bronze Water Cave.
- Red Road Pass — A giant camp south-southwest of Dawnstar, inhabited by one giant and one mammoth.
- Stonehill Bluff — A giant camp located northwest of Loreius Farm and southeast of Stonehills.
- Tumble Arch Pass — A giant camp located north-northeast of Whiterun and directly west of Windhelm.
- Bronze Water Cave — A one-room ice cavern west of Windhelm on the northern shore of Lake Yorgrim.
- Dimhollow CryptDG — A large cave southwest of Dawnstar where Serana is trapped.
- Duskglow Crevice — A small cave east of Fort Dunstad, occupied mainly by Falmer.
- Forsaken Cave — A cave located west of Windhelm.
- Shearpoint — A word wall located on a small peak to the north of High Hrothgar, in between Fellglow Keep and Irkngthand.
- Blackreach — An immense, naturally lit cavern inhabited by hordes of Falmer and containing the ruins of a Dwemer city.
- Frostmere Crypt — A Nordic ruin south-southwest of Dawnstar and just northeast of the Lord Stone.
- High Gate Ruins — A medium-sized Nordic ruin directly west of Dawnstar, and a short distance east of the Wreck of the Icerunner.
- Hillgrund's Tomb — A small Nordic barrow where the Hillgrund family dead are interred.
- Irkngthand — A large Dwemer ruin located far to the west of Windhelm and south of Lake Yorgrim.
- Korvanjund — A Nordic ruin located northeast of Whiterun.
- Raldbthar — A Dwarven ruin located in the mountains west-southwest of Windhelm, between Lake Yorgrim and the White River.
- Silverdrift Lair — A medium-sized Nordic ruin located east-southeast of Fort Dunstad and northwest of Nightgate Inn.
- Tower of Mzark — An abandoned Dwarven tower located in Blackreach.
- Volunruud — A tomb containing a word wall for the Aura Whisper shout, as well as the treasure and dead body of the Tongue Chieftain Kvenel.
- Windward Ruins — A Nordic ruin southwest of Dawnstar, inhabited by skeevers.
- Yorgrim Overlook — A small, one-room Nordic ruin on the southern slope of the mountain range directly south of Winterhold.
- Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon — The shrine to the Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon, and is located in the mountains to the south of the Pale.
- Fort Dunstad — A medium-sized fort occupied by bandits, located south of Dawnstar.
- Nightcaller Temple — A ruin located on the clifftop overlooking Dawnstar.
 Landmarks, including Bodies of Water, Clearings, Ships and Shipwrecks
- Great Lift at Raldbthar — A Dwarven lift to Blackreach located west-southwest of Anga's Mill, in the mountains.
- Lake Yorgrim — A lake in the eastern part of the Pale.
- River Yorgrim — A river flowing from Lake Yorgrim to Windhelm.
- Sea of Ghosts — A vast ocean along the northern coast of Skyrim.
- The Sea Squall — A ship docked in Dawnstar.
- Shrouded Grove — A grove with a small cave located in the Pale.
- Weynon Stones — A landmark located between Korvanjund and Fort Dunstad, just south of the path.
- Wreck Of The Brinehammer — A grounded ship located northwest of Dawnstar, along the shores of the Sea of Ghosts.
- There is one Dragon Mound in the Pale.
- East of the Pale Imperial Camp.
- There is one Shrine in the Pale.
 The Pale Quests
Quests that are started in or related to the Pale.
- Elder Knowledge: Recover an Elder Scroll to learn an Ancient Secret.
- Alduin's Bane: Exploit the Time-Wound to learn Dragonrend and defeat Alduin at the Throat of the World.
 Imperial Legion Civil War Quests
- Reunification of Skyrim: Reunite Skyrim under the leadership of the Empire. (radiant)
- A False Front: Find and deliver some forged documents to the Stormcloaks.
- The Battle for Fort Dunstad: Regain the Pale for the Imperials. (radiant)
- The Jagged Crown: Find the Jagged Crown for the Imperials.
 Stormcloaks Civil War Quests
- Waking Nightmare: Relieve the people of Dawnstar from Vaermina's curse.
- Pieces of the Past: Retrieve the scattered pieces of Mehrunes' Razor and reforge this deadly blade.
- Discerning the Transmundane: Uncover the secrets of the mysterious Dwemer lockbox.
- Kill Beitild: Resolve a feud in Dawnstar.
- The Cure for Madness: Confront the traitor among the Dark Brotherhood.
- Where You Hang Your Enemy's Head...: Restore the Dark Brotherhood's sanctuary.
- The Dark Brotherhood Forever: Yet another child has prayed to their mother.
- Hail Sithis!: One of the biggest contracts in Brotherhood history is yours to fulfill.
- The Silence Has Been Broken: Meet Amaund Motierre inside Volunruud and learn who he wants assassinated.
- Delayed Burial: Convince an unwilling farmer to help fix a stranded jester's broken wagon wheel.
- Recipe for Disaster: Assume the identity of the famous Gourmet in an effort to assassinate the Emperor.
 Side Quests
- Rise in the East: Help the East Empire Company take care of some pirates.
- A Scroll For Anska: Help Anska trace her roots in High Gate Ruins.
- Kyne's Sacred Trials: Participate in Kyne's Sacred Trials by hunting the guardian beasts of Skyrim.
- The Pale Lady: Find out what happened in Frostmere Crypt.
- Repairing the Phial: Acquire the materials necessary to repair the White Phial.
- The White Phial: Retrieve a legendary artifact to fulfill an old alchemist's wish in Windhelm.