|Jarl's Residence||Mistveil Keep|
|Military Fort||Fort Greenwall|
|Southeast part of Skyrim|
The Rift is a hold in southeast Skyrim, with its capital in Riften. It is initially affiliated with the Stormcloaks, but can be captured by the Imperials after completing Compelling Tribute and The Battle for Fort Greenwall. It can also change sides as part of negotiations during Season Unending.
The Rift is the southernmost of Skyrim's holds, sitting on a massive plateau in the southeastern corner of the province. The Rift borders both Morrowind and Cyrodiil, and is separated from the rest of Skyrim by steep cliffs and mountains, including the legendary Throat of the World. It holds two large lakes as well as autumnal deciduous forests.
- All locations in the Hold with individual map markers are listed. There are a few places without map markers listed for their significance.
- Riften — A major city located in the southeastern corner of the Rift.
- Mistveil Keep — A castle located at the southern end of Riften.
- Thieves Guild — The Riften headquarters of the Thieves Guild faction.
- Riften Stables — A stable outside of Riften.
 Farms, Towns, and Settlements including Orc Strongholds and Inns
- Alchemist's Shack — A small wooden shack located between Haemar's Shame and Ivarstead.
- Black-Briar Lodge — A huge remote building east of Riften.
- Froki's Shack — An isolated hunter's shack nestled in the southern mountains of the Rift.
- Goldenglow Estate — A honey farm on a group of islands directly west of Riften.
- Heartwood Mill — A struggling lumber mill on the shores of Lake Honrich.
- Ivarstead — A small milling town located at the base of the Throat of the World.
- Largashbur — An accursed Orc stronghold in the Rift beset by giants.
- Merryfair Farm — A small farm west of Riften, owned by Dravin Llanith.
- Sarethi Farm — A farm between Riften and Ivarstead that has learned to cultivate nirnroot.
- Shor's Stone — A small mining village that operates the Redbelly Mine.
- Snow-Shod Farm — A small farm south of Riften.
 Camps, including Giant Camps and Military Camps
- Last VigilDB — A small outcropping in the Velothi Mountains northeast of Fort Greenwall.
- Rift Imperial Camp — A small Imperial camp in the Rift, located south of Ivarstead.
- Rift Stormcloak Camp — A Stormcloak camp in the Rift, located just northeast of Sarethi Farm and south of Darkwater Crossing.
- Boulderfall Cave — A small cave northwest of Riften and west of Shor's Stone inhabited by leveled necromancers.
- Broken Helm Hollow — A small bandit camp in the southeast corner of The Rift.
- Clearspring Cave — A small earthen cave overlooking Eastmarch and occupied by a troll.
- Crystaldrift Cave — A small cave that serves as the resting place for a follower of Kynareth.
- Darkwater Pass — A cave near Darkwater Crossing containing Falmer.
- Fallowstone Cave — A spacious cave leading to the Giant's Grove, located in the Velothi Mountains northeast of Riften.
- Honeystrand Cave — A small bear cave named for several nearby beehives.
- Nightingale Hall — The home of the Nightingales.
- Pinepeak Cavern — A small bear cave located along the Treva River.
- Redwater DenDG — A drug den supplying Redwater skooma, located west of Autumnshade Clearing.
- Tolvald's Cave — A large cave in the Velothi Mountains, located northeast of Shor's Stone and south-southeast of Ansilvund.
- Autumnwatch Tower — A pair of abandoned towers located south of Ivarstead.
- Lost Tongue Overlook — A dragon lair on the Jerall Mountains south of Riften.
- Northwind Summit — A mountain on the border between Eastmarch and the Rift.
- Lost Prospect Mine — An abandoned gold mine found between Fallowstone Cave and Black-Briar Lodge.
- Northwind Mine — A small iron mine on the northern side of Northwind Summit.
- Avanchnzel — A large Dwarven ruin filled with Dwarven automatons of all types.
- Arcwind Point — A ruined Nordic structure located at the southern edge of Skyrim, south of Ivarstead.
- Forelhost — A ruined fortress on a peak southeast of Riften which contains a word wall for the Storm Call shout.
- Geirmund's Hall — A small crypt east of Ivarstead containing draugr.
- Shroud Hearth Barrow — An ancient Nordic ruin located just northeast of Ivarstead.
- Darklight Tower — A tower southwest of Riften that is nested by hagravens and their ilk.
- Faldar's Tooth — An old ruined fort located west of Riften and north of the Goldenglow Estate on the northern bank of the lake which neighbors the city.
- Fort DawnguardDG — A large fort southeast of Riften which serves as the Dawnguard's base of operations.
- Fort Greenwall — A Stormcloak fort situated south-southeast of Shor's Stone.
- Nilheim — A tower east-northeast of Ivarstead containing disguised bandits.
- Rift Watchtower — A small tower in the northern Rift occupied by Orc bandits.
- Shor's Watchtower — A watchtower that overlooks Shor's Stone in the Eastmarch-the Rift pass.
- Stendarr's Beacon — A watchtower for the Vigilants of Stendarr, south of Black-Briar Lodge.
- Treva's Watch — A fort situated to the southeast of Ivarstead and to the west of Riften.
 Landmarks, including Bodies of Water, Clearings, Ships and Shipwrecks
- Autumnshade Clearing — A circular glade inhabited by a spriggan and its attending animals, located north of Goldenglow Estate and southwest of Shor's Stone.
- Clearspring Tarn — A small mountain pool on the cliff overlooking Eastmarch.
- Darkwater River — A river connecting Lake Geir to the White River.
- Giant's Grove — The home of a giant tribe that has defiled a shrine of Malacath.
- Lake Geir — A lake in the western Rift.
- Lake Honrich — A lake in the eastern Rift, immediately southwest of Riften.
- Ruins of Bthalft — Dwemer ruins located south of Ivarstead.
- Ruins of Rkund — A remote Dwarven ruin high in the southern mountains of the Rift.
- Treva River — A river in the center of the Rift.
- Velothi Mountains — A mountain range that stretches along the eastern border of Skyrim.
- There are three Dragon Mounds in the Rift.
- There are two Shrines in The Rift.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|