Entering Fallowstone Cave
Fallowstone Cave is a spacious cave leading to the Giant's Grove, located in the Velothi Mountains northeast of Riften.
The cave has one interior zone: Fallowstone Cave. Trolls and cave bears typically inhabit it in large numbers.
 Related Quests
Some radiant quests have a sizeable list of possible locations. These quests are not placed on individual place pages, and are instead listed at radiant quest locations
 Zone 1: Fallowstone Cave
When you first enter the cave a large stream will be running towards a very long waterfall. Beyond the stream is an open area with two mammoth ribcages and a number of creatures. A series of small ledges lead safely down.
At the bottom of the waterfall, the stream leads past a raised segment of land with a tree growing through it. This area can be potentially dangerous as the creatures at the bottom will often link with the creatures in surrounding rooms creating a deadly mass of bears or trolls. The stream will lead into a small partially flooded cave before running underneath the cave wall. At that dead-end is a small path up to a feeding chamber with large amounts of bone and viscera present. The exit to the Giant's Grove is out of that room and a path in the back of the room leads up to a ledge overlooking the cavern entrance and a locked chest. Note that this exit will be blocked until the quest The Cursed Tribe is active.
- Once you begin the quest The Cursed Tribe, giants will move into the cave and add many of their typical markings (painted rocks, bonfires, etc) to the cave and its entrance.
- At the lowest level of the main cave, there are two silver ore veins, west of the mammoth ribcages. A third silver ore vein is located outside, 320 ft northwest of the cave entrance, at the foot of the mountains.
- An iron ore vein can also be found on the lowest level of the main cave, along the wall just east of where the stream flows out of the main cave.
- Two orichalcum ore veins are located outside the cave. One is northwest at the foot of the mountains and the other is near the silver ore vein mentioned above.
- You may notice a chest across the chasm on the upper level, just before you begin your descent. Don't waste time trying Whirlwind Spirit to reach it. Once you have cleared the cave you can continue along a path back towards the entrance that will take you directly to the chest.