Skyrim:A New Order
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak with Isran.
- Find Gunmar and help him defeat the bear.
- Find Sorine Jurard and get her to come to Fort Dawnguard.
- Return to Fort Dawnguard and listen to Isran's speech.
 Detailed Walkthrough
After talking to Isran about Serana and the Elder Scroll, he will immediately charge you with finding Gunmar and Sorine Jurard and bringing them back to Fort Dawnguard. The two can be retrieved in any order.
 Gunmar and the Bear
When you find Gunmar he initially rants about a dangerous bear that he is chasing. Talking to him reveals that Isran had rejected any help from anyone else in the past. Though convinced to return, he says that the bear has to be defeated first. Entering the cave reveals the bear he speaks of. Once you kill the bear, speak to Gunmar and he will head to Fort Dawnguard.
Possible locations: Bonechill Passage, Bronze Water Cave, Brood Cavern, Clearspring Tarn, Cronvangr Hall, Crystaldrift Cave, Fallowstone Cave, Honeystrand Grove, Horker IslandDB, Northshore LandingDB, Pinepeak Cavern, White Ridge BarrowDB
 Sorine Jurard and Dwemer Gyros
When you find Sorine Jurard she is reluctant to return to Isran because of his complete dismissal of her theories. Sorine will be found in the Reach. Though surprised by the usage of an Elder Scroll by the vampires, she refuses to help Isran until she has at least one Dwemer Gyro. If your Speech skill level is high enough, you can convince her to forget about the Dwemer Gyro; if it is not, then you must bring her one or find her satchel (near the river) before she will go to Fort Dawnguard.
 Isran's Speech
When you return to Fort Dawnguard, Isran will shine a focused beam of sunlight on Sorine and Gunmar, to verify that they are not vampires. If you are a vampire he will send you to Morthal to meet Falion to cure your vampirism. After a long speech about the threat they face, he tells you to follow him to a vampire who asked for you. This will immediately begin the Dawnguard side of the Prophet quest.
- If there is no quest marker for Gunmar and Dragonborn is installed, the radiant location might be in Solstheim. If so, traveling to Solstheim will result in the marker appearing normally at that location if the quest is active.
- You may randomly encounter a vampire assassin at any point after completing this quest.
- If you clear the bear den before talking to Gunmar, he will just stand there telling you to slay the (dead) bear.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1.1 of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
- Upon entering the fort, Gunmar and/or Sorine may end up behind the instantly-closing gate, making it impossible to continue the quest.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10, 40, 50, 60, 255.
|Prev: Bloodline||Up: Dawnguard||Next: Prophet|
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|