Skyrim:Volkihar Vampire Clan
The Volkihar Vampire Clan are the group of vampires led by Lord Harkon, introduced in the Dawnguard plug-in. They are renown as the most powerful court of vampires in Skyrim who inhabit within Volkihar Keep, an ancient castle situated on a remote island off the coast of Haafingar. The court themselves are among the most ancient and more pure-blooded vampires in Skyrim. In the Dawnguard plug-in, you can choose to join the clan to fight against the tyranny of the sun, or choose to join the Dawnguard in an effort to destroy them.
Joining the Volkihar vampire clan requires you to first complete the quest Awakening. After completing the quest, Bloodline will begin. After escorting Serana to Volkihar Keep, Lord Harkon will offer you membership within the Volkihar Vampire Clan and the ability to become a Vampire Lord. This is your only opportunity to join the ranks of the clan itself. Upon accepting Harkon's gift, the Volkihar quest The Bloodstone Chalice will begin.
- Free access into Volkihar Keep, which holds several wardrobes and bookcases that are safe containers for storage.
- The ability to transform into a Vampire Lord upon immediate membership.
- The Bloodstone Chalice, which can augment your vampiric powers.
- Access to Fura Bloodmouth, the Master Trainer for Two-handed, and Ronthil, the Expert Trainer for Speech.
- Access to several additional merchants; Feran Sadri, Hestla, and Ronthil.
 Primary Quests
The primary Volkihar quest line consists of ten quests. Two achievements (60 points; 1 Bronze, 1 Silver) are unlocked by the Volkihar quest line.
- Bloodline: Choose your side!
- The Bloodstone Chalice: Fill the Bloodstone Chalice from the Bloodspring at Redwater Den.
- Prophet: The time of prophecy has arrived! Locate a Moth Priest for the vampires.
- Chasing Echoes: Explore Castle Volkihar.
- Scroll Scouting: Obtain all three Elder Scrolls for Dexion Evicus.
- Seeking Disclosure: Bring the Elder Scrolls to Dexion.
- Beyond Death: Search for Valerica in the Soul Cairn. ( 20 pts/Bronze)
- Unseen Visions: Perform a ceremony to read the Elder Scroll.
- Touching the Sky: Find and retrieve Auriel's Bow.
- Kindred Judgement: Confront Lord Harkon. ( 40 pts/Silver)
- Amulets of Night Power: Retrieve the Amulets of Night Power. (radiant)
- Ancient Power: Retrieve vampire parts from varied locations around Skyrim. (radiant)
- Culling the Beast: Kill the thin-blooded vampires. (radiant)
- Deceiving the Herd: Frame the Dawnguard for murder. (radiant)
- The Hunt: Kill the Dawnguard spy. (radiant)
- New Allegiances: Turn the target into a vampire. (radiant)
- Protecting the Bloodline: Destroy a vampire before it turns its allies. (radiant)
- Rings of Blood Magic: Retrieve the Ring of the Erudite and the Ring of The Beast. (radiant)
 Other Quests
- Destroying the Dawnguard: Kill the Dawnguard leaders. (This quest activates if you successfully completed Kindred Judgement and several radiant quests.)
- The Gift: Turn your spouse into a creature of the night.
- After joining the Volkihar vampire clan, if you decide to become mortal again by talking to Falion, upon returning to Castle Volkihar, you will be told that your mortality should be "fixed" and that you should speak to Lord Harkon (or Serana if you have completed the Dawnguard quest line), who will reprimand you for losing his gift and then bite you again, turning you back into a vampire.
 See Also
For more information on the Volkihar Vampire Clan in the Elder Scrolls universe, see the lore article.
- Immortal Blood by Anonymous — Dialogues about fighting with vampires
- Valerica's Journal by Valerica — Valerica's notes on attuning the portal vessel to the Soul Cairn.
Volkihar Keep, home to the Volkihar vampire clan.