|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Find the Dragon Elder Scroll.
- Find the Blood Elder Scroll.
- Bring the Elder Scrolls to Dexion Evicus.
 Detailed Walkthrough
To obtain the Dragon scroll you will need to take the scroll from the Tower of Mzark within Blackreach, only accessible by beginning the quest Discerning the Transmundane. If you have already completed that quest and obtained the scroll, then you have saved yourself some work as you will only have to find the Blood scroll. If you have sold the scroll to Urag gro-Shub at the College of Winterhold, you can buy it back from him for 4,000 gold. If you are the Arch-Mage, you can persuade him to sell it for 2,000 gold.
Once you have the two Elder Scrolls, return to Dexion to find that, because he did not prepare himself earlier, he has gone blind and will not be able to aid you further. He will, however, give you the means to read an Elder Scroll yourself.
- This quest appears in your journal simply as a reminder of which Elder Scrolls you have obtained; it is not a typical quest.
- If you joined the Volkihar side, when you return to Volkihar Keep, Dexion may be shackled to the wall, presumably because he is no longer of any use to Lord Harkon.
- If you fail to pick up the Dragon Elder Scroll in the Tower of Mzark before completing the quest Discerning the Transmundane, when you try to pick up the scroll, it may disappear and not show up in your inventory, hence preventing you from advancing the quest.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 1, 20, 25, 30.
|Prev: Prophet (Vampire) or
|Up: Dawnguard or
Volkihar Vampire Clan
|Next: Unseen Visions|
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|