|Jarl's Residence||Highmoon Hall|
|Military Fort||Fort Snowhawk|
|Jarl||Sorli the Builder|
|Steward||None, due to a bug|
Hjaalmarch is a hold in northern Skyrim, with its capital in Morthal. It is initially affiliated with the Imperial Legion, but can be captured by the Stormcloaks after completing A False Front and The Battle for Fort Snowhawk.
- All locations in Hjaalmarch with individual map markers are listed. There are a few places without map markers listed for their significance.
- Morthal — A city located in Hjaalmarch.
 Farms, Towns, and Settlements including Orc Strongholds and Inns
- Abandoned Shack — An isolated house in Hjaalmarch, east of Solitude.
- Crabber's Shanty — A small shack, home to a lone fisherman on the River Hjaal.
- Meeko's Shack — A run-down shack owned by the canine follower Meeko, who has inherited the home from his unfortunate owner.
- Stonehills — A small iron mining settlement, directly east of Morthal, based outside of Rockwallow Mine.
- Windstad ManorHF — A piece of property in Hjaalmarch, north of Ustengrav and east of the Abandoned Shack.
 Camps, including Giant Camps and Military Camps
- Hjaalmarch Imperial Camp — An Imperial camp in Hjaalmarch, located south of Ustengrav.
- Hjaalmarch Stormcloak Camp — A Stormcloak camp located east of Ustengrav and west of Mzinchaleft, approximately midway between the two.
- Robber's Gorge — A bandit camp spanning the road from Rorikstead to Dragon Bridge.
- Talking Stone Camp — A giant camp along the River Hjaal.
- Brood Cavern — A small natural cavern located high in the mountains southwest of Morthal.
- Chillwind Depths — A mountain cavern on the border of Hjaalmarch and The Reach.
- Movarth's Lair — A small cave north of Morthal inhabited by vampires.
- Orotheim — A small cave that is home to bandits intent on poaching mammoths.
- Eldersblood Peak — A word wall that teaches part of the Disarm shout, located in the mountains south of Morthal.
- Skyborn Altar — A mountaintop dragon lair located in the mountains east-southeast of Morthal.
- Dead Men's Respite — A Nordic barrow southwest of Morthal containing draugr and frostbite spiders.
- Folgunthur — A medium-sized Nordic ruin located southeast of Solitude.
- Kjenstag Ruins — An outdoor ruin northeast of Morthal.
- Labyrinthian — A sprawling Nordic ruin in Hjaalmarch, containing the entrances to several indoor dungeon areas.
- Lost Valkygg — A Nordic ruin, the entrance of which is in the exterior of Labyrinthian.
- Mzinchaleft — A large Dwarven ruin located southwest of Dawnstar.
- Ustengrav — A Nordic ruin northeast of Morthal containing bandits and draugr.
- Bromjunaar Sanctuary — A hidden location that can be reached by equipping the wooden mask.
- Fort Snowhawk — A military fort located just west of Morthal.
- The Apprentice Stone — One of the thirteen Standing Stones scattered across Skyrim.
- The Lord Stone — One of the thirteen Standing Stones scattered across Skyrim.
 Landmarks, including Bodies of Water, Clearings, Ships and Shipwrecks
- Great Lift at Mzinchaleft — A Dwarven lift to Blackreach located south of the Mzinchaleft ruins.
- River Hjaal — The main river that flows through the center of Hjaalmarch.
- Wreck of the Icerunner — An Imperial ship which will run aground east of Solitude and north of the Abandoned Shack.
- There are three Dragon Mounds in Hjaalmarch.
 Hjaalmarch Quests
Quests that start in or are related to the Hjaalmarch Hold:
 Stormcloaks Civil War Quests
- Liberation of Skyrim: Drive the Imperials from Skyrim. (radiant)
- A False Front: Find and deliver some forged documents to the Imperials.
- The Battle for Fort Snowhawk: Take Fort Snowhawk for the Stormcloaks. (radiant)
- Kill Lurbuk: Silence a terrible bard, permanently.
- With Friends Like These...: Repay your debt to the Family, and show you are willing to kill on command.
- Kill Maluril: Kill Maluril in Mzinchaleft.
- Tending the Flames: Unveil the truth about a deceitful King and become a member of the Bards College.
 Side Quests
- Laid to Rest: Investigate a tragic house fire, and discover an insidious plot against the town.
- Rising at Dawn: Track down Falion to rid yourself of vampirism.
- Forbidden Legend: Investigate the forgotten Gauldur Legend.