|# of Zones||2|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|West of Morthal|
|# of Alchemy Labs||1|
|# of Arcane Enchanters||2|
|# of Grindstones||1|
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
This imposing keep serves as a point of contention between the Stormcloaks and the Imperial Legion during the Civil War. Until then, it’s populated by a band of necromancers. You can tackle this eroding stronghold in a number of ways—storm the front gate, slip in through the hole in the southeast wall, or leap over any of the crumbling battlements.
 Related Quests
- The Battle for Fort Snowhawk: Take Fort Snowhawk for the Imperials. (radiant)
- The Battle for Fort Snowhawk: Take Fort Snowhawk for the Stormcloaks. (radiant)
 Exterior: Courtyard
A host of necromancers and their skeletal minions defend the fort's outer grounds. Scale the ramparts and clear out every foe to gain plenty of loot from their corpses. There's little else of value besides loose gear. There is an expert-level chest on the upper rampart behind the broken walls in the rear of the fort but be warned, it's a bit tricky getting back out. You'll need to jump on the chest then jump out or fast travel if no enemies are around.
 Zone 1: Fort Snowhawk
Enter the fort's central keep by any of three doors. The ground-level door to the south is the easiest to locate. Go upstairs to locate a few potions, then head downstairs to find more, along with a locked chest. Push the button on the wall near the closed gate to continue. Work your way through the sleeping quarters to reach the library, where you can find several crafting stations—an alchemy lab, an arcane enchanter, and a grindstone—as well as a copy of the Block skill book A Dance in Fire, v2 and a key that unlocks the keep's central chamber. Within, deal with the leader of the necromancers, then claim the chest in his chamber and a locked chest in the nearby bedroom. A copy of Spell Tome: Candlelight can also be found in the area.
 Zone 2: Fort Snowhawk Prison
Fight your way across the battlements to reach the entrance to the prison tower in the keep's northern courtyard. The prison is a small area with few guards. Find a chest in the nook just beyond the main entry staircase and another in one of the holding cells. A passage in the back of another cell leads to a secret exit, but beware the bear traps as you jump down.
- It is very possible for the necromancers to exit an area as you're entering it or to flee from battle (via a loading screen door). In some cases, one leaves but when you follow there will be more than one.
- The main tower has three entrances. The top door contains two skeletons, the middle door (front entrance) contains a magic trap and a necromancer, and the lowest door (across from prison door) contains a necromancer and a skeleton.
- There is a ladder near the top entrance that goes to the top of the tower but there's nothing there except the view.
- Snowhawk appeared as a settlement in Arena, and was mentioned in Oblivion. For historical information, see the lore article.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|