Skyrim:A False Front (Stormcloaks)
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Get your orders from Galmar.
- Locate the courier at Four Shields Tavern or Frostfruit Inn.
- Retrieve Imperial documents from him.
- Return them to Galmar Stone-Fist.
- Take the forged documents to Legate Taurinus Duilis in Morthal.
- Return to Galmar Stone-Fist.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Acquiring the documents
Galmar Stone-Fist will tell you that you need to deliver false orders to an Imperial Legate in Morthal but first you intercept and steal plans from an Imperial courier. He tells you that Dragon Bridge and Rorikstead are frequented often by Imperial couriers, and you should look in the inns of those places.
Head to Rorikstead or Dragon Bridge and speak to the innkeeper in the local inn. To find out the courier's location, you must either persuade, bribe, or intimidate the innkeeper. The innkeeper will then tell you that the courier just left, so you could go after them, or you can wait for the courier to come back. It's better to find the courier in the wilderness because you will get a bounty for killing them. The courier may be far from town, so you it might be better to wait for them to come back and then follow them out of the town. Once you find the courier, saying you want the documents will make the courier attack you immediately.You may also pickpocket the documents off of the courier. The courier may also get into a fight with Stormcloaks or wild animals. Stormcloaks and hostile bandits often frequent the courier's route.
 Delivering the documents
Once you have the documents, head back to the Stormcloak camp and give them to Galmar. He will then forge false information and will then tell you to take them to the Legate in Morthal. Head to Morthal and enter the Highmoon Hall, the Legate is through the doorway, under the stairs, to the left. Talk to him and give him the documents, if you are not wearing a Legion uniform he will ask about it, but upon explaining yourself he will take the documents and give you five gold. Now report back to Galmar to prepare for the Battle for Fort Snowhawk.
- The Imperial courier travels between Dragon Bridge and Rorikstead.
- When you speak to the courier demanding the documents he will become hostile and attack you but killing him will still count as a murder. The easiest way to avoid the murder charge is to get a little in front of him on the road and trigger the bandits hostilities at Robber's Gorge. They usually capably dispose of him. Without your character triggering the bandit ambush he usually makes his trips unharmed.
 Quest Stages
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 15, 21, 31, 39, 51, 100, 205, 255