For the quest, see Angarvunde (quest).
|# of Zones||3|
|Respawn Time||Never (storage is safe)|
|A Dance in Fire, v7
Before the Ages of Man
|Console Location Code(s)|
|AngarvundeExterior01, Angarvunde01, Angarvunde02, Angarvunde03|
|West of Heartwood Mill
Northwest of Avanchnzel
|Word Wall||Animal Allegiance|
|# of Corundum||1|
Medresi Dran will be met near the entrance. She asks that the path ahead be cleared, as her hired miners ran away once they saw the undead. Dispatching the three enemies in the first room will result in her offering a key. This key opens doors on both sides of this main room. Each must be cleared of undead.
It does not matter which area is dealt with first. After clearing the second area, the gate ahead of Medresi opens. She rushes in and meets an untimely end. The death is scripted - you may save her from the trap by sprinting to catch up and using Unrelenting Force, but she dies anyway. You may use the surroundings to reach her body and loot a few items. Head down the stairs, where no enemies await. The word wall is ahead. When you're done, you will have to backtrack to exit the ruins (there is no shortcut).
 Related Quests
- Angarvunde: Discover the treasure of Angarvunde.
- You can find a copy of the Speech skill book A Dance in Fire, v7 on a table outside, and a copy of the Illusion skill book Before the Ages of Man in Angarvunde Ruins.
- A room in Angarvunde Catacombs contains four giant canis root plants. Most canis roots are roughly one foot tall, while these four are taller than you.
- Angarvunde is marked as cleared when the related quest is completed. Therefore, clearing this location is not triggered by killing its boss enemy (unlike all other dungeons in the game), but rather by discovering the word wall.
- There's a small storage area with a strongbox, lockpicks, and potions up the side of the mountain to the south-southeast of the camp.
- You can also kill Medresi as soon as you enter, which will still allow you to progress the miscellaneous objective.
- Clearing this location does not increment the number of "Dungeons Cleared" displayed in your journal, and therefore does not contribute to the Delver achievement.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- If you pickpocket the key from Medresi instead of talking to her, Medresi can get stuck: you can open the gates, but she will refuse to go through them. In this case, you must kill Medresi to progress.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- When chasing Medresi into the last room, the floor trap might open, immediately close again, and then remain closed, so the final room with the word wall cannot be accessed.
- If you retreat to the main chamber and re-enter the final room a second time the floor trap may open for you.