|Alduin (RefID: Varying)|
|Location||Throughout Skyrim, Sovngarde|
|Primary Skills||Archery, Block, One-handed, Sneak|
|Faction(s)||MQ101AlduinFaction; Used by dragonrend shout|
Alduin, or the World-Eater, as he is known to the residents of Skyrim, is an immensely powerful dragon. He is depicted as a malevolent force who destroys the world periodically, and the Nords believe that his reappearance heralds the end of time. He is the self-proclaimed First-Born of Akatosh and aspect of Akatosh (“Do not forget that it was Heaven itself that shed you from me.”). His name can be separated into "Al Du In", which means "Destroyer Devour Master".
 Resurrection of Dragons
During the quest A Blade in the Dark, Alduin resurrects the dead dragon Sahloknir from his burial place, revealing how the rest of the dragons returned after being slain centuries ago. After this quest, the player may get to see the rare occasion where Alduin resurrects another, leveled dragon.
When resurrecting other dragons, Alduin can be spotted from a distance, and more easily heard thanks to his roars. It's easy to distinguish Alduin from other dragons, as he will stay far in the distance, flying around, unlike normal wild dragons (who will fly right to you).
Alduin won't go away from the location unless the player moves close [verification needed — see]. As soon as the player gets close enough, Alduin starts to speak in the dragon language. A new dragon will appear (having been resurrected), which will speak back to Alduin. After this, Alduin flies away and the resurrected dragon attacks the player.
 Related Quests
- Unbound: Escape Imperial custody and a dragon raid.
- A Blade in the Dark: Prove you are Dragonborn to Delphine by slaying the dragon Sahloknir.
- Alduin's Wall: Locate the prophecy within Sky Haven Temple.
- Alduin's Bane: Exploit the Time-Wound to learn Dragonrend and defeat Alduin at the Throat of the World.
- The Fallen: Capture and interrogate an ally of Alduin.
- Sovngarde: Seek out Alduin within Sovngarde.
- Dragonslayer: Put an end to the World-Eater.
- If you encounter Alduin during the resurrection of a dragon, he can be hit with any long-ranged attack. However, it appears that he is not actually hit, as no health bar appears. He does appear as hostile at that moment, showing as a red dot on your compass. The red dot will disappear after Alduin flies away again.
- During the resurrection of a dragon, Alduin will occasionally shout, and the sky will darken.
- Alduin has a unique shout called Dragon Storm Call, which is very similar to Storm Call, and causes fiery meteors to rain from the sky.
- When Alduin resurrects a dragon he says "(dragon name) zil gro dovah ulse" then uses a shout "slen tiid vo"
- When encountering Alduin raising a dragon as a random encounter, chasing him off before he completes the resurrection causes the dragon burial mound to become stuck in the 'bonfire of energy' state.
|This Skyrim-related article is a stub. You can help by .|