|Mirmulnir (RefID: 0005A6CA)|
|Primary Skills||Archery, Block, One-handed, Sneak|
|Faction(s)||Creature Faction; Dragon Faction; FavorExcludedFaction; MQ104DragonFaction|
Mirmulnir is likely the second dragon you will encounter in Skyrim, after Alduin. The dragon appears during the quest Dragon Rising at the Western Watchtower. He can be a challenging enemy if your level is low and you have only melee weapons. If you are heavily injured you can go inside the watchtower to heal yourself while resting, or stay there and do nothing while the guards kill him. Using lightning or ice magic on him would be wise since he is resistant only to fire. As with other dragons, after Mirmulnir is killed you can take from his corpse dragon scales and dragon bones, as well as random treasure and several unique pieces of Whiterun guard armor.
Mirmulnir's name can be broken down into Mir Mul Nir, literally 'Allegiance Strong Hunt'.
The type of dragon that Mirmulnir is depends on your level.
 Related Quests
- The Atlas of Dragons lists Mirmulnir as being "Known to Live", meaning not likely revived by Alduin. Instead, he may have come out of hiding to again serve Alduin.
- Mirmulnir carries a random number of Whiterun guard outfit parts, which have a special property: if sold to a merchant, they will persist in the merchant's inventory even after it resets; if placed onto the corpse of a named NPC, they will prevent it from disappearing.
- Upon defeat Mirmulnir says: "Dovahkiin! No!"
 Leveled List
- Mirmulnir does not issue voiced combat taunts during the attack on the Western Watchtower because there was never any audio files supplied for this.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2.5 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.