Skyrim talk:Redbelly Mine
 Repeat Quest Infinitely?
I experienced an odd glitch in the Redbelly mine quest forh te smith. I cleared the mien out, got my reward, and left, doing many other things as usual. I took a quest from the one woman to talk to her parents, and forgot about it. A whiel later, I come back, and go into the mine to deliver the satchel. To my surprise, all the spiders had respawned. They didn't seem to be hostile to teh miners, or vice-versa, but I killed them anyway, since they were hostile to me. Afterwards, the objective to talk to the smith came up again, and I was able to turn in the quest for another 1000 gold.
- Probably. I was returning to the mine to sell iron ore to Grogmar gro-Burzag and had the same thing, but the spiders were certainly hostile and killed Odfel. It may be a leveled reward; as I'm lvl48 and IIRC I got 1500. ComaDivine 10:34, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
- Happened to me too. Did not notice if I could reclaim the reward though.
- Smurfa 22:26, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- Same to me. I came back to the Redbelly Mine long after I have finished the quest for Filnjar and all the spiders had respawned. They were hostile and also killed Odfel (however, I have resurrected him by using the console: 'resurrect'). I also have received 1250 gold from Filnjar for clearing it again. I think that the spiders shouldn't respawn, it is a bug. --Arkhon 08:43, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- Just experienced this. One miner died. Reloaded and said a prayer to Akatosh and dove down the pit riding the back of a dead Frost Spider, killing spiders on various levels as I fell with my bow. The dead one broke my fall and I managed to save all miners, but this has to be a bug, unless the blacksmith has early Alzheimers. He gave the same dialog about, "Cleared them all?! We can finally get back to mining!" Until I showed up the spiders were kind of just kicking back, taking it easy. Hostile to all once they caught sight of me. Greyslayer 22:47, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
 Actually an iron mine?
I've been running all over Skyrim hitting the various mines, moreso to collect gems than the metals themselves. I hit Narbulzur for its ebony and saw that Shor's Stone supposedly had a small ebony mine (3 veins). Went inside, killed all the spiders, mined all the veins... except they were iron veins, not ebony veins. The wiki page also states there are three ebony ore outside the mine next to the smelter. I checked that on the way out, those were iron too. I do have quite a few mods installed but nothing that changes the world; just some weapons/armor, Frostfall (a suvival mod), cloaks, etc.
I have Dawnguard but not Dragonborn. If the wiki is simply wrong (iron and ebony veins do look similar but I'm not sure how someone would have mixed them up anyways), it should be corrected to state that Redbelly Mine is actually a small iron mine. If others can confirm/deny, that'd be cool.
--ScratchtasticZ | 220.127.116.11 21:26, 15 August 2013 (GMT) (I really should just join this wiki because I use it so much but meh.)
- I just checked the CK and the mine definitely has three ebony ore veins, while the ores outside are ebony as well. If you have iron instead, it's definitely the result of one mod or another. — ABCface◥ 21:41, 15 August 2013 (GMT)
- USKP changed them to iron. Switched it with another mine I think. If you have that, then that's why. Jeancey (talk) 22:01, 15 August 2013 (GMT)