Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Cyndassa, the maid in Castle Daggerfall, when you reach level 5.
- Travel to the dungeon she mentions to you.
- Kill the Werewolf
- Report back to Cyndassa for some information.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 You Scratch My Back...
Talk to Cyndassa in the back room of Castle Daggerfall to the left of the stairs leading to the throne, and she will say:
- Hey, if I told you I could give you a bit of information, let's say, about that letter of milady, would you be innerested there, (player's first name)? I thought so. Now, mind you, I ain't givin' it away. Before I scratch yer back, you gotta scratch mine. Deal?
Accept her offer and she will elaborate:
- Me name is Cyndassa. Daggerfall. I'll tell you everything I know, but I don't need to remind you that there ain't no such thing as free info, do I, (player's name) I'm just a maid to her highness, nothing but a fleck to the world, and my needs ain't big. I need this werewolf done in. I know just where it is -- some (random god) forsook hole called (dungeon). I can't tell you why, but it's important to me that that werewolf gets put outta its misery. I'll wait here for (time limit) days for you -- that oughta be plenty of time.
 Slaying the Werebeast
Travel to the dungeon Cyndassa mentioned to you and find the werewolf inside. There may be more than the one you are looking for, depending on the type of dungeon and your character's level.
After slaying the correct werebeast, you will receive the following message:
- The body of the werewolf begins to transform before your very eyes. In just a few minutes, it has become a young man who seems to bear a strong resemblance to Cyndassa.
 Cyndassa's Story
Return to Cyndassa after killing the werewolf and she will say:
- It's dead then, is it? Poor thing. He used to be my brother. If you ask me, he died long ago, when he first got bit. He hated himself when he became that beast. I wish there'd been another way to help him. I promised I'd tell you about that letter yer lookin for, didn't I now? Of course, I remember that letter, (player's name). It's not every day that you gets a letter from the Emperor himself, especially seein' as the King ain't too fond of him. 'Fact, that's the only letter I ever seen from him. I give it to her majesty, and she's all excited and she rip it open and says "this isn't for me, this is addressed to Mynisera." Then... boom! Her jaw fall open and her eyes get real wide. She say she'll make sure the Queen Mother gets it and that I don't have to worry myself none about it.
 Reputation Gain/Loss
If you kill the werebeast within the time limit, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|Court of Daggerfall||+18|
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered)
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest target: One werewolf
- There is an alternative quest that comes with Donald Tipton's patched quest, which can be found inside of File:QUESTPAK.ZIP. This alternative quest offers a couple of unique features; see here for more information.
- The Daggerfall Chronicles refers to this quest as "The Beast".
|Prev: Privateer's Hold||Next: The Emperor's Courier|