|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
This article is about the quest. For the artifact, see Boots of the Apostle (artifact).
The place-name reference in the Oracle's prophecy is obvious. An ancient Dunmer stronghold called Berandas lies south of the village of Gnisis in the West Gash region. I would also not be surprised to find that the reference to "wings of twilight" designates the guardians of the treasure you seek. Winged twilights are Daedric servants of the Daedra Lord Azura, one of the Anticipationsin the Tribunal Temple. -- A Savant's Tale
- Talk to Lalatia Varian at the Imperial Chapels in Ebonheart for an Oracle's quest.
- Travel to Berandas to recover the Boots of the Apostle.
- Find the boots on the corpse of a fallen hero in the Underground.
- (Optional) Talk to Ama Nin and give her a Scroll of Divine Intervention for her escape.
- Return to Lalatia to complete the quest.
Lalatia Varian at the Imperial Chapels in Ebonheart will ask you to recover the Boots of the Apostle. Varian is considerably less cryptic in her prophecy this time, and actually names the ruins of Berandas, the stronghold on the west coast, southeast of Gnisis. It's on your paper map.
Boots of the ApostleEdit
Go to Berandas with a good supply of Scrolls of Divine Intervention (you can buy as many as you want from the enchanter in Vivec's Mages Guild). Like most strongholds, Berandas is large and hard to miss from the outside, and has several levels inside. On the first level there is a corpse with two Daedric arrows sticking out of it. You shouldn't encounter anything too tough until you get to Berandas Underground, which has the body of the fallen hero with the boots. The corpse is in the room with two Winged Twilights.
Use the boots' levitate ability to find a few hidden places in the stronghold, including another god manifestation, this time of Mara (under the name of Ama Nin). She's in the same room with the boots. She wants a scroll of Divine Intervention, and rewards you with Mara's Blouse and Mara's Skirt plus a point of Reputation.
Return to Lalatia Varian with the boots, which you get to keep. You also receive ten points of Imperial Cult faction reputation, an extra point of Reputation and a ten point disposition bump with Lalatia.
- Any archers or collectors may be interested to know that two Daedric Arrows are available, lodged in a skeletal corpse in the corner of a room, on the top level of the keep.
- On the Underground level, a skeleton is transfixed to a stalactite by a Daedric Spear, with a Daedric Dagger placed next to it. There is a dead body with a stolen key on top of some rocks; you may need levitation to get to it. This key opens a chest in the final room behind the dead hero's body as well as a hidden chest high up.
- When you give Mara the scroll, she will disappear, but you will still be in dialogue with her. If you mention Divine Intervention again, and give her another scroll you can get more blouses and skirts. Each time you do this your Reputation goes up by 1.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project.
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: Ring in Darkness||Up: Imperial Cult Quests||Next: Ice Blade of the Monarch|