Morrowind:The Book of Dawn and Dusk
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|See Also||Lore version|
|Found in the following locations:|
The Book of Dawn and Dusk
A collections of sayings and aphorisms attributed variously to the Tribunals and to their saints and servants
This book is always found laying open, never closed on shelves.
- Speak none but good of the Gods.
- We can have no opinions about Truth.
- Rumors flow from the House of Troubles.
- Count only the happy hours.
- No child has a sinner's heart.
- Let faith be your only law.
- Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom.
- Almsivi in every hour.
- Walk always in the presence of your Lords.
- Comfort is given, justice is taken.
- Learn by serving.
- From the heart, the light; from the head, the law.
- Blessed Almsivi, Mercy, Mastery, Mystery.
- Forge a keen Faith in the crucible of suffering.
- Engrave upon thy eye the image of injustice.
- Death does not diminish; the ghost gilds with glory.
- Faith conquers all. Let us yield to Faith.
- Better to suffer a wrong than to do one.
- The heavens are in their glory, applaud!
- Folly secures its power to harm.
- Though forbidden to some, not to you.
- Oh, how rarely wisdom rules our hearts!
- Blessed are we who serve Almsivi.
- Three mouths sing Mercy, Mastery, Mystery.
- Gather no seed in the fields of Hell.
- The Thrice-Sealed House withstands the Storm.
- By Breath and Blood protect us all!
- Can ghosts or justice change with time?
- Consider your end, mortal!
- Accept grace without limits.
- Enter the rhapsody of the God-Poet.
- Kneel before the Teacher's chair.
- Three Hands, three Hearts, three Eyes.
- Keep no secret from your Judge's scale.
- Forge Darkness into Light.
- Refuse neither brother nor ghost.
- Blessed Almsivi, through birth, life, ghost.
- From glowing ashes the Poet's wrath shall shine.
- If Vivec is for us, who can stand against us?
- Fate, monstrous and empty, the whirling wheel of evil.
- How black my heart, roasting fiercely?