Morrowind:The Necromancer of Vas
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Percius Mercius for orders.
- Travel to Vas and meet Ulyne Henim.
- Help her kill the necromancer Daris Adram.
- Return to Percius Mercius for payment.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 The Orders
 Journey to Vas
An alternative route is to go north to Maar Gan, then farther north along the Foyada Bani-Dad until you reach the coast. Follow the shore eastwards until you reach the Urshilaku Camp, then swim (or waterwalk) northeast.
You'll find Ulyne Henim just outside the entrance to Vas. She's clad in the customary chitin armor of the Buoyant Armigers. Talk with Ulyne to join up together and enter the den. She fights with a staff and summons Ancestor Ghosts to help her in combat.
 The Necromancer of Vas
In the entryway, there's the usual collection of undead to take care of. You don't need to kill the three people in the large room unless they attack you (Debentien Sylbenitte might). In the first level of the tower, you might meet something more considerable, such as a Dremora or a Daedroth. The Necromancer Daris Adram, who casts a few spells when he fights, is on the top floor of the tower. Once Daris is dead, Ulyne will thank you for helping and stop following you. If Ulyne is impressed with your performance (Disposition ≥ 70), then she will give you a glowing recommendation. Unless she is accidentally hit several times in combat, this is the most likely outcome. Otherwise, she will consider your help to have been adequate, but be less impressed.
Return to Percius Mercius, who will reward you with 250-500 drakes and a 10-15 point Disposition boost (depending on whether Ulyne gave you a recommendation or not). If Ulyne is killed, you'll receive no reward and Percius' disposition towards you will drop 10 points.
- Ulyne has a habit of getting herself killed, especially if you are high enough level to meet skeleton champions and dremora lords. However, you can enter Vas without speaking to Ulyne and clear a path to the necromancer, before returning outside and speaking to Ulyne. You can then lead her to the final area to deal with the necromancer. It is also possible to clear out Vas entirely, either well beforehand if you are in the area for another quest, or before you talk to her. She will say that the necromancer is dead and you can still collect your reward.
- Daris Adram is a member of House Telvanni. If you are also a member, you'd be best advised to allow him to land the first blow, or you may find yourself kicked out of the faction.
- While you're in the area, check out the nearby Abandoned Shipwreck. An item related to a small Easter Egg of a quest can be found on board.
 Quest Stages
These Codes can be used along with the
Journal Console Command and Quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.
|Prev: None||Up: Fighters Guild Quests||Next: Beneran's Bounty|