|Artifact: Umbra (00026B22)
|Type||Blade; One Hand|
|Charge/Cost = Uses||2500/20=125|
The Umbra Sword was enchanted by the ancient witch Naenra Waerr, and its sole purpose was the entrapment of souls. Used in conjunction with a soul gem, the Sword allows the wielder the opportunity to imprison an enemy's soul in the gem. Naenra was executed for her evil creation, but not before she was able to hide the Sword. The Umbra Sword is very choosy when it comes to owners and therefore remains hidden until a worthy one is found. —Yagrum Bagarn, Tamrielic Lore
The artifact Umbra is an enchanted sword obtained by slaying its wielder, as in Morrowind. This time, however, it is a one handed weapon carried by Umbra, a female Bosmer located in Vindasel. She and the sword are encountered during the Clavicus Vile Daedric quest. Although this sword is associated with a Daedric quest, it is not considered a Daedric Artifact for the quest Blood of the Daedra or for your character's statistics page.
For more information, see the lore article.
- In Morrowind, Umbra was a two-handed claymore, but in Oblivion, it is a one-handed longsword.
- Umbra is Latin for "shadow" or "ghost".
- Umbra closely resembles an Ebony Longsword from Morrowind.
- Umbra has the highest base damage of any one-handed weapon in the game.
- Umbra is a zero-weight quest item before finishing the related quest.
- Unlike most other swords, Umbra does not have a sheath.
- The sword's model is named "FGD05_UmbraSword", implying that at some point in the development it might have been intended to be used during the quest Azani Blackheart.