|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Radiant Options
This is a radiant quest which will send you to one of the following bandit camps:
 Quick Walkthrough
- Speak to Kjar onboard his ship at the Windhelm docks.
- Travel to the random location and kill the bandit leader.
- Return to Kjar for your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Kjar, ship master of The North Wind currently anchored at the docks in Windhelm, will ask you to hunt down and kill a runaway crew member. The sailor had formed a group of bandits, who are currently hiding out in one of five random locations. Travel to the location and kill the bandit leader there. Return to Kjar, who will give you a year's salary (a leveled gold reward).
You can get this quest by killing the bandit leader without talking to Kjar beforehand.
- The quest Kill the Bandit Leader can have identical quest objectives.
- It is possible to trigger the quest by killing the required leader without first speaking with Kjar. It adds an objective to return to Kjar. Once spoken to Kjar, the player will receive the objective to kill the leader. Telling Kjar of the leader's death will complete both objectives.
- If you are sent to Uttering Hills Cave, and have already completed Summerset Shadows for the Thieves Guild, you will be unable to complete this quest, as the bandit leader is replaced by Linwe and the former is nowhere to be seen.
- If you have completed the mission and levels later re-enter the same location once it is repopulated, it can give you the completion again, allowing you to collect a bounty for re-killing the rogue crewman.
 Quest Stages
|Harsh Master (FreeformShipsWindhelm)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||(Objective is assigned): Kill the leader of <Alias=BanditCamp>|
|15||(Objective is assigned): Return to <Alias.ShortName=QuestGiver>|