|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Travel to the Solitude harbor.
- Get onto Safia's Ship, the Red Wave.
- Kill Safia.
- Report back to Nazir and claim your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Fast-travel to the East Empire Company Warehouse (or Solitude if you haven't been there) and then board the ship the Red Wave. Even though boarding the ship is considered trespassing, the "guards" (crew members) will not actually confront you if they see you. All they will do is say "you're not supposed to be here" and then leave you alone. Safia can be found in the middle deck of the ship, walking around switching chairs every few minutes or eating.
Note that two of the Red Wave's crew members are considered essential and thus cannot be killed and will continue fighting a little after you "defeat" them, which also gives you bounty. Therefore, it is best to avoid any combat with the crew.
You may have the following conversation with Safia:
|"I represent the Dark..."
||"The Dark Brotherhood? Yeah, yeah, yeah. You think this is the first contract I've had on my life? I'm a pirate, sweetie. Assassination attempts are an occupational hazard. Now, shall we?"
|"You face the Dread Lord..."
||"Sithis? Let me guess: "In the Void!" By the gods, you Dark Brotherhood are a predictable lot, aren't you? Okay, here's how this works. You try to assassinate me, and I kill you. Horribly. I have done this dance before, you know."
||"Ah, I see. The old Dark Brotherhood "silent intimidation" treatment. Oh, I know who you are. Don't be so surprised. You ain't the first assassin sent to kill me. Won't be the last. Now let's get this over with."
Each dialogue option causes her to initiate combat, thus allowing you to kill her without gaining a bounty. Her crew will also fail to defend her if she initiates combat.
After the kill, report back to Nazir for some leveled gold as a reward.
- This quest can conflict with the Thieves Guild quest The Dainty Sload.
- Since several members of the crew are essential, the fight can go badly, and much bounty can be incurred.
- Followers inside the Red Wave will repeat trespassing dialog like the crew. ?
- To get around the bug, use the Console command:
- Due to several members of the crew being essential, if you are detected and the crew becomes hostile, your follower can get stuck fighting them indefinitely. ?
 Quest Stages
|Kill Safia (DBSideContract12)
||I must kill Safia, the pirate captain of the ship Red Wave, which is moored at the docks in Solitude. I may use any means at my disposal. When I am done, I am to report back to Nazir at the Sanctuary and collect my reward.
(Objective is assigned): Kill Safia
||(Objective is assigned): Report back to Nazir
||Safia is dead, and I have collected my reward from Nazir at the Sanctuary.
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 255.