|This article has been flagged by a Daggerfall Redesign project contributor as needing an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to a questgiver of the Thieves Guild
- Head to the residence in the current town.
- Gain entrance to the residence and steal the ivory.
- Return to the questgiver
- Collect your reward.
- In case you hurt or killed any of the ivory's guards, travel to the client of the heist in another town.
- Meet the client and hand over the ivory.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 Quest Offer
(player's first name), a simple game. An item in a house that needs lifting. Are you up for it?
 Quest Acceptance
Questgiver goes on:
That's the spirit. As I said, nothing complicated about this job. A client wants to get a hold of a certain antique ivory piece which currently resides in (residence) here in (current town). You have two days to bring it to me, for a finder's fee of (random gold) gold.
 Quest Decline
You'll go far in the Thieves Guild with that attitude. Sure you will.
 Quest Object
Head to the residence in the current town, where the ivory is located. The entry door will be locked so come prepared. Inside find the ivory and pick it up. Needless to say, its owner and his guards will not be happy if you steal it. Return to the questgiver with the ivory.
Two situations are possible:
- In case you have hurt or killed any of the guards protecting the ivory, the questgiver says:
(player's first name), what are you doing here? I don't know how you could botch such a simple job, but if you don't get yourself and that blasted ivory out of town, we're all going to end up in the slammer, or worse. I don't give a damn about your skin, but the Thieves Guild has a reputation to uphold, and we promised our client that item. Get over to (town). (client's name) will meet you in (residence) there. Don't screw up again.
On your way to the client you will encounter many archers, that will try to get the ivory back from you. If you give it to them, they will let you go. In case you managed to deliver the ivory to the client of the heist he/she will say:
Well, if it isn't (player's name), the Inept Catburglar? At least you managed to get through with the item. Says something about your brawn, if not your brains. You didn't actually expect to still get paid, did you?
You will get no reward and you will actually lose a small amount of reputation with a subgroup of the Thieves Guild. If you don't deliver the ivory, he quest counts as failure and you will lose two reputation with the Thieves Guild, which is pretty little compared to the fuss that has been made about this whole situation.
- If you didn't hurt or kill any of the guards and bring back the ivory to the questgiver, you will get your reward from him.
 Quest End
If you bring the ivory to the questgiver without hurting or killing any guard he will say:
Excellent work, (player's first name). Just the way I like these jobs to go, no fuss, no muss. Here's the (random gold) gold, and congratulations on a job well done.
 Reputation Gain/Loss
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables)
In case you deliver the ivory to the heist's client in time you will lose a small amount of reputation as seen below,
Daily from 05:30 to 19:00
- 6x One Rogue every two in-game minutes (50% chance) once you enter the residence
- 3x One Rogue every ten in-game minutes (50% chance) once you enter the residence
In case you hurt or kill any of the rogues encountered in the residence
- 20x Three Archers every sixty in-game minutes (50% chance) until the quest is over
- This quest is only available with the CompUSA Special Edition Patch.
- Although you are given a time limit of two days, this is only the time limit for doing the heist. The time limit which ends the quest depends on the distance from your current location to the location where the heist's client. is staying.
- If you are a high level player, it might be worth it to loiter around while the guards respawn. You can get some great gear off them, probably numerous amounts of daedric weaponry and armor on higher level. The almost countless archers that come after you when you're told to skip town can also give great gear too. If you want loads of money, take this path.Maybe you can rake in over 200k off of a few guards if your lucky, compared to the few hundred, maybe a thousand gold you get otherwise.