Creeper is a non-hostile scamp living with a party of Orcs in Ghorak Manor in Caldera. He is one of only two non-hostile creature merchants (along with the Mudcrab Merchant). This means that, lacking Disposition and Mercantile skills, he will always buy and sell items at their base value, instead of adjusting their prices to his advantage. This makes him the ideal vendor to sell your goods to, especially considering his location; Caldera can be reached quickly by Guild Guide and is not far from Ald'ruhn and Balmora, two major settlements. While he has less gold to trade with, he buys more types of goods than the Mudcrab Merchant, making him the best vendor to sell rare miscellaneous and magic items to.
- "I'm creeping!"
- "Hello Caldera!!! I'm here all week!"
- "Help me out. I need the money."
- "C'mon...help a scamp out. You gotta need something. I've got booze...."
- "Don't want to work. Just want to bang on my drum. What's a scamp gotta do?"
Last modified on 22 September 2016, at 09:22
- His 5000 gold may not be enough to get the full value for some of the more expensive items. See the Hints page for ways to make up for this.
- Creeper cannot be robbed and attempts to do so will merely open his dialogue screen.
- As a creature, Creeper is one of the few merchants who will purchase skooma (but not moon sugar, since he doesn't deal in ingredients).
- Creeper is Barbas, the hound of Clavicus Vile. In Clavicus Vile's Oblivion quest, Barbas says "For a while I was a scamp, making deals with Orcs".
- There is the possibility that Creeper's inventory can reset, i.e. all the items you have sold him will disappear forever. Don't sell him anything you aren't willing to lose. It is unknown what may cause this bug to occur, though it seems to occur solely in the Xbox version. This is known to happen when the Tribunal quests are activated by speaking to Apelles Matius in Ebonheart.
- Creeper also appears in ESO.