|Archive 1: February 2007 - September 2011|
 Skills and attributes screen disappeared.
My character's in game skills and attributes screen has vanished. I don't know how. The map and inventory are still there. Is there any way to correct this without starting a new game? I only want to do that as a last resort because my character's doing really well, level 5 and already full glass w/ tower shield, deadric katana, and deadric bow. :— Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 21:57 on 5 October 2011
- You probably double-clicked on them, and they went into hiding. Try clicking on your health/magicka/fatigue bar in the southwest corner of your screen. Talk Wolok gro-Barok Contributions 22:03, 5 October 2011 (UTC)
 I've been thinking
since this page only covers general bugs, and not the quest specific bugs, should there should be a page that catalogues all of the bugged quests? if no one opposes this, I'll start putting one together sometime today. --Halfstache 18:28, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- I don't think that is necessary. All the bugs can be found at their respective quest pages, and that should be enough coverage. The quest pages will also be the first place where people will look for information. Furthermore, most bugs are far too minor to get a mention anywhere else except their quest pages. Wolok gro-Barok 18:58, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
- I disagree. If the bug is only listed on the quest page, then the only way to know if there is a bug is either to find out the hard way by experiencing it, or to read all of the quest pages but then you get spoilers too. Wouldn't it be nice to have a single page listing all known quest bugs, with minimum spoilers, so people who want to avoid bugs can do it? I think Halfstache has the right idea. --Acerac 14:41, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
- I agree that most people dealing with a quest bug will search for it under the quest. However, some of the quest bugs are such that one needs to compensate for them before beginning the quest. I don't assume that many people would think to search for quest bugs before beginning their quests, but I think they should have the option. Downstrike (talk) 18:24, 6 February 2013 (GMT)
 loot bag issue
Im on goty xbox 360 and i set some things down and then the loot bag appeared latter and my ebony pauldrens got stuck underneath it, please help, i need it
 Blank Scrolls
So i have morrowind on my windows 7 but after accidently patching it, all scrolls in game are blank and dont show the take or cloase option but if i click in the general area of the take or claose buttun it takes it or claoses it. if i read them from my inventory however, it stays on the screen and i cant close them or my inventory. enven installing bloodmoon doesnt change it. does anyone else have this problem and if so how can i fix it? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 13:59 on 6 May 2012
- Did you install Tribunal before Bloodmoon? If you didn't, that's been known to cause problems.
- What patch did you use? If it was patch 1.2.xxxx (where xxxx can vary), then you may have picked up the French patch, or you may have gotten a patch that required you not to have Tribunal installed (I don't know if you do or don't). If it was 1.4.1313, then that requires Tribunal, which could be a problem if you didn't have Tribunal. If it was 1.6.1820, that patches Bloodmoon, and should be installed after installing Bloodmoon.
- Are you running any mods?
- For fixes, you could try installing the Morrowind Code Patch. You could also use Wrye Mash to clean your savegame. A complete reinstall of the base Morrowind game should definitely fix it; you can try creating a backup of your saves if you have enough progress on them to want to keep them, but I can't guarantee that the saves will function correctly without the patch. Vely►Talk►Email 15:50, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
 Regarding "Moving NPCs"
Moving Erranil without using the quotes and the 00000000 worked for me (Bloodmoon + latest patch + UMP). Anyway, the quotes are not necessary because there are no spaces in the object name.
When I tried to use the first form of the fix, it did not work. When I used it on myself (player->position ...) it teleported me somewhere near Shallit. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 02:55 on May 31, 2012
 Encumbrance From No Items
While I was on the quest to do the 7 pilgrimages to join the temple awhile after I did the pilgrimage to the shrine in the fields of kummu I noticed I had a higher encumbrance level when the feather effect from the shrine disappeared than I did before the shrine blessed me with the effect, and I hadn't picked up any items since then. I think the glitch is related to the feather effect rather than the shrine or quest itself. Has anyone else had this problem with feather or the shrine? I find it very annoying to have my carry amount limited so much by weight that should not be there. I made sure to remove all my items so I would have zero encumbrance normally but the weight is still there. --Jpw1997 23:10, 6 August 2012 (UTC)
 Concerning the Right Fist of Randagulf Gauntlet and gaining strength with Corprus.
I found the Fists of Randagulf, as many may have. It has a constant effect fortify strength 20 points when equipped. Now, my character is at maximum strength, which is 500. When I equip the item, my strength moves to 600, and NOT 520, which it should do (even though, I must admit that it comes in handy). Also, when I had corprus disease, I rested for twenty-four hours, which increases strength ten points every time one does it. I eventually got up to 800 strength, and thought I was good. But, now I'm back at five-hundred (or six-hundred, when I put on the Fists of Randagulf) and have no clue why I'm there when I thought that the increase was permanent. My neighbor, who plays this game rather frequently, did not suffer the same unlucky decrease, and her character's strength is over 1,000. Is it possible that glitches differ from disc to disc?184.108.40.206 04:33, 12 August 2012 (UTC)
- Glitches cannot help but differ from version to version and edition to edition, as the programmers fix various glitches and introduce new ones. Downstrike (talk) 20:07, 7 February 2013 (GMT)
 How to get all skills up to 100
first,you need to go to the moonmoth fort near balmora ,in the moonmoth main building go to the bottom floor where the prisoners are and talk to the lady guarding the cells,from her you must buy the drain destruction spell. You now need to go to a mages guild to craft a new spell.in the spell catagory screen,pick the drain destruction.then pick whatever skill you want to increase and set it to self, and for magnitude set it to 100 to 100, and for duration keep it at 1.then go to someone who trains the skill you want to level up in, and cast the spell.when the spell works you need to quickly go into the training menu before the affect wears off.the spell will make it so that skill goes to 0 for 1 second,therefore lowering the cost of training to 1 gold.--LOKI 08:36, 17 August 2012 (UTC)
 everlasting bound armor
Note:this does not work on any beast races.Go to the trader in Caledra.Buy the enchanted helmet from him for 1700 septims.Equipt the spell it has of bound armor,then drop the bound armor.Wait for the effect to wear off,then immediately pick it up.you can only drop the bound armor from this item--LOKI 19:13, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
 unlimited spell effects
If you want a spell effect to last forever(such as unlimited bound armor,unlimited summon creacher,ect.) then you can make it and follow these steps. Create a spell that has both your desired spell effect and a soul trap effect. Then cast it straight down for the unlimited effect to work. Note:this can only work if you own the desired spell effect in order to created the spell.--LOKI 19:38, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
 INSTANT KILL
If you have a melee weapon equipped then pull the attack trigger back,then go to your menu and select any type of lockpick. Release the trigger then exit the menu and attack with the lockpick for an instant kill.--LOKI 05:37, 26 August 2012 (UTC)
- Already covered here. Thanks for confirming it though. A lot of the things on this article are unverified or are a sort of personal preference. -- kertaw48 15:19, 26 August 2012 (UTC)
 Escort NPC Disappears
I wasn't sure whether to add this, but it's happened to me so many times and I couldn't find a workaround anywhere on the wikia or the forums. When escorting an NPC during many a quest, you often have to lead them through doors to different map areas. Unless they are standing practically right next to you, they vanish outright. I've panicked and gone back to the previous section only to find them gone. At first I assumed this glitch was my fault because I'd tweaked the .ini file for better performance, so the game doesn't precache too many cells, but I seem to remember this happening even before I'd done anything to the .ini. Is it worth adding this glitch to the main list? — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 10:09 on 29 August 2012
- Did they also disappear from their last known location, that is, before they followed you? How about Assarnatamat? Salamangkero 11:01, 29 August 2012 (UTC)
 Custom Ebony Armor Encumbrance
When I ordered a piece of ebony armor from Bols Indalen, the text box said he removed the pieces of ebony from my inventory, yet I still had the same amount as before. Even stranger, my encumbrance decreased by the amount corresponding to the pieces of ebony. I couldn't really complain, since I was effectively walking around with zero encumbrance from any of my items. I was able to reproduce this once, and I suspect it had to do with my use of a potion of Fortify Fatigue.
On a related note, this same potion also reduces all vendor prices to 1, most likely since fatigue determines the effectiveness of all skills and the game simply assumed my Mercantile skill was well into the thousands.
Apologies for not typing the tildes on my last (above) post. I'll do it this time. I do not have an account here, yet. 18.104.22.168 10:44, 29 August 2012 (UTC)
 Duplicate entry
This was too complicated for the edit summary, so it's getting posted here. Basically, we ended up with 2 entries for looting summons. I deleted the older, longer entry in favor of the more succinct one, though if anyone would rather have the old one feel free to revert (though the comment about summons going non-hostile really should be its own entry, which I also did in the same edit I removed the duplicate). In the interest of full disclosure, I was the one who added the newer entry about it when I was moving stuff from the cheats page that didn't belong there (I missed that there already was an entry for it here), so I'm a little biased. Spweasel (talk) 16:40, 1 February 2013 (GMT)
 New Items on List of Problematical Perma-Spells
I came upon these "cheats" accidentally, and without a reference source like UESP, I was hard put to discern the circumstances under which they occurred. My first such accident was an area-effect Absorb Strength on a when-strikes weapon, and I thought, Oh cool; now I can wear all this Ebony and Daedric equipment without repeatedly Recalling to the Fields of Kummu!
What I didn't realize was that when I set off that Nuclear Strength spell in the Balmora Council Club, among the besiegers outside Therana's tower, or in that ancestral tomb where 2 Golden Saints, 2 Flame Atronachs, 1 Dremora, and 1 Hunger all attacked at the same time, I would be giving my PC god-like status in the eyes of the NPCs, or that a Greater Bonewalker would follow me around like a lost puppy, instead of attacking, (this was apparently the result of a Strength stat of 695, because I had not cast a Command spell).
In short, the game was no longer a challenge, and thus no fun any more. Meanwhile, I had invested so much into my when-strikes weapon that I didn't really want to leave it behind.
As for the area-effect when-strikes Command Creature spell, it was amusing to have my own private army of netches, "wither"-birds, kwama, corprus walkers, rats, various undead, fish, dreugh, and anything else you may want, or not want, to imagine follow me all over Morrowind and beyond. However, it wan't much fun any more when the game started crashing, and not understanding why, I over-wrote all my recent saves, and then had to lose weeks of game time to back out of the situation. Downstrike (talk) 21:48, 6 February 2013 (GMT)
- I ran into a related problem, completely by accident, when trying to farm ancestral ghost souls. I was using a combo spell of Summon Ancestor Ghost, Soul Trap, and Fire Damage. What I didn't realize was that the summon would become permanent if the Soul Trap missed. I figured I could just kill the ghost, but then I noticed its corpse didn't disappear. When I tried to dispose of it, the game told me I couldn't remove the corpse either. I tested this a few times to see if I could replicate it, and I noticed the summoned creature icon doesn't appear (or disappear) like it's supposed to either. Now, creating your own perma-corpses can be useful for storing things, but not if you didn't intend for this to happen. So I've added this warning to the list.FrozenWolf150 (talk) 10:19, 24 February 2013 (GMT)
- That seems to me to qualify as a Glitch of its own.
 Re: Jump Trick
Is this really a glitch? I always thought it was the intended method for climbing, since it also works on slopes that are too steep to walk up, but not too steep to climb. Downstrike (talk) 21:06, 7 February 2013 (GMT)
 Instant Kill/Invulnerability
The article says that any NPC wearing armor will become invulnerable when hit with a probe, but I did the probe weapon glitch on a couple of Ordinators and they died instantly too. Perhaps it depends on the type of armor they're wearing or the weapon the player is using? Baron Praxis (talk) 19:33, 4 March 2013 (GMT)
 Re: Jeancey's Undo of Improved Infinite Arrows
[User:Whicks] I was the one that added the Improved Infinite Arrows. I don't care if it gets merged with the Infinite Arrows entry, or kept as a new entry, but I DO think it is a vast improvement to the original Infinite Arrows. Yes, it also works with thrown weapons. Also, I do know that there are 4 of the Darts of Judgement, not 1, but trying this trick on them crashes the game. I only suspect it will crash it with other special projectiles and thought it likely that while not technically unique there was something special about them. You don't have to have more than 2 of an item to use the trick, but you can't use them all.[User:Whicks]
Having just tried the deleted instrutions, I confirm that they work, are easier to emplement, and are more productive. Therefore, considering Jeancey's concerns that the Infinite Arrows glitches produce similar effects and that, "we can't include EVERY possible glitch", I suggest that the existing text of Infinite Arrows be replaced with a revision of the Improved Infinite Arrows text.
The revisions I offer are that it isn't necessary to dispose of the corpse; only to retrieve any arrows in it, that one must complete the entire procedure for each creature killed rather than killing multiple creatures and then switching to Weapon display, and that the Darts of Judgement are not unique, (there being 4 of them); only Throwing Weapons, rather than Arrows.
- After further play-testing, here are some more possible revisions:
- The more arrows shot at, (or away from), the target, the more productive the glitch, because you get each one back twice.
- There must be at least 10 projectiles equipped.
- Do not cast any spells at the target, (e.g. Soul Trap), during combat.
 Moving When Over-Encumbered
There might be another way to achieve this: 1. Switch to third-person view mode. 2. Look left. 3. Look right. 4. Quickly repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed. This produces a small "backwards" drift.
I've been able to observe this on my Khajiit character (PC). No need to sneak, swing weapons or press any movement keys. Since I'm not sure whether this is due to the normal bow-legged stance of Khajiit, I checked this using a Dunmer character. The drift was much less noticeable and it veered slightly to the left. However, I'm not sure if this applies only to the PC version. Might it be possible for someone to check the XBox version? Salamangkero (talk) 18:52, 20 April 2013 (GMT)