|House||Salmo the Baker's House|
Even though his sweetrolls appear to be popular, it does not appear very lucrative for Salmo, who wears a sack cloth shirt, sack cloth pants and rough leather shoes, and carries nothing but a small amount of gold and his house key.
Salmo spends his days indoors: he sleeps from 10pm to 6am, eats a meal between 3pm and 5pm and spends the rest of the day wandering around inside.
The first time Salmo greets you he may say "A sweetroll? But, of course, Salmo is famous for his sweetrolls! One taste, and you are in heaven... on top of the world, yes!", and when asked about Skingrad will reply "I could never leave Skingrad. All my good friends here would die without my sweetrolls. The rest of the world must suffer as best it can without me.", but otherwise has no unique dialogue.
Salmo's products are popular around town. Guard Captain Dion will recommend them when asked about Skingrad, and other NPCs can often be heard discussing them, although they often refer to Salmo as a woman:
- "I love walking by Salmo's place. The smell of her bread baking is amazing."
- "Salmo's baking is fantastic. And her sweetrolls are unbeatable."
- "I could eat nothing but Salmo's baking for the rest of my life. That'd be fine with me."
- "I'll buy sweetrolls from Salmo the Baker any day. Once, I was carrying a sweetroll when three thugs attacked me. So, I took the sweetroll...."
Salmo's products are also referred to in Alessia Ottus' Guide to Skingrad: "However, I am certain where you should go to purchase your sweet rolls -- to Salmo the Baker in Chapel District! They are delicious."
- Salmo has two AI packages commanding him to take five loaves of bread to the Two Sisters Lodge at 10am and to the West Weald Inn at midday, but the packages never execute as he has no bread in his inventory and the packages are of "escort" type, meaning he doesn't actively seek any out. It's possible this bug was introduced to avoid another, more serious one: if bread is given to Salmo using the console or CS, he will walk to one of the inns as commanded, take a bite of bread, and the game will crash.
- This issue has been addressed by version 3.4.0 of the Unofficial Oblivion Patch; his packages were changed to normal visits..
- When asked for rumors, Skingrad citizens incorrectly refer to Salmo as being female.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.