Oblivion:The Rosethorn Cache
 Quick Walkthrough
- Find the hidden scroll containing a riddle.
- Solve the riddle, find the hourglass, and you receive your reward.
 Detailed Walkthrough
 A Hidden Riddle
In the bedroom of Rosethorn Hall, in the loft above the stairs, you will find a scroll, called Long Forgotten Note. The scroll provides the clue leading to this quest's treasure. The note is located right against the wall, so you will not be able to see it unless you can jump high enough. Obtaining the note is required for the quest: the treasure is only enabled after you have read the note.
Getting the note generally requires good Acrobatics skill. Some options:
- Start facing the desk (with your back to the bed). From there jump onto the two bookshelves (if necessary, jumping first onto the chest, then onto the bookshelves). You should then be able to jump to the loft.
- Try jumping onto the desk, onto the deer head, and then onto the loft.
- If you have yet not purchased any upgrades, none of the furniture will be available to help you jump up. It is still possible to reach the note, but it requires more skill and good timing. Jump onto the fireplace ledge backwards and then head towards the corner of the ledge and jump. If you have a high enough acrobatics skill you can reach the loft.
- You can use the floating paint brushes glitch.
- With timing and patience you can use a Telekinesis spell to get the note.
- You can get a substantial boost in Acrobatics with the Boots of Springheel Jak, but any Fortify will help.
- A well-placed area-effect destruction spell (such as Shocking Burst, or even Weak Fireball) can knock the note to the floor.
- When you have purchased the display case upgrade, jump from the leftmost one (facing the windows) and you can grab the note while falling toward the loft with no acrobatics skill.
The note contains a riddle: "Two bodies have I, though both joined in one. The more I stand still, the quicker I run."
 Treasure Hunt
From reading the note, you get the impression that there is a treasure in an hourglass within the house somewhere. It may be difficult to find as there is no real clue in the note as to where it exactly is, and, if you have bought upgrades there are 2 normal hourglasses in the house in desks, which may confuse you. To find the treasure, go down into the basement, it's embedded in the top of the frame of the wooden pillar with the garlic hanging from it. Activate the "Old Hourglass." This completes the quest and you will receive an hourglass, the Ring of the Gray and 6 flawless gems: 2 diamonds, 2 sapphires and 2 emeralds.
- The riddle is an allusion to one of the riddles in Arena, which read the same. The answer was also "hourglass".
- If you just read the note the first time and forgot to pick it up, you won't be able to read or pick it up anymore. Similarly, if you drop the note, you can no longer pick it up. However, if you put the note in a chest you can retrieve it.
- This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
 Journal Entries
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in random order.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- It is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage HouseSkingradQuest stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages. See SetStage for more information.