Oblivion talk:Glitches/Archive 6
|This is an archive of past Oblivion_talk:Glitches discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
Spell effects, Daedric Banishing
Okay, I'm not entirely sure what I did to get this glitch, but somehow whenever I hit Dread Zombies in Fallen Rock Cave for the Fighter's Guild quest, the fire effect would only appear at their feet. Similarly, when I summoned a skeleton and killed it before the summoning animation could finish, the purple swirls were gone, and instead a single point on the skeleton about halfway up its height gave off the same purple dots that normally swirl around the feet when summoned and follwed it down to the ground. There didn't seem to be any side effects of this that were detrimental to gameplay in any way other than the visuals on those two effects not working properly (I didn't test it with Frost or Shock damage or any other effects, though, so others may or may not have been affected). One strange effect of this glitch, though, was that every hit with Mehrunes Razor was an instant kill. I summoned skeletons and hit about 20 or 30 in a row, every single one telling me that Dagon claimed their soul, so it was more than just luck. The only negative aspect of the Razor effect would bet that you're more likely to have the effect reflected at you.
I have all the downloadable content and all the patches, and I'm playing on 360. The only thing I could think of that I did during that session that might have caused this was making 6 spells to fortify my acrobatics 100 points for 30 seconds each and jumped inside of Frostcrag Spire with them. I died and reloaded, not wanting the spells to clutter up my spell list, but reloaded an earlier save on that profile before turning off the 360. I'm seeing if that caused it now, though I really doubt it. 126.96.36.199 19:14, 22 June 2008 (EDT)
- my guess is that beacause to skeletons were summoned, they were considered deadric becase I have heard summoning called daedric magic throughout the game. Unless I am mistaken on the summoning being daedric magic, this is the best explanation I can offer at this time.--Blktiger0 19:55, 23 June 2008 (EDT)
- Daedric Banishing is an effect that, depending on your luck, gives you 1-10% possibility of an instant kill. It has nothing to do with summoning. This is probably just some random bug. What kind... I have no idea what though--Drake3555 20:41, 21 July 2008 (EDT)
Fathis Ules/ Theives Guild Glitch
Before beginning The Big Heist, it is required that you sell 1000 septims worth of stolen goods. Although-The only fence that I found available was Fathis Ules. Now he has a VERY, VERY strange schedule but no matter what, he would never start fencing. I had done everything else in Oblivion (Xbox 360) so I needed to get the final milestone. After a few days, I completely stopped playing Oblivion. I put it in around a month later and he FINALLY bought my stolen goods-for ONE NIGHT. a had to wait another week before i could finish up the sum.
I'm now the Gray Fox and he still doesnt show up in the Thieves Guild Hall. I've waited each in-game night 7:00 through 4:00 and he's failed to show up.
ALSO-Theres a huge 'Gray Fox Cowl' glitch. The main purpose is to get away with crimes ( Thievery, Murder, Assault) by putting on the mask, then removing it after your done. Although after I robbed The Best Defense, located in the Imperial City, I was trampled by gaurds (FUN!) so after killing one I took off the cowl and yield. I was immediately notified that I had broken the law. The bounty was 9750. So I loaded a file and i just put the mask on (No crime, no nothin') And the second I took off the cowl, i was tested with a bounty of 5...???
I know alot on this subject, but i still need help-Please post something
- As far as Fathis Ules is concerned, full details of his schedule can be found on his page. The other one sounds like you're committing crimes with the cowl off, or already had a bounty. It's certainly not a glitch with the game. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 06:41, 7 July 2008 (EDT)
- There is no new patch. See the official site. The last patch was the 1.2.0416 patch, released on Apr 30, 2007. --NepheleTalk 13:24, 9 July 2008 (EDT)
Blue Arrow in the ground
I don't know if its a glitch or if it supposed to be like this picture
see the blue arrow?!!?! Why is it there - I have almost always them at those Fortify Magic things...
But I haven't seen any pictures or people takt about them... The picture is from an Xbox 360...
S990WE 12:48, 10 July 2008 (EDT)
Where was this taken at? Maybe I can go and see if it is there. --Chibiace 20:18, 24 July 2008 (EDT)
That happened to me at the Strangers house in Anvil... Kurohikaru 21:23, 29 July 2008 (EDT)Kurohikaru
I saw this at Nenyond Twyll.188.8.131.52 10:05, 2 August 2008 (EDT)
- After doing some looking around in a couple of these places, I have yet to find a blue arrow, I am not sure what is causing it, but it may only happen on the 360 version. --Chibiace 14:07, 2 August 2008 (EDT)
- I'm on the 360, and it'd happening on my game too, on those Ayleid wells. Those stupid blue arrows! --LordDagon 09:49, 25 August 2008 (EDT)
Wizards Tower Glitch
After doing the Bruma House Test Access glitch, I found four openable houses, the fourth being one Identical to a brighter Baenlins House... Am I the only one with four? This condradicts the info in the article, but its not described in there... I'm playing 360, If that matters...
Update: Theres also an immense town found by swimming over the lake, to the West, with a few buildings, 'testGrantfarmhouse' which contains a zombie and six bottles of wine, and an impregnable fortress that resembles Castle Skingrad. I'm wondering why none of this is in the article?
Multiple problem glitch
There is this glitch i found that makes the find a creature spelll visible on the ground not the creature you see, like normaly when u look at a creature with the spell the purple fog that your supposed to see is onthe ground not on the creature. Another problem is when im fighting someone its easy to win because the enemy staggers too much. Every hit they stagger and i can hit them again and again without them doing anything. The glitch also works on me, i cant block or do anything when im getting hit. Also the sound effects are exactly the same when i hit the person they always say "hmph" when i hit them. Its really anoying... the grass looks like a chess board because every patch of grass looks the same... When i use my armory skill (hammers) they get used way too fast. Everytime use the hammer once, i have to use another one because it breaks. I know that hammers are supposed t break but, but they break on their first use. When i use my bow they automaticaly paralyze the targer, which is nice but its a glitch and its ruining the game..... I have the 360 version of it, and the glitch is on all of my saved files. (i think) It ust now happened so please help me fix it.
Unlimited Level Cap
This is something I have been thinking about for a while, as I'm sure most of you know there is a way to pass you characters level cap (the level at which all your major skills are maxed at 100)it is possible to progress to the 'true' level cap which is in the 200's, however when preforming the exploit to raise your level once all the attributes are maxed at 100 it is impossible to level any further even though you go to jail to decrease your skill level, however i learned the hard way on a mage i had previously, that consuming alot of skooma will permanently drain your intelligence, it is possible to reduce your intelligence to 0 allowing you to pass the 'true' level cap, however i have not tested this theory personally and i am interested in seeing if this is true or not, anyone that finds anything feel free to email me at email@example.com or simply edit this article.
When I was at the "great welkynd stone phase" of the main quest, I didnt kill the lich, and just ran, then once when I got out of jail--- the lich and minions were outside of the castle!!!! (this was in anvil) Codymc 16:59, 15 July 2008 (EDT)
Thats described in detail on the Miscarand page. Not really a glitch.
Shooting Arrow Glitch
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but all of a sudden the arrows I shoot aren't aligned with the bow I'm shooting, instead is pointing out on the front of the bow and when it shoots it goes to the left a foot then straight. Is this just my game or has it happened to anyone else? ~Anonomous
- This has actually happened to me ever since the release date, and happens randomly, but has yet to be fixed by a patch, or anything... I don't know the cause, or how it could be fixed, thought I'd just reply saying that it happens to me as well.--ChaoticToast 16:06, 19 July 2008 (EDT)
- Yea I don't really like how it just does that randomly. I was doing the quest for Umbra-something to get the Aeliyed (can't spell) crown to use for light armor or whatever. I had to load back to autosave to play again whenever the arrow goes off the side and kills Umbra-something (lol). Also, for some reason after doing the quest when I ACTUALLY finished quest, I couldn't wear the helmet at all. Has this happened to anyone? ~Anonomous (Same who posted above)(184.108.40.206)
I don't know if it's the same thing, but when you pull out the arrow does it go foreward about a foot but still remain in the bow? A piece of cheese 18:49, 30 July 2008 (EDT)
Boots of Springheel Jak - Thieves' Guild Quest Glitch
So... I went on a rampage in the IC. I happened to come across Jakben Earl of Imbel, and since he's essential, he just became unconscious when I killed him. I decided to pickpocket his body while he was getting up, (he couldn't do a thing about it since he was getting up) and i took the Boots of Springheel Jak. Now, previously, I had been on the Arrow of Extrication quest for the Thieves' Guild. As soon as i picked up the boots, a message popped up saying i retrieved the Boots of Springheel Jak and should meet the gray fox again in Cheydinhal. Now, keep in mind, I was on the Arrow of Extrication quest still. I decided to ignore it and do the quest for the Arrow of Extrication. After I did this, I went back to Chorrol: where the Gray Fox had told me to meet him for the Arrow of Extrication quest. He wasn't there. I decided to check Cheydinhal since I picked up the boots beforehand. He was in fact in Cheydinhal. I completed the quest, and he sent me out to fence more gold, even though i had fenced more than enough previously. And now I am stuck... I have waited numerous in-game hours in the Imperial City waiting for a messenger to tell me the Gray Fox wants me to meet him, and I have tried fencing even more gold to see if that would grab his attention. I have no saves previous to when I killed Jakben, and the Gray Fox isn't in any of the houses that he arranges meetings in... Does anybody have a suggestion as to what I could do? --ChaoticToast 16:18, 19 July 2008 (EDT)
- The Imperial City is the only place that the messengers will not get you. However, I believe that the Waterfront works--Drake3555 20:23, 21 July 2008 (EDT)
Why shouldn't I save?
I came here after getting interested in various game bugs and saw this:
"Leaving the NPC and coming back after the body is good and stretched may result in EXTREME spasms of the body all over the place. It is not recommended that you save after doing this. "
What happens if I save? I haven't played this game before so I can't experiment (and if I did I'd be too freaked out to try), but what happens if I were to save after doing that? Would the game crash? 220.127.116.11 03:42, 21 July 2008 (EDT)
- I haven't tried either, but I would guess it would result in enormous lag, and crashes.-Puddle Talk•Contribs. 22:46, 21 July 2008 (EDT)
If you do the Skull of Corruption Glitch to clone yourself, Can you copy the Staff of the Everscamp? Do NOT say " You cant drop the Staff of the Everscamp, Its a quest item" because I found an Exploit to keep it & drop it(I posted it on its page). If you can Does this mean you can create an Everscamp Army? I know I am obsessed with army Spawning. Like the Deadra Lord Exploit I found...LOL
I have the Xbox 360 version and when I try saving it puts the save at the very bottom of the list, and now whenever I try to save over a profile it deletes the save, and I don't want to have to keep making new saves... So does anyone know whats going on? Kurohikaru 02:18, 27 July 2008 (EDT)Kurohikaru
- The clock on your Xbox 360 is messed up (happens to me if I'm disconnected from the internet, for example). All of your saves are listed in chronological order, so if your Xbox thinks that the date is 2006, new saves will be listed below all of your correctly-dated saves. Set the Xbox clock to the correct date and your new saves will again appear at the top of the list. --NepheleTalk 02:29, 27 July 2008 (EDT)
- It can also happen if you have it unplugged for any length of time from a power source, not just from the internet. Anyone know why that happens? I have been wondering that myself, it gets to be a pain when I am scrolling down to find my last save. --Chibiace 03:47, 27 July 2008 (EDT)
- That makes sense... My clock is messed up, I just moved into a new house so my 360 was probably unplugged for about a week, but that doesn't explain why it deletes my saves when I try to save over a previous save...Kurohikaru 18:29, 27 July 2008 (EDT)kurohikaru
- Hehe... Sorry I'm not a technical person so it was all just a misunderstanding... XD I'm not that smart...
I was playing on the pc version of the game with version 1.2 patch that fixed the formid bug, and I was noticing in my skills page it says that I have had 52 skill increases, but it only shows 13 novice skills and 8 apprentice skills raised, everything in that section is 0's. My question is of this, is it a glitch, or does the counter sometimes get screwed up? I have no other mods that adds or change skills, the only mod I have is Jb Catsuit running at the moment. I do have a picture of it if you would like to see it. --Chibiace 08:41, 27 July 2008 (EDT)
- It's not a glitch. The "skill increases" counter increases every time any skill goes up by 1 point. The counters for novice, apprentice, journeyman, expert and master measure how many skill you have in each category (0-24; 25-49; 50-74; 75-99; 100). –Rpeh•T•C•E• 08:48, 27 July 2008 (EDT)
- Oh, a misunderstanding, thanks for the help, should of thought about it a bit sooner than to automatically call it a glitch. For some reason I thought it measured how many times each skill in that area went up instead of how many skills in each you have, well thats enough of me about this topic. --Chibiace 08:58, 27 July 2008 (EDT)
I went to capstone cave and cloned myself. Anyway, My clone and me fought, then i decided to command human spell him and he killed a guard outside of bruma. I decided to pay the fine, because since he was under my command i got the bounty.
Anyway, when I appeared infront of the Castle bruma, so did both of the 8 ft tall Ayleid guardians from the theives guild quest Ultimate heist, they both proceeded to run straight into the wall infront of them and are impervious to damage the same way Haskill from Shivering isles is, as attacks just pass through them.
They just run into the wall swinging their weapons while the towns folk try to no avail to kill the ayleids.
Does anyone know what is going on here? I am stumped as to what is, or how this is happening.......?
|Prev: Archive 5||Up: Oblivion talk:Glitches||Next: Archive 7|