Shivering talk:Ritual of Mania
- Have some patience, will you? The expansion has been out for a little over a day, of course the pages aren't going to all be up to the site's quality standards. A low-quality page is still preferable to no page at all. Instead of criticizing other people's work, maybe you might want to try helping to clean things up? Or at least give the other editors some time to get things looking better. --TheRealLurlock Talk 09:28, 29 March 2007 (EDT)
I did the Dementia page because you went the Mania side and I think your walkthrough is just fine. I just have an advantage that I'm a technical writer for Dell so I'm used to writing walkthroughs while performing steps (which is what a quest is basically.) I think your walkthrough it just fine, Lurlock!--Andyg 22:14, 29 March 2007 (EDT)
- It's not mine. I don't even have Shivering Isles yet. GuildKnight seems to be responsible for this, though I think she copied it from another page. Anyhow, it's looking better now. Thanks. --TheRealLurlock Talk 23:37, 29 March 2007 (EDT)
Having trouble going through the mania side. No matter what time it is, Thadon's wine seems to only be on the table in the Mania House, therefore I cannot put the poison in it. If anyone has a clue how to fix this or bypass the quest, let me know. EDIT: I ended up having to remove all the wine before I poisoned the food so the wine bottle I could poison would show up. How weird is that? --F
- Could you expand upon that please? I think i have the same problem as the wine and food is always in the throne room. How did you solve this? -Lordsword 8 13:47, 27 April 2007 (EDT)
- I believe he means remove (steal) all of the Wine on the rack in Thadon's private kitchen. Assuming, it's the correct time (prior to 8pm), the food will be on its usual metal tray lying on a table/counter top against the wall. Directly to the right of this table is a set of shelves with a large number of various wines on it. The wine will be called 'Thadon's Wine' and is to the far left of the middle shelf. You can sometimes remove all of the wine on this set of shelves and then when you poison the food, Thadon's Wine will magically appear in its location. I also had repeated trouble with the wine not showing up but it was solved (eventually) with a reload. It's possible that the wine doesn't show-up until you have poisoned the food, so keep that in mind as well. Where do the quest markers in your game point to? Did you get an update saying you have enough Greenmote?
- If you're on the PC, then the easiest solution would be to have another user look in the CS and find the setstage code for the update you get after poisoning both food and wine. I don't have it installed so unfortunately I can't help you there. Good luck with it, it does get tedious. Hopefully we can find a more permanent fix for it and mention it in the article. --AlbinoMudcrab 15:14, 27 April 2007 (EDT)
I have this issue where i can't sit on the throne in the House of Mania - the "Cannot sit on owned furnature" message pops up...is this normal? It's happened both times i've tried. Also, i'm playing on a 360.
 About glitch with sneaking Greenmote into Thadon's meal.
Seems that "special" food and wine with activation switch appears in kitchen only in the evening, some time after 6 pm. Maybe fix this note?
 Activate food is time based.
I corrected the wiki relating to this as well as as some other parts after testing them on 2 chracters. A good time to start entering and heading to the kitchen is about 4pm-5pm, making certain you are not seen entering or you will be caught everytime (outside guards will enter after you after a few minutes).
If you start too early, activate will not be there (sometimes food only). If you enter after his assistant leaves you are to late. You need to be done with it 1 hour prior to dinner time for both to be active. After that the activate disappears. (Spazzy)
The reason you cannot do this earlier is that Thadon's chef cooks his meals in the morning and early afternoon, therefore his meal is not prepared. Goldbrand43 13:02, 10 July 2008 (EDT)
 food not showing up on correct time!
I just go in that kitchen, at the correct time, and the food and wine just isn't there! it stays on the table al the time. i've tried it quite a few times now! can it have something to do with the fact I clicked on the wine and food before the quest started, and during the quest too? (when I tried to talk to thadon I accedentaly hit the food or wine, and I got the usual message which yu get if you click on it during the quest) I have completed the quest with another character, and i'm on x-box 360, can anyone help me? 18.104.22.168 10:21, 15 January 2008 (EST)
c'mon, anyone? 22.214.171.124 12:55, 29 January 2008 (EST)
 Silo entrance legal?
Once you become Duke of Mania/Madgod is it legal to enter the Greenmote Silo?--LordDagon 10:32, 3 February 2008 (EST)
Why did u rmove my funny edit? 126.96.36.199 05:47, 16 February 2008 (EST)
- It wasn't in the least funny. It was obscene and childish. You've been warned and blocked for that any others like it. Don't do it again. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 06:21, 16 February 2008 (EST)
 Thadon's Diadem causing crash when equipped?
I added a verification tag to this. I tried it on two separate runs through Shivering Isles equipping it right after Thadon died and no crash. It's just a standard enchanted item with a nondescript enchantment. It doesn't even have a script, and neither do the enchantments. This seems like a one-time unrecreatable glitch. Kivan 01:18, 13 July 2008 (EDT)
- Agreed. I've just tried it a couple of times myself with no joy. I think the OP just had bad luck. I'll remove the note. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 12:29, 6 August 2008 (EDT)
 Black Arrow
- (moved from the article)
- After entering the Duke's Quarters, turn left turn left and travel pass the first alcove on the left to a bookshelf. On this bookshelf there is a skill book on the left of the upper shelf, The Black Arrow v1 (fat book), that gives +1 to Acrobatics.
That's true, but doesn't belong on the quest page. Ideally we should have a brief page about the various quarters in the palace and it should go there. I've flagged this as a Good Question to mark it for action, even though it isn't a question. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 14:07, 31 December 2008 (EST)
I have this problem where even though I activate Thadon's food, nothing happens at 8:00. I don't get a quest update either. Once I activate the food, it will not let me do it again. Is it because I killed the Golden Saints guarding the place? I tried loading an earlier save and I redid the quest but the same thing happened! This is all on Xbox. 188.8.131.52 21:31, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
 Correct Time
Page says it's 4pm when to plant it, but I tried it 4 times after reloading each time and still wasn't there. The accurate time to plant the greenmote is around 1pm, not 4pm. Didn't want to edit the main guide before this could be confirmed. XHellxKnighTx 06:09, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- I don't recall having any problems with doing this at 4pm. Perhaps it is your game? –Elliot talk 07:10, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- It didn't work at 4pm for me neither. However, 1pm worked just fine.
 Thadon dosn't appear (xbox360)
alright so i couldn't sneak past the guards so i killed them and also knocked out thadon multiple times. now after i put in the greenmote, i went into the main hall and it says that i didn't see him die but i should get the blood anyway. the green curser kept spazzing and thadons body never appears. can anyone help me? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 28 February 2010
- It seems like the only solution is to reload a save previous to your fight with Thadon. --SerCenKing Talk 15:52, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
 Wide-Eye Glitch
I just encountered a very odd glitch on the 360. When I first followed Wide-Eye to the hidden entrance where the Greenmote was stored, I waited a few hours so she would probably be gone. When I got to the Greenmote hoard, she was still there, so I had to kill her. I took a few things from her body and continued on the quest. I slipped the Greenmote in Thadon's food and wine and headed to the chamber where he would soon die. When I got there, the game stopped me from moving so I could watch Thadon recite a soliloquy and then die, but during that whole speech I noticed something in the chair to Thadon's left, it looked like the game had glitched the sprite and (at the time) it looked like someone was repeatedly slamming their head into the table. That alone would have been an odd glitch, but as soon as the game allowed movement again, I bypassed checking out Thadon's body to find out that the "glitched sprite" I saw was none other than Wide-Eye. Still dead, she knelt on the chair sideways, laying backwards in a dead, very odd position. What I had thought was a head slamming was her torso jiggling. On her body was only what I had left. It would seems that Besides Greenmote, Thadon has some other interesting habits. --220.127.116.11 15:39, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
-- Same thing just happened to me. I think if Wide-Eye dies during this quest, before the soliloquy, then her body is moved to the dining hall. Pretty amusing.
 thadons throne
I have also had the message " you can not sit on owned furniture " when trying to sit on Thadons Throne does anyone know why this is? — Unsigned comment by Lord sheogorath (talk • contribs) on 3 September 2010
- It's a bug. And one that's already mentioned in the bugs section of the page. rpeh •T•C•E• 08:21, 3 September 2010 (UTC)
 Thadons meal doesn't appear in his quarters
In thadons quarters, if i walk into his kitchen at the "accurate time" the food never appears, but the weirdest part is that his meal will stay by his throne where he eats his meals. Any answers?
 FOOD & WINE NOT SHOWING UP WHERE IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE
I had the same issue. Tried re-loading over & over again, went there at different times and nothing! Finally decided to go to sleep. Woke up around 9am and went to the court yard/garden right outside the room where the food was suppose to be and waited there. I actually watched the chef go in the room (while I was still in the court yard/garden) then right after 12pm I saw him come out. Thats when I went in the room, killed the guards and vua la! (I doubt thats how you spell that but u get the point). The food was there. Just remember to go in the sneak mode to plant the drugs. Hope this works for the rest of you with same issue! Tom K. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 19:55 on 5 August 2011
 Nothing ever happens?
moved from the article:
- Sometimes you will poison the meal and nothing will happen to Thadon; the quest will not update and he will not die.
- Simply reload an earlier save and it will override this glitch.
I don't think this bug is valid. Of course, if you choose to travel to Cyrodiil and complete something irrelevant, it could break the Ritual. But if you received quest update 30 and follow the directions, I think it is highly unlikely that Thadon will eat - and go to bed - as usual. --Krusty 20:55, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
 Ritual of Mania- Not working
I've already put Thadon's blood in the Altar of Arden-Sul, and I've been proclaimed the Duchess of Mania. So I turn to Sheogorath to talk to him about the next step in his plan and I hear Sil's voice, she tells me she must say something. But as she goes to walk up to the Altar she glitches and is frozen in place but still looks as if she's walking. I've restarted many times, and turned off my xBox360 but nothing works. Can someone help me with this?!
22.214.171.124 03:11, 15 August 2011 (UTC)Scarlet
 Thadon body is invisible
okay it says that thadon is dead but i cant find the body it states that i need to get some of the contaminated blood and i cant find any. its actually starting to irritate me, i cant move on until this is fixed and the only option i can find is the one that you load an older game but an older save game means i have to redo alot, i think its bull crap that the game doesnt save everytime you complete a mission. PLEASE HelP
 Food after 3
I have just done the part where you poision the food, and the time i have is 4:29 (I have JUST done that part, and am looking at the game sneaked in the cornor of the kitian) and i started this part at 3, then i looked at this page, and saw "Before you sneak in, wait until the time is close to twelve o'clock in the afternoon. If it is three o'clock or later when you attempt this, Thadon's meal will not appear on the table and his wine will not appear on the rack" yet for me the food did appear, is this just for me or is something else going on? G-Rath 19:46, 11 January 2012 (UTC)