Magic is a central part of Skyrim; usually it is impossible to play the game without using magic at all. The same magical effects are shared by spells, alchemy, enchanted items, as well as less obviously magical features such as racial abilities and food. For information on the history of magic, see the lore article.
- Magic Overview — General information about using magic in the game
- Magical Effects — Descriptions of effects available from spells, potions and scrolls
- Spells — Spells available in the game
- Enchanting — Make your own artifacts, imbued with magical power
- Enchanting Effects — Effects you can place on gear, after disenchanting and unlocking them.
- Magic Items — General information about the magic items available
- Generic Magic Apparel — Randomly appearing magic apparel (armor, clothing, and jewelry)
- Generic Magic Weapons — Randomly appearing magic weapons
- Artifacts — Powerful, unique magic items obtainable through quests for otherworldly powers
- Scrolls — Magical scrolls which are used to cast spells
- Alchemy — The science of creating potions and poisons
- College of Winterhold — Join the College of Winterhold