|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Alessandra praying at the Shrine of Arkay
 Quick Walkthrough
- Talk to Alessandra.
- Deliver Alessandra's dagger to Andurs in Whiterun.
- Return to Alessandra.
 Detailed Walkthrough
Alessandra is the priestess of Arkay of Riften and you can find her in Hall of the Dead, right under Temple of Mara. She will spend most of her time tending the hall of the dead all by herself. Obviously, she is quite uncomfortable about her current work. "I didn't ask for this job, I got stuck with it thanks to my father." In fact, her father was also a Priset of Arkay. All her life was spent around the dead, being forced to learn the proper burial rituals and prayers. She thinks her life is lonely and miserable. In order to make peace with her father, she wants to make the journey to the Hall of the Dead in Whiterun and give her ceremonial dagger to Andurs, the caretaker. She believes once it's interred with her father's remains, she'll be at peace with his memory. If you agree to help her deliver the dagger, she'll appreciate your help and entrust you with it.
Travel to Whiterun and talk to the priest Andurs in Hall of the Dead. Hand Alessandra's dagger to him and he is delighted to see her finally decided to return it to her father. "I will make sure this finds its way to his tomb as soon as possible. Thank you for bringing it, my child."
Return to Alessandra and tell her the good news. She felt a caress on my cheek some time ago and she thinks it was a message from her father. "We've made peace with one another without even uttering a single word and I'm content for the first time in my life." Then she will thank you for your selfless action. You are also welcome to come back and speak to her anytime. There some bugs with the quest reward, please refer to the Bugs section.
- Alessandra says Andurs is in Windhelm, but he is in Whiterun.
- When completing the quest, Alessandra may not give any reward, though her dialogue suggests otherwise: "Here, please accept this as a token of your selfless action." There is a minimum Restoration skill level of 40 before she gives you anything.
- When given, the reward was every Restoration spell tome in the list, instead of a single random spell tome.
- You can put Alessandra's dagger in a dagger display case and complete the mission as though you still have the dagger. ?
 Quest Stages
||(Objective is assigned): Bring Alessandra's Dagger to Andurs in Whiterun
||(Objective is assigned): Return to Alessandra
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 10, 200, 250.