Reachwater Rock is a small cave southeast of Markarth and south of Sky Haven Temple, containing draugr.
Reachwater Rock is home to the crypt of Archmage Gauldur. It cannot be fully explored unless you are well on your way finishing the related quest. (This quest can be started here, but you still don't get access without leaving the cave first.)
This place was sealed at great price...
- One silver ore vein is located north-northwest of the cave entrance.
- One iron ore vein is located east of the cave entrance.
 Related Quests
- In the pool of water in the main chamber, there is a chest with random loot inside. There is also a skeleton with leveled gear. In this pool, there are at least two areas where the water appears to have air pockets where you can breath in and fall through.
- A dead adventurer in the main chamber has low- to mid-quality armor, and a copy of Lost Legends.
- On the pedestal by the adventurer is the Emerald Dragon Claw.
- At the ancient Nordic door, use the combination from the Emerald Dragon Claw. To see the combination, examine the underside of the claw in the inventory menu; it should be Bear—Whale—Snake.
- The next door's combination, after the first Nordic door, can be found on the Ivory Dragon Claw found in a previous location (Folgunthur) during the Forbidden Legend quest: Hawk—Hawk—Dragon.
- In the crypt, after you place all of the 3 parts of the amulet with the cave's associated quest, you will fight the ghosts of Archmage Gauldur's children.
- After you defeat the three ghosts and the draugr that accompanied them, the amulet will be reforged, and a wall will crumble down in another part of the ruin with boss level loot.
- There is also a chest on a ledge opposite the entrance to the crypt, which can be reached with a well-timed Whirlwind Sprint shout. Below this ledge is an orichalcum vein.
- Make sure to check Gauldur's skeleton in the sarcophagus the ghosts hang above, the skeleton has a leveled amount of gold.
- If the dragon claw door does not work, check here for possible fixes.
- The claw may not show up in your inventory after picking it up but can still be used on doors. You can manually add the item with console commands if this happens. ?
- There is a possibility Sigdis Gauldurson will use Unrelenting Force and knock you past the barrier separating you from the ghosts, glitching you to the point where you must reload a save.
- It may be possible to use ranged shouts or magic to kill the ghosts and lift the barrier, or you can conjure a creature on the other side of the barrier (if combat stops after conjuring, use hostile magic to start it again). ?
- You can use the console command
tcl to fly out of the barrier.
- The ghost may not come down for you to fight him. He stands and stares at the wall. ?
- In the pool of water in the main chamber, there are several "holes" in the water where you can breathe and walk normally. The most noticeable one is at the deepest part of the pool.
- The claw may not spawn. Load an old save to fix this or simply walk out of the cave and re-enter. ?