after waking up the priestess lady walked up to me and did her dialogue but instead of picking something I accidentally backed out and I cant get back to the dialogue now to move forward in the quest. I have no markers on my map but the quest is still there. any ideas? btw, I'm on Xbox.Fyjorki (talk) 11:56, 22 January 2014 (GMT) Fyjorki
- Try cleaning up the miscellaneous items like you failed the speech test. That's probably the default result. --Xyzzy Talk 05:11, 15 January 2014 (GMT)
Thanks for the tip, but I was even more stupid by leaving, but she hadn't said anything about cleaning so I just didn't. luckily by looking around on this page I saw a way to update quest to the death of the hagraven.Fyjorki (talk) 11:56, 22 January 2014 (GMT) Fyjorki
Not a serious glitch, but if one hovers close to the Misty Grove portal Morvunskar so that the message "To Misty Grove" can be seen, then reloads another save without game exit, the words "To Misty Grove" are still seen in the middle of the screen. All player interactions are unaffected- e.g approach a door so that "Open Door" appears. Open it, or move away from it, "To Misty Grove" replaces the "Open Door" text. However, quitting the game entirely and reloading a save that isn't in a location adjacent to the portal, "To Misty Grove" is no longer displayed.--Lmstearn (talk) 16:32, 17 January 2014 (GMT)
This has to be the buggiest quest in the game. I woke up in the temple, picked up the trash, but can't apologize to the priestess. In Rolikstead, I never got to talk to Ennis, because a dragon showed up. Before I defeated it, two more dragons with different styles showed up... one was a fire-breather, and one might have been Auduin because all hell broke loose... fire, a meteor storm, cats and dogs sleeping together... real wrath-of-god stuff. (my nod to Harold Ramis; rest in peace.) Afterwards, there was no Ennis, no nearby giant, no goat. I got back on track when Yolanda sends me after the ring, and all is well until I meet up with Sanguine. Dialog goes smoothly, he sez 'time to send you back'... and I get booted from game. Has happened three times now. I'm guessing the only way to resolve it is to back out of Misty grove before I talk to Sanguine and use the console to complete the quest. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 02:09 on 14 March 2014
- That's a pretty serious glitch. Have you installed the final Official Skyrim Patch? Do you have any 3rd party mods installed, other than the USKP? Even seemingly unrelated mods can cause very odd behavior. If you don't have the USKP installed, I would highly recommend you install it.
- You could also try reloading from before you ever talked to Sam, and advance at least 1 quest in the main questline and try starting it again. The presence of Alduin-type effects makes me suspect that you are experiencing an interaction between this quest and the main questline. --Xyzzy Talk 03:11, 14 March 2014 (GMT)
- That dragon stuff sounds a very lot like "Dragon Combat Overhaul". I use this also and for example there's a probability, that one wounded dragon will invoke one or more other dragons; and surely that wasn't Alduin, with this mod badly wounded dragons will use shouts of ice- or fire-storm that will quake a really, really big area… But what should this have to do with the crash after teleport? Nothing.
- So I don't had those earlier problems, I could apologize although I didn't had the feathers in the temple, and in Rorikstead the sky was clear. I went through all the quest and after getting the rose and guessing "thanks" to Sanguine, he teleports me to the Bee & Barb (that's where we got drunk) – and CTD after load screen. Always. Why??
- You can leave the conversation with Sanguine before the teleport, it's possible. Then you need the console for exiting the grove and finishing the quest. But it's not necessary to talk to him not at all. -- CompleCCity (talk) 16:25, 11 April 2014 (GMT)
Impossible to start a night to rememberEdit
no black out after drinking contest, all 3 NPCs needed for quest are alive. As quest never starts I cant (or dont know how) manipulate it in console. I dont know if it is because i am lvl 91, or something with being vampire or perhaps because i have done the heart of dibella quest prior to going on drinking contest, other than that i have no ideas why it wont start... if someone got any ideas how to start quest manually in console or something, i would apreciate it. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 00:44 on 30 June 2014
- If you have lc_becomejarlofivarstead you might try this
- There seems to be some sort of conflict between this and A Night to Remember. This is the only new mod that I've added since my last playthrough, and now I can't get the quest to start even though the console.
- It looks like a few other people are having similar issues as well. Has it affected anyone here? If so, were you able to find a workaround?
- Remove DA14Goat in cell LCFortRedSkull to fix the quest.
- Creation Kit tutorial (follow steps 1-4, the other steps just show how to lower the combat levels of NPCs) or TES5Edit Method (for those who prefer TES5)
- Load up LC_BecomeJarlofIvarstead.esp in TES5Edit
- Right-click LC_BecomeJarlofIvarstead and choose Apply Filter for Cleaning
- Click the "+" sign to expand the info, click Cell > Block 4 > Sub-Block 4 > 0200F3EC LCFortRedSkull > Temporary
- Long list of items should appear. Click "Name" at top to sort the items by their name, and look for DA14Goat
- Right-click on DA14Goat and choose "Remove" > choose "Yes" to the warning
- That's it. Click the Red "X" at the top-right to close TES5Edit.
- Click "OK" when prompted. Done. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 10 August 2014
- Thank you thank you thank you to the above editor!!.. to let others know this solved it for me.. albeit I just uninstalled that mod 'becomejarlofiverstead'.. can we make this an added solution for the bug? Thanks again from Dava. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 23:39 on 21 August 2014
- Thats a shame, cause those are the hardest to track down, and by far the most common....fixed it for me too but it did crash my latest save. Make sure you are not in anywhere near ivarstead while doing this (distance depends on your ugridstoload i guess) — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 15:43 on 10 December 2014
Can't give the ring to YsoldaEdit
After I killed moira I tried To give the ring back, but it just won't show any dialogue options — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 12:35 on 6 August 2014
- I've had this issue as well. For me, it was an issue with one of the Unoffical Patches. Try disabling them and then give the wedding ring back. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 12:01 on 9 August 2014
- This will be fixed in USKP 2.0.6, which isn't released yet. You can fix it yourself by removeing the ring from yourself and giving it to Ysolda via the console, then talking to her (the condition for the correct dialogue to be available is that she has the ring, not you). Kotekzot (talk) 13:00, 10 August 2014 (GMT)
When playing as a female character..Edit
..Ysolda refers to your fiancee as a "he", but the page only mentions "she". Not a big deal, just discovered it while doing the quest. Don't really want to try editing stuff, just wanted to relay the information. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 16:28 on 3 October 2014
Quest items don't appear after forgetting noteEdit
I woke up in the temple, apologized to the priestess then went off to Rorikstead, having no idea of the note and quest items. I did some random quest in between and then read about the quest items. I went back into the temple, took and read the note and picked up the Giants' Toe and 1 bottle of Alto Wine, but neither prompted a quest update or gave me the quest items. I'm now at the wedding location down 1 bottle of Alto Wine, so apparently I need to go back but I'll try it first.
Duffy (talk) 07:26, 5 February 2016 (UTC)