What Info to Provide for Spell TomesEdit
If nearly every spell in the game is going to have a Spell Tome, I don't think it's feasible to list all the spell details on this page. For Oblivion:Spell Tomes, the only spells that were detailed were the handful added by the plugin -- the vast majority of the tomes were simply stuffed into the huge table at the bottom of the page. Furthermore, I already think it's impractical to list all of the spells on a single page. If we want to create a page that lists all of the spells plus all of the book information (ID, weight, value, eventually possibly guaranteed locations), then that's even more impractical.
In short, I think it's best if this page just provides the spell name as a link, and doesn't provide any of the spell details. Alternatively, if we want to provide anything more than basic book information (i.e., if we want to actually provide the text of the book), I think we'll have to bite the bullet and create a separate page for each Spell Tome. Which again means that this page only provides a basic summary. --NepheleTalk 16:15, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- If the tomes actually contain any text, creating separate pages seems like the way to go. I wasn't aware that every spell in the game will have corresponding tome; if that's the case, this article would obviously become much too large. --Legoless 16:30, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- At the moment I think while interesting, this page doesn't contain much info that's actually useful to a person playing the game. Ideally, either this page or a plethora of pages on each individual spell tome would contain the locations of each spell tome - being that there are multiple copies of each tome. As we now know the Tomes have no text, that isn't an issue any more and I feel this would add some actual functionality to the page / pages we create. Revoran 06:13, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
- What if we were to separate each tome based on the skill it uses, Ex: Flames goes on the Destruction page under novice level, Detect Dead goes on the Alteration page under Expert level). We could also include a list of who sells the tomes/where to find them.--126.96.36.199 11:06, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
what is sorely missing from this page is the "where to find" section ;) books for (almost) all spells can be bought at court wizards or the college once the player has sufficient skill, listing those is basically listing spells or spell vendors. spell tomes however are only noteworthy if found in the wild where you do not have to pay for them, right?
I've input all the information for the destruction spells... problem is, I messed up with the code somewhere, and have no idea how to fix it. I don't want to throw it away though, so I decided to post it here.
- Don't add |} at the end of every spell. Only use that when you want to close a table.--Volkrov 01:12, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
If anyone can fix it, feel free to post it up.
- Fixed. Where did all this information come from? I haven't seen even half of these in my game.--Volkrov 04:57, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
- Then you haven't been to the College of Winterhold. Several NPC's there sell the highest level stuff.-Zydrate 18:57, 24 November 2011 (UTC)