Oblivion talk:Miscarcand (quest)
Just wondering: What needs cleaning up on this page? --GuildKnight 14:34, 16 January 2007 (EST)
Anyone? --GuildKnight 16:47, 30 January 2007 (EST)
- The only thing I can see wrong with it is the length of the 'Bugs' Section... --Ratwar 17:04, 30 January 2007 (EST)
- I've gone ahead and removed the cleanup tag. The editor who placed it on the page is no longer active, so I don't think we'll ever get an answer on what problems were thought to be in need of fixing. Since then the page has been revised multiple times, and I don't see any obvious problems (such as formatting, first person comments, etc.) with the current version of the page. Yes, the Bugs section is fairly long, especially compared to the short "Detailed Walkthrough". But there are several bugs that can be triggered by this quest, yet not much in the way of noteworthy details about how to complete the quest otherwise. I did some reorg on the bug section a few days ago, and tried to consolidate some redundant info, but most of what's left seemed relevant to me. Of course, anyone else is welcome to take a shot at seeing if there's more that needs to be cut. --Nephele 23:32, 30 January 2007 (EST)
Thanks. Now it's not aggravating my OCD by being in the cleanup category :-) --GuildKnight 00:43, 1 February 2007 (EST)
- Could really use more information on this. I'm stuck in here & can't find the switches to activate the gates! Argh!!
- If you would really like some information, it would be helpful if you actually made it clear what your problem is. --Nephele 22:31, 22 October 2006 (EDT)
- I'm not the original poster, but I'm stuck here as well. I'm fairly sure I've found all the pressure plates (one on the wall and one on the floor) but the gate just before the door to Sel Vanua remains locked. Can anyone confirm *exactly* where the trigger to open the gate is located? — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- Any chance that your version of the game is not patched? The patch notes include one item described as "Fixed an issue where Ayleid doors would not open when activated in Miscarcand." I've never encountered this problem myself (I installed the patch months ago), but it sounds consistent with the problem that you are describing. In which case, it's very possible that you've found the trigger already, the problem is just that you need to install the patch. --Nephele 23:20, 3 December 2006 (EST)
 A fairly standard Ayleid ruin dungeon crawl ensues.
Pretty much. Doing the quest at higher level results in the relatively easy goblin beserkers et al, and the more difficult higher level undead [e.g.; Dread Zombies, Skeleton Champions, etc.]. There's also a lich at the end summoning zombie guardians, but they're not too bad.
I decided to flee in the PC version and the King of Miscarcand chases me after closing the big Oblivion gate. So this isn't XBox specific. I was able to quick-travel however. --Alexander Nofftz 20:00, 23 October 2006 (EDT)
I ran away from the Lich, and completely forgot about him. The game behaved normally untill he turned up later in the game. But the Fighters Guild members from the desolate mine quest were there to help kill the Lich. (Not that the Lich was particularly hard, I don't see how people have trouble with them). - T0mm0 14:30, 15 November 2006 (EST)
Same here I ran and forgot about him and he was attack imperial city guards after I chose to pay a fine (I killed my Nights of the nine follower)Gdogg79 12:55, 6 May 2007 (EDT)gdogg79
I had a lot of trouble here, so I just ran through the ruin - didn't kill a single enemy. The King of Miscarcand followed all the way to Skingrad, where I punched a guard and payed the fine. This resulted in a fight between Miscarvand and two Guards. All combatants 'cept me were killed - I think the King fell off the bridge. I couldn't stop laughing.
 King of Miscarand
Upon grabbing the Greater Welknyd stone, The stairs popped up and the rest of the storyline followed, but I never actually had to kill the king; I just ran as fast as I could back outside, where I encountered that problematic bug, but I fixed it by saving the game, reloading it, then going back into the ruins (rather quickly before the rest of the AI kicks in) and hitting the 'wait' option. I never encountered the King of Miscarand, and thus never killed him. Anyone else encounter this? --Darkheart 11:52, 1 March 2009 (EST)
 UOP does not fix everything
There is a bug called Running from the King of Miscarcand, on which the article claims that UOP fixes it, and that visiting an Oblivion gate fixes it as well. I cannot confirm either of these. I use UOP. In Miscarcand, I defeated the King but fled from the zombies; I could not wait or fast-travel for some 10 minutes, but at some moment it started to work again, so I thought that the zombies either lost track of me or got killed by some monsters on the way, or whatever else happened. I forgot about the zombies, closed some Oblivion Gates (including the great one), did some quests. Today, I was spotted trespassing in Leyawiin, and paid the bounty. I appeared in front of the Leyawiin Castle, and suddendly the zombies were there! While the article even recommends this as a method to get rid of the zombies, this is very dangerous: citizens may rush in to help, accidentally hit the guards instead of the zombies (often happens with rangers) and get into a friendly-fire battle. (Yes, it happened to me this way. Now I'm going to try again and kill the zombies using the console to prevent long fighting. It seems that Oblivion's AI has the habit of triggering bugs in the most unappropriate moments...)\
Sometimes there is actually a bandit or a goblin that is following you that saw you outside of the ruins. It is not always a bug. I had this happen to me.
 Moved Comment
I removed this comment made due to the conflicting nature of it with the current article:
- Occasionally the bug will "release" after a few moments, and you will be able to fast travel and rest, however they will still appear to attack you at some point.
 Regarding the Invisibility verification request
I just went through Miscarcand this way, and it works. I made sure I was not detected the entire length of the ruin (using an invisibility spell) and when I picked up the stone the King came out, lumbered toward my position, but never attacked. I made sure I remained undetected on my way out and was never chased by him;can fast travel/ rest with no problem. Mcrfan44 06:10, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for checking that. I think the key is not to be detected at the time you pick up the Great Welkynd Stone (and after) so I tweaked the note to reflect that. I don't think you need to remain undetected for the entire journey, just the last bit. --Timenn-<talk> 21:18, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
If you don't kill the zombie guardians that you find with the King of Miscarand, they will follow you untill they die. I've been attacked by them while in Anvil and even in Cloud Ruler Temple's interior.
 King of Miscarcand and two zombies spawning outside castle entrance.
I completed the Miscarand quest and never had to fight the King of Miscarcand then I recently had a bounty and paid the fine, after I paid the fine it transported me outside of Bruma castle(as usuall) and the King of Miscarcand and two headless zombies were spawned in front of the castle entrance. This is the first time I've ever seen an enemy inside city limits without open cities or any similar mods. I then tried the same thing but was transferred to the Anvil castle after paying the fine and the same thing happened. So I'm not really sure how this happened.
- The king is bugged to follow you throughout Cyrodiil if you do not kill him.--Arch-Mage MattTalk 15:13, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
- I'm wondering what version of the UOP people are using who are still reporting this bug. As I look at it here in TES4Edit, the AI pack responsible for the issue has been removed from the zombies and the Lich, but that doesn't mean other mods that might edit these monsters have also picked up the changes. Arthmoor 05:04, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- The Miscarcand Key opens a "Gate door to exit in Miscarcand, Morimath". rpeh •T•C•E• 09:49, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
 Martin and console
I think that there are too much complicated console workarounds for fixing Martin's "armor problem". Can I suggest replacing them with simple "PC players can also open the console and type
setessential 33907 1 to mark Martin as essential character and therefore make him immortal for the time of the battle. It must be done during the battle or at its start, or Martin's scripts may bring him back to non-essential state"? - ZuTheSkunk 13:32, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
 Great Welkynd Stone
Almost all of the questions i ask are the same thing including this one. Is it possible to get a non-scripted, droppable version of the stone via skull of corruption?
I'm the the same poster but, I have the same question. I want this for my display cases in my Skingrad house for my Ayleid artifact collection; Is it at all possible to get a copy of this that wouldn't be counted as a quest item?
 King of Miscarand invading Chorrol
So i havent done this nor have i ever heard of the king of miscarand until recently. But i was escaping a jail in chorrol but when i got outside I saw the king of miscarand and several zombie guardians attacking the local town watch. him and his guardians then continued on to butcher everyone in the castle. Maybe this should be added into the bugs.
-The mysterious Guest.
 Martin on miscarand quest
When i try to get into this quest by talking to Martin, he keeps telling me that he hasn't translated that part of the book yet. Do any of you know what thats about and how to get onto this quest ?
 Game Not Registering Stone
I am playing the PC version of oblivion, and I got the Great welkynd stone very early on in the game while i was out exploring. However the game does not register that i have taken the stone from the alter. I have the stone in my inventory and the body of the Lich king is laying next to the alter where I killed him. Does anyone have any suggestions of how i can fix this problem without having to pretty much start all over again? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 03:17 on 18 December 2011
- This is probably much too late, but just in case: have you tried giving the stone to Martin? If so, what happens? – Robin Hood↝talk 02:43, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
- Yes I have tried to give the stone to martin, but he still keeps prompting me that he needs the stone.(Sry thought i had stated that in the last post) This happened when I tried to give him both the stone and the armor at the same time if that means anything. (188.8.131.52 19:55, 31 January 2012 (UTC))
- Thank you so much, that has seemed to fix the problem. Lets just hope nothing else goes wrong now! (184.108.40.206 01:47, 18 February 2012 (UTC)) -Elder scrolls addict