|Archive 1: Apr 2007 - Jun 2010|
Lady of Paranoia Questbreaking GlitchEdit
This is frustrating me immensely. I have beaten this questline multiple times, and can't get enough of it. So I started a new character, and decided to do it again. right now I'm on lady of paranoia. I was about to finish the quest, I met Syl in the torture chamber, and she shocked muurine. BUT, muurine did not die, and now Syl will not talk to me, she just says, "We'll talk when we're in the chamber". ........ We ARE in the chamber. What's this all about?
- Try manually pushing the button yourself, please reply if it works :P MikeTalk 15:32, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
I tried that, doesn't trigger the effect again. I tried reloading twice, I even weakened her right before the event. Nothing. I also tried shooting arrows and casting magic through the cage, but they won't go through, because oblivion has the stupid rule that an arrow can't go through a 1 foot space. I really can't figure out what to do. I think it could have something to do with the extra content, such as Frostcrag spire, being installed on my console. I've been getting an epic amount of glitches since I got the rest of the smaller dlc packs.
That happened to me. I had accidentally killed Muurine before the quest. I found the only way to fix it was to reload another save. Hope this helps. (By the way.......Shouldn't this be added to the quest page?)G-Raffe 08:54, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
Massive Glitch that has never been mentionedEdit
I am getting soooo pissed because of a huge glitch with no fix. Apparently if your marksman is high enough any time you shoot an arrow at an enemy and it gets knocked down, most of the time they won't get back up and your game will freeze after a few minutes. The only possible way of stopping this is by not using marksman, and seeing as how that's the only high skill my character has I'm having a very hard time. I've tested this countless times I'm using enchanted arrows with an enchanted bow both ebony, on a PS3. It completely blows because I've had to redo many, many quests. Mostly this happens with Shambles as they explode and will not get back up. I've tried killing them once they are down and leaving them there. Any help would be great. — Unsigned comment by Just2Pro (talk • contribs) at 05:51 on 11 July 2010
Moved from main pageEdit
"I have finished the shivering isles on the pc and everything went as it usually did but after i finished the main questline for Cyrodill (relighting the dragonfires) haskill started having the standard breton voice for everything i talked to him about exept for entertainment and defend the realm and a while after that happend i tried using sheogoraths protection but it said i had to be in the shivering isles to use it and i was in the shivering isles.this also happend for manipulate weather and summon haskill"
- Did you use console commands to warp to SI from Cyrodiil? Sometimes the game can become confused, take a look at Shivering:Glitches, I remember seeing something about a fix when I looked at that page just a minute ago, should be somewhere on there, good luck. --Dremora Lord 15:52, 7 January 2011 (UTC)
Funny glitch with Sheogorath's dialogueEdit
I encontured a weird glitch with Sheogoarath. It happened when I summoned Haskill right in front of Sheogorath. I was about to talk to him when Sheogorath and Haskill started chatting. Haskill was talking in a Breton voice, and Sheogorath was talking in an Imperial. But weirdly, they were talking as if they were in Cyrodil, saying things like "Did you hear that Elf who got murdered" etc etc. However, what made me laugh was when Sheogorath started saying "Thank Akatosh the Oblivion Crisis is over" despite the fact that he is a daedric lord himself.
Err what the hellEdit
Ok something really weird happened to me today. I went to jail in Si for stealing. So, as normal, I escaped the cave. but when I got out, Dar mar was standing there just looking at me. I realised this was because when I was doing a Shadow over hackdirt I had lead Dar mar back in to the house but not talked to her mother for an award, so the quest was not officialy completed. So I talked to Dar mar, and that was then something REALLY WEIRD happened. She had the same voice as Sheogorath, and the same dialogue but her mouth wouldn't move. As such, I could talk to her about the duke of mania, the next quest etc. and she would respond in Sheogorath's voice. This was only fixed when she followed me back out the fringe again and got back to Cyrodil
- Glad you found a fix, that is pretty funny though, same with the 2 other posts above this one, I didn't know that there was a bit of Cyrodiil dialogue hidden within the Shivering Isles. --Dremora Lord 15:48, 7 January 2011 (UTC)
(moved from article) I need help!!!Edit
Hi! I recently bought the CD version of Shivering Isles. I have the original Oblivion disk and not the GOTY or the downloaded version. I don't know how to install shivering isles. I put it in the disk and after the screen of Bethseda a black screen comes telling me to insert the original oblivion disk. I do ad nothing happens!!! it just stays on d screen!!! wat can I do?!?!?! Do i have to download some pathces or something!!!!!!?? PLEASE HELP!!! — Unsigned comment by Micdude (talk • contribs) at 13:45 on 16 October 2010
- First, you should sing your posts with 4 tildes. Second, do not ask questions in articles but in talk pages. And third, I don't know, you should ask someone that use the CD version of Shivering Isles. --Rigas Papadopoulos • Talk to me • My work • 13:49, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
- Either you're doing something obviously wrong and not realizing it (e.g., putting the wrong disk in) or your disk is damaged. Try uninstalling everything and then only installing Oblivion without SI. If that fails, the disk is damaged; if it works, then you know that's not the problem. – Robin Hood↝talk 15:39, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
Cure Vampirism and get Rich quick?Edit
I finished the cure for vampirism quest, and I went to get my reward. I Collected my gold, then clicked on reward again and I got the money again! :o I did this over and over until I had tons of money. I saved, drank the cure and asked again for the reward and he still gave it to me! XD
upon entering shivering isles or at some time during activity, potions, may go missing from inventory.
feather potions predominantly.
though, ingredients seem to be safe, as are potions created within the isles.
user "Tizona" reports the apparent loss of as many as 100 potions, over every entry into the isles. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 01 mar 2011
- Moved from article. Also, note that first person accounts, or reported first-person accounts, are not appropriate for the articles. --Brf 01:04, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
I was walking around Shivering Isle and I noticed that a loction by the name of Dreamwalk Camp doesn't exist,whenever I go there instead of the part where the Camp should be there is a floating stair with a chair and root coming out from where should be a mountain(that now is "cut" before the camp even starts). Is that quest related or just a bug? Is there anything I can do? (Sorry for the bad english)
- That kind of thing usually means your disc is scratched. Try giving it a quick clean. rpeh •T•C•E• 15:50, 10 March 2011 (UTC)
- ...Hmmm, my disc seemd to be in perfect conditions, but thanks for the reply anyway. Would you (or someone) be able to tell me if the camp is important to any quest line? Because if it's not I can easily ignore it.
Haskill Won't Talk, And It SucksEdit
I'm assuming this is related to the "Haskill Won't Talk" glitch featured on this page. I've just gone through the Strange Door for the first time, and Haskill has invited me to sit. However, when I sit, he doesn't begin his dialogue. Instead, we are left sitting in silence like two people at a really awkward dinner party.
I have played through the Shivering Isles before, and everything went fine then. If anyone has any ideas, I would be glad to know of them.
(Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to put this.) — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 13:17 on March 29, 2011
Stuck after vampire cureEdit
i played part of the shivering isle and when i left and cured vampirism so now the quest all reset and i carnt get past the xidillan place cause all the crystals are in place and an invisable wall is stoping me from continuing on the quest is there any fix or has any had this problem im play PS3 by the way — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 05:16 on April 12, 2011
- Just talk to him while sitting that worked for me. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 05:45 on 29 September 2012
Re-installation problem, Please Explain!!!Edit
so, i un-install SI then load my game (ignoring warning message) so i can redo the quests, and when i re-install it, and this happens:
- 1-people act like I'm still the madgod,
- 2-Haskill acts like i just finished the main quest,
- 3-everyone is still dead (i killed them before),
- 4-My quest journal says nothing about the SI quests and i dont have the madgod title in the stats page, even though everyone acts like ive done everything,
- And, Strangest of all,
the IMPERIAL LEGION arrests me for crimes commited in the SHIVERING ISLES!!!! please explain, i use the xbox and have the GOTY disc. Update: When the legion arrests me, I get sent to a dungeon in the Shivering Isles!
- Uninstalling the game does not delete the saved game files. All defined attributes, and records, stay with the game files. This is because saved games are seperate from the expansion pack. You can get rid of the Shivering Isles content, but nothing you saved. The game will not pick through your files and remove every SI-related thing, rather, it will try and play through it. Your factions record will be maintained, because it is intrinsic to your character, so all acquired info will be maintained. If you want to play the game again, delete the saved games, or create new saves, but trying to clear the expansion will not clear player history.- Neural Tempest 03:07, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
I recently cleared the cache on my xbox 360, and i had a oblivion save with SI/KOTN downloaded. This save was when i was in the priory of the nine. Upon loading, it brought me to the tiber septim hotel, (I know its a safe-cell) and all of my SI equipment was gone. I went to my house in skingrad to get some more quipment, and i noticed that any SI items that I had personally enchanted and left in the open at my house, were completely black and showed as a greenish square in my inventory. I had a perfect madness longsword, dark seducer shield, and order robes that i had enchanted. The torso of my "Diamond Vestments" it appeared to be in front of me when i moved around in the game. It bobbed back-and-forth as i walked, and there were no footstep sounds. The sword did not show up in first person view, and made no noise , but it stil did normal damage to the 10+ guards who i tested it on. all the effects of the shield and robes worked like normal. I asked my friend, who has played Oblivion since it first came out, and refered to it as "shadow armor". If this has happened to anyone else, please let me know, i looked it up and i havent found it on the web.
- I think your SI data might of corrupted. I think you need to redownload it.--I a m g o o f b a l l--Need Something? Drop by on my Talk Page. What I've done for this site. 00:33, 10 June 2011
Thank you for your intutive grasp of the obvious, kind sir. The SI and KOTN Data dissapeared from the hard drive, and i fixed it. i just want to know if this happend to anybody else or have this listed in case someone else has this happen to them. ☺
Exclamation marks instead of an entrance to the Shivering IslesEdit
I have not run across the glitch mentioned by this entry, but the advice given seems almost nonsense. The article instructs the user to "Uninstall and reinstall Oblivion a few times."????? Multiple times?!?! What? Doing that once might fix the problem, but, based on my experience with Morrowind, it would be entirely unnecessary as it seem the glitch being described is simply trying to run Shivering Isles without the Shivering Isles BSAs registered in the ini file, thus leading oblivion to lack the proper models and place error markers in their place. Is there anyone with more experience relating to this glitch that can confirm or correct this? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 20:09 on June 20, 2011
Different Lady of Paranoia ProblemEdit
I'm towards the end of the quest, where I've gotten Nelrene to implicate Muurine. The problem i'm having is that Muurine no longer seems to exist. At some point I got a message for no reason saying that Muurine was unconscious and now I can't find her anywhere. The quest marker keeps sending me to Clutumnus's house but no one is in there. Muurine is not showing up in her house or any of the other locations she is supposed to be. I can't find her to get a confession out of her. I tried going back a few sections in the quest but it didn't seem to help. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 00:00 on June 22, 2011
- This is just a guess, but she MAY have fallen out of the map. Could someone with the CS check if this is possible?--I a m g o o f b a l l--Need Something? Drop by on my Talk Page. What I've done for this site. 05:13, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
- Wait, to check the above, go back to Cyrrodil, and find the Tiber Septim hotel in the Imperial CIty. The game treats it as a safe zone, so when people fall into the void outside of maps, they teleport there so it doesn't have to delete them.--I a m g o o f b a l l--Need Something? Drop by on my Talk Page. What I've done for this site. 14:50, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
I can confirm that it is possible to create permanent golden saints and dark seducers. I tested this glitch on PC GOTY edition. Summon a saint or seducer, exit the cell, quickly save and reload, then re-enter the cell. the saint or seducer you summoned will be renamed from (player's name)'s Dark Seducer/Golden Saint To Dark Seducer/Golden Saint. the Saint/Seducer will not follow you, and attempting to talk to her will cause the I HAVE NO GREETING glitch, but she will attack creatures and hostile NPCs, and if she dies, her body can be looted. 220.127.116.11 18:29, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
Ok im on the xbox and im on the lady of paranoia quest and when i have have to go listen to the meet noone talks even when im hideing behind the boxes and even if i wait all day someone help please!
No journal entry to start shivering islesEdit
Hey i play on xbox and i got the Goty edition for oblivion when i installed SI and played oblivion nothing showed up no new island or journal entry or anything i tryed sleeping for a few days but nothing happend can someone help — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- try just going to the door anyway (I plead LazynessEddie The Head 05:01, 13 October 2011 (UTC))
- But there is no door theres nothing where the portals suppose to be — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- If you have cleared your hard drive cache after you installed the add-on you will have to re-install it, try re-installing it (I plead LazynessEddie The Head 05:17, 13 October 2011 (UTC))
I've tryed re-installing it but nothing and it's starting to annoy me could it not be reading the disk right? Or is it just a problem with the game?— Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 13 October 2011
- I don't play on the XBox so I don't know how these things work, but do you get an options screen when you load the game? If there's a Data Files option, make sure the DLC files are checked. If you don't get that option... it sounds like you've got a dodgy disc or something. rpeh •T•C•E• 05:33, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
Worst non mentioned glitch ever!Edit
Help its me money noodle im playing on the 360 on shivering isles. Im on the ques Ritual of Accession, the beggining where sheogorath tells you to talk to the preists. When i talk to alcon or whatever his name is, he has no greeting and it freezes. I lit the mania fire if thet helps at all. Idont feel like re-downloading it for 4 hours, but if its the only option, its ok. Also I tried talking to him again and his neck twisted on its side.--Μονευ Νοοδλε 16:25, 30 December 2011 (UTC) link to my page []
White square in corner of "I HAVE NO GREETING" messageEdit
When I trigger the I Have No Greeting error, there's a white rectangle in the corner of the screen. What is it supposed to be? Is it a leftover from when the game was still in development and running the Morrowind engine? FokkerTISM (talk) 13:41, 8 April 2013 (GMT) (An example of what I'm talking about can be seen here: )
Item removal bugEdit
On the Xbox 360 version of the game, committing a crime in Crucible can have a detrimental effect on your inventory, as when you retrieve your items from the chest in Corpserot Passage, you will notice that some of them are missing, including quest items. Sheogorath 188.8.131.52 00:28, 7 June 2013 (GMT)
Vampirism Glitch breaking Lady of Paranoia (Not about cure, 360, GoTY)Edit
Hello everyone, I've been dealing with a nearly game-breaking glitch for some time now, and it's not related to the vampirism cure that everyone is always talking about. The problem all started when I started fighting a ton of vampires in the caves around Skingrad. I was always careful to cure the vampire disease, but once I got a level, I slept to get my new points. I immediately woke back up and had a dream about turning into a vampire - apparently, I had the disease without even realizing it. I promptly reloaded, cured the disease, and slept for my level.
However, after that point, I noticed that people were all panicking and refusing to talk to me. They all acted as if I was a vampire...Which I was not. My appearance had not changed. My stats and powers had not changed. No new spells. No dreams. No ability to drink blood. No sun damage. No quest to cure it. For all intents and purposes, I'm not a vampire, but some check in the game's data is switched to make people react as if I am, or something. I've tried clearing my data cache, and nothin'. Now, I learned to deal with it by using Illusion magic to charm people into talk to me, but...I've hit another brick wall.
I'm doing the Lady of Paranoia quest, and I've gotten to the point where I've found the Khajiit and Dark Seducer talking to one another. I talked to the Dark Seducer first, and got her to cave. Now, I apparently need to talk to the Khajiit, but he simply won't - he just panics about how I'm a vampire. Charming him doesn't work, I even created a custom 100 charm spell, and it doesn't work. Since I apparently have to do the quest, this appears to be a game-breaker. Does anyone know any work-arounds? And before anyone shrugs out a "console commands" remark, this is on the Xbox 360.
Who's the wise guy that tried to delete my post? I have a genuine question about a real problem. I thought this community wasn't full of such dolts. 184.108.40.206 08:38, 29 November 2013 (GMT)